Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
but is my menu different from yours?

Attachments

• Screenshot (108).png
    Screenshot (108).png
    679.7 KB · Views: 125
Cheers! After AC2020 fcked my whole game and I needed to reinstall it twice, I also tried to reinstall CSP and Sol. It's basically working, but I can't gte the controlling apps ingame... I activated everything, but ingame they won't appear. Only the AC apps and AC Dev apps. Any ideas?

1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
4.PNG

For the random weather you could make a weather plan and paste something like this:

I have a doubt. Is there a way to define random weather but giving more chances to some types to others? For instance, I want the following weather types in my game (I have already disabled the rest in the Sol menu), but I want some of them to be much more frequent.

Clear +++
Few Clouds ++++++++
Scattered Clouds ++++++
Broken Clouds +++
Squalls ++
Windy ++
Haze ++
Sand +

Any idea?

I have a doubt. Is there a way to define random weather but giving more chances to some types to others? For instance, I want the following weather types in my game (I have already disabled the rest in the Sol menu), but I want some of them to be much more frequent.

Clear +++
Few Clouds ++++++++
Scattered Clouds ++++++
Broken Clouds +++
Squalls ++
Windy ++
Haze ++
Sand +

Any idea?
Yes, just put in the weather names 2 times or 3 times or 10 times. Then their chance is much higher....

random({"Clear", "Clear", "Clear", "Rain"})

Then rain has a chance of 0.75

After I reinstalled the game, I don't have a python.ini there... Seems like I need to reinstall python? Been ages since I done that. And sorry for overlooking that.

EDIT: I Just added a python.ini manually with that code and it did'nt work...
You can also try to start the Vanilla Launcher and then go back to CM. That should do it also....

Yes, just put in the weather names 2 times or 3 times or 10 times. Then their chance is much higher....

random({"Clear", "Clear", "Clear", "Rain"})

Then rain has a chance of 0.75

Oh, I see. It make sense. And any way to start always with Scattered clouds and then go random? I've edited one of the random files like this. I don't know what the rest of the code is for, but I suppose it must be there.

Code:
local time_multiplier = ac.getTimeMultiplier()

if time_multiplier == 0 then

time_multiplier = 1

end

for i=1, 100 do

__SOL_WEATHER_PLAN:add_weather_slot({

weather = random({"Clear", "FewClouds", "FewClouds", "ScatteredClouds", "ScatteredClouds", "ScatteredClouds", "ScatteredClouds", "ScatteredClouds", "BrokenClouds", "Squalls", "Windy", "Sand"}),

time_holding  = 600/ time_multiplier,

time_changing = 300 / math.sqrt(time_multiplier),

temperature_ambient = nil,

temperature_road = nil,

wind_direction = random(0, 360),

wind_speed = random(2, 15),

})

end

if debug.getinfo(1, 'S').source:sub(1, -5):match(("^.+/(.+)$")) == nil then

ac.debug("Loaded", debug.getinfo(1, 'S').source:sub(1, -5):match(("^.+\\(.+)$")))

else

ac.debug("Loaded", debug.getinfo(1, 'S').source:sub(1, -5):match(("^.+/(.+)$")))

end

ac.debug("Time multiplier", ac.getTimeMultiplier())

Oh, I see. It make sense. And any way to start always with Scattered clouds and then go random? I've edited one of the random files like this. I don't know what the rest of the code is for, but I suppose it must be there.

Code:
local time_multiplier = ac.getTimeMultiplier()

if time_multiplier == 0 then

time_multiplier = 1

end

for i=1, 100 do

__SOL_WEATHER_PLAN:add_weather_slot({

weather = random({"Clear", "FewClouds", "FewClouds", "ScatteredClouds", "ScatteredClouds", "ScatteredClouds", "ScatteredClouds", "ScatteredClouds", "BrokenClouds", "Squalls", "Windy", "Sand"}),

time_holding  = 600/ time_multiplier,

time_changing = 300 / math.sqrt(time_multiplier),

temperature_ambient = nil,

temperature_road = nil,

wind_direction = random(0, 360),

wind_speed = random(2, 15),

})

end

if debug.getinfo(1, 'S').source:sub(1, -5):match(("^.+/(.+)$")) == nil then

ac.debug("Loaded", debug.getinfo(1, 'S').source:sub(1, -5):match(("^.+\\(.+)$")))

else

ac.debug("Loaded", debug.getinfo(1, 'S').source:sub(1, -5):match(("^.+/(.+)$")))

end

ac.debug("Time multiplier", ac.getTimeMultiplier())
Just open the demo weather plan and do the first slot with scattered and the second with random and so on

@Peter Boese is there any way to start a race with predefined dynamic weather? I mean without the need to adjust it in Sol Plan Selector when the car is in garage/start line?
Not exactly what you want until you get a proper response, but try on cm>settings>apps>sol weather app to enable "Save and Restore weather plan settings". Then enable your dynamic plan, exit session, start another and check if it's reloaded. This should only work to restore the previously loaded dynamic plan, not to select one before session start.

Ok, so I have a black horizon with Laguna Seca. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?
You must download its track config. cm>settings>csp>track configs , on the 3 dots you can force to install all (or set them to auto-download), or you can simply right click on the track in the list and select "Install now" or "Reinstall" (depending if present). The same will happen on other tracks like Monza if you miss their config for csp, because it needs a change in the horizon blending mode. Also, this should be covered in the Sol manual with pics.

Last edited:
You must download its track config. cm>settings>csp>track configs , on the 3 dots you can force to install all (or set them to auto-download), or you can simply right click on the track in the list and select "Install now" or "Reinstall" (depending if present). The same will happen on other tracks like Monza if you miss their config for csp, because it needs a change in the horizon blending mode. Also, this should be covered in the Sol manual with pics.
Please just follow the installation guide. Everything is working if you do the steps...

Thanks, I will try and delete the file manually and install it again. I tried the reinstall option but that didn't work.

Hello, It's me again. I don't know if this problem has been solved before (I didn't find solutions) and I don't know if it comes from SOL or CSP, but I have problems with the sky, only in replays. I have the latest SOL and CSP versions, and I have downloaded Bombadil's AC+ 2020 mods (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ac-2020.30924/). Do you know how I can solve the problem ? Thank you.

Thanks for posting the video! Have exactly the same problem and have followed all the installation steps. Back in the day there was an issue like this before Sol and CSP and it was a driver related issue but even older/different drivers didn't solve it for me.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 487 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 299 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 324 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 151 21.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 193 27.4%
Back