Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Any idea how I can tone this down a little?
thesun.jpg

Any idea how I can tone this down a little?
This is due to ppfilter.
There is a configuration file in the following folder, so I think that it can be fixed by opening the ppfilter file you are using and lowering the value of the following items.

assettocorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters

[GODRAYS]

GLARE_RATIO=2 ←

If Sol didn't ask for installation of latest build of CSP, instead of proper running version, this missing rain issue will not be experienced IMO.

Why would it be necessaey to upgrade CSP from proper tested version to unstable version is required? I was happy with the 1.60v

If Sol didn't ask for installation of latest build of CSP, instead of proper running version, this missing rain issue will not be experienced IMO.

Why would it be necessaey to upgrade CSP from proper tested version to unstable version is required? I was happy with the 1.60v
It's a constant development. There are features where CSP and Sol grow together. Also the state "stable" is a very subjective one and is formed out of many positive feedback and then it must be set in the version. But reality is, that this state isn't updated very well...

@Peter Boese you're getting a lot of slack. I just want to say I like the way you're dealing with it. And I'd like to thank you for your continued support on this.
I can't imagine AC without Sol anymore. Thanks!
Thank you too. Imo the positive feedback is much greater. Most of the "simple" problems could be avoided by reading the install guide. In former versions of it, the first line was "Nobody reads manuals", which was ironic and true at the same time, but actually most of the people read it or watching videos of poeple describing it...

The next big part here are even no Sol problems, but CSP.
But due to CSP is not present on RD, for many reasons, i decided to let Sol be like a portal to CSP. The common way is to route the support to CSP Discord Server. Some problems could be solved here, sure with the help of many people here!

CSP and Sol reached a size, where i can`t take it that much personal. Its like a "hobby business" of many people working together. The only thing i'm pissed off, if someone don't invest a little time to read a simple description and using the rating system to troll a creator. I often thought to leave RD, because of this, but again, this is just a small minority.

So there is not a lot of slack. 75% is very positive feedback of happy users of CSP and its unsiverse (and Sol), 15% is constructive feedback for improvements which causes the most satisfying work, 5% is not so constructive feedback, but should be handled, because there is a decent amount of truth in it and the last 5% are poeple who just steal your time, because NOT reading the manual.

Overall a good sum...

Last edited:
If you put it like that it sounds a lot better :)

EDIT: Oh by the way, a seriously unnessecary detail is missing. Probably for good reasons. That is: planets :p
I think it's near impossible to implement them correctly because they don't seamingly orbit the Earth in an easy to approximate manner (unlike the Sun). But for a space nerd like me, not seeing them is a bit weird. If I can help in any way to accomplish this, I'd love to. No idea how, though. Even if it's LUT's for azimuth/heading per month, interpolated, etc.
Who knows. Wishfull thinking and as I said, seriously unnessecary :D

Last edited:

EDIT: Oh by the way, a seriously unnessecary detail is missing. Probably for good reasons. That is: planets :p
I think it's near impossible to implement them correctly because they don't seamingly orbit the Earth in an easy to approximate manner (unlike the Sun). But for a space nerd like me, not seeing them is a bit weird. If I can help in any way to accomplish this, I'd love to. No idea how, though. Even if it's LUT's for azimuth/heading per month, interpolated, etc.
Its already integrated in weatherFX, i just set it to 0, maybe i can look at it and for the next version....

Open /extension/weather/sol/sol__solar_system.lua and change that code:
1609585741862.png

with this:

ac.setSkyPlanetsBrightness(20)
ac.setSkyPlanetsOpacity(stars_v)
ac.setSkyPlanetsSizeBase(0.0025)
ac.setSkyPlanetsSizeVariance(0.5)
ac.setSkyPlanetsSizeMultiplier(1)

Last edited:

see above

Hi !
Just tried that famous sol v2
i've never played with the fog before
i was struggling with horizon with sea for a while now
here are couple screenshots, maybe it can help others :p
PCH will greatly improve over this !
The sea material itself could also affect a lot the result... i've spent a lot of time on it.
(I find the default OCEAN preset from CSP not quite realistic)

It used to be showing a rather strong dark area on the horizon on default depending on sun position :
sol_sea.jpg

now greatly improved with some quick settings i tried in the config ini file
now for the dome_size i'm not enterely sure if it's needed, and, i guess it is also linked with the clip/far plane setting in CSP ?
sol_sea2.jpg

only thing i find missing is the sun glowing on the sea at sunset/rise, i couldn't find a hint for that on the pdf

other than that
the gradient at sunset are really amazing
i remember on early Sol version, there was some perpetual colorful skies i used to love drive under
you just brought them back to life !!
So thanks a lot
and all the best for 2021 :inlove:

Last edited:
Its already integrated in weatherFX, i just set it to 0, maybe i can look at it and for the next version....

Open /extension/weather/sol/sol__solar_system.lua and change that code:
View attachment 432380
with this:

ac.setSkyPlanetsBrightness(20)
ac.setSkyPlanetsOpacity(stars_v)
ac.setSkyPlanetsSizeBase(0.0025)
ac.setSkyPlanetsSizeVariance(0.5)
ac.setSkyPlanetsSizeMultiplier(1)
Sweet, thanks! The opacity might need some tweaking but I'll figure that out :)

For some reason they are completely black, regardless of time of day.

Hi,

I get an issue where if I am in an open seater like Lotus or IndyCar, the cockpit view looking outside the car is very dark but when I change view to chase cam the view of the track and other cars is much brighter.

I don't get this problem with other cars with fully enclosed cockpits.

I noticed this on Road America.

I am running Sol 2.0 and latest CSP using Sol Extra in game.

I will try and post screenshots to show what I mean.

Is it a setting or effect somewhere?

Hi,

I get an issue where if I am in an open seater like Lotus or IndyCar, the cockpit view looking outside the car is very dark but when I change view to chase cam the view of the track and other cars is much brighter.

I don't get this problem with other cars with fully enclosed cockpits.

I noticed this on Road America.

I am running Sol 2.0 and latest CSP using Sol Extra in game.

I will try and post screenshots to show what I mean.

Is it a setting or effect somewhere?
This is the problem of the standard AC way to handle Autoexposure. It will be soved with next CSP and Sol version....

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 58 33.1%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 52 29.7%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 4 2.3%