Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thank you too. Imo the positive feedback is much greater. Most of the "simple" problems could be avoided by reading the install guide. In former versions of it, the first line was "Nobody reads manuals", which was ironic and true at the same time, but actually most of the people read it or watching videos of poeple describing it...

The next big part here are even no Sol problems, but CSP.
But due to CSP is not present on RD, for many reasons, i decided to let Sol be like a portal to CSP. The common way is to route the support to CSP Discord Server. Some problems could be solved here, sure with the help of many people here!

CSP and Sol reached a size, where i can`t take it that much personal. Its like a "hobby business" of many people working together. The only thing i'm pissed off, if someone don't invest a little time to read a simple description and using the rating system to troll a creator. I often thought to leave RD, because of this, but again, this is just a small minority.

So there is not a lot of slack. 75% is very positive feedback of happy users of CSP and its unsiverse (and Sol), 15% is constructive feedback for improvements which causes the most satisfying work, 5% is not so constructive feedback, but should be handled, because there is a decent amount of truth in it and the last 5% are poeple who just steal your time, because NOT reading the manual.

Overall a good sum...

What we used to call back in the day an RTFM problem - Read the F ing Manual

Can anyone help, my sol rain won't work. When I choose a rain preset, the auto rain doesn't move from 0, and when I try manual rain, after about a second it puts itself back at 0. What could be causing this? Thanks.

hello, sorry, where can I find the following texture package that says the installation manual?
because discord opens for me but I can't find the section with the package download. thanks

Texture Color Corrections PackI highly recommend to install a package available here: https://discord.gg/XEFpq7g
It will correct the colors of the vegetation texture of some Kunos tracks.Just drog’n’drop the archive to CM and install it.It will place the textures in the tracks content folder in /skins/default

hello, sorry, where can I find the following texture package that says the installation manual?
because discord opens for me but I can't find the section with the package download. thanks

Texture Color Corrections PackI highly recommend to install a package available here: https://discord.gg/XEFpq7g
It will correct the colors of the vegetation texture of some Kunos tracks.Just drog’n’drop the archive to CM and install it.It will place the textures in the tracks content folder in /skins/default

Denny370

Here you go

Regards

Mark DENNY

Can anyone help, my sol rain won't work. When I choose a rain preset, the auto rain doesn't move from 0, and when I try manual rain, after about a second it puts itself back at 0. What could be causing this? Thanks.

Have you read and understood the big warning text when you downloaded Sol?

Sol does not implement rain with the current (free) version of the custom shaders patch. You'll need to be a Patreon of Xfab4 if you want access to the CSP builds that allow for working rain.

Not a problem, nice to find another DENNY :thumbsup:

hahaha yes but mine is a nickname, my name is actually denis.. :)
anyway I was hoping to solve many errors in the material of the circuits that the AC log presents me, but instead I still have them, and they concern the tracks, but also some cars and even some drivers.
eg: Assign texture override for textureless kn5. RES: txDiffuse FILENAME: content / tracks / ks_zandvoort / skins / default / Cartelloni_pubblicita.dds
ERROR: Material :: getVar CANT FIND VAR bo for shader IndicatoriCurve001
ERROR: Material :: getVar CANT FIND VAR boh for shader IndicatoriCurve001
ERROR: Material :: getVar CANT FIND VAR bo for shader LowerPanelsWindowBoxFront
ERROR: Material :: getVar CANT FIND VAR boh for shader LowerPanelsWindowBoxFront

hahaha yes but mine is a nickname, my name is actually denis.. :)
anyway I was hoping to solve many errors in the material of the circuits that the AC log presents me, but instead I still have them, and they concern the tracks, but also some cars and even some drivers.
eg: Assign texture override for textureless kn5. RES: txDiffuse FILENAME: content / tracks / ks_zandvoort / skins / default / Cartelloni_pubblicita.dds
ERROR: Material :: getVar CANT FIND VAR bo for shader IndicatoriCurve001
ERROR: Material :: getVar CANT FIND VAR boh for shader IndicatoriCurve001
ERROR: Material :: getVar CANT FIND VAR bo for shader LowerPanelsWindowBoxFront
ERROR: Material :: getVar CANT FIND VAR boh for shader LowerPanelsWindowBoxFront
Please use CSP Dsicord Server for such problems:

I noticed yesterday playing around with the SOL Config App, you can adjust settings to Low, Default, High and Ultra I think.

I am using latest Sol and CSP with Sol Extra selected.

I had it set to Ultra and then selected Default everything. I noticed my FPS jumped up quite a bit by about 10 FPS I think.

What are the major changes going from Ultra to Default that might affect FPS the most?

It still looked pretty good to me.

Last edited:
I noticed yesterday playing around with the SOL Config App, you can adjust settings to Low, Default, High and Ultra I think.

I am using latest Sol and CSP with Sol Extra selected.

I had it set to Ultra and then selected Default everything. I noticed my FPS jumped up quite a bit by about 10 FPS I think.

What are the major changes going from Ultra to Default that might affect FPS the most?

It still looked pretty good to me.
It only controls the clouds quality. With "Ultra" the clouds are smaller, but their amount and render distance is much bigger, that will look more realistic. With "Default" i use a trick to make them bigger to fill the sky better, but there are less clouds, which produces more fps...

Peter,

Thanks for the info.

Can you give me an explanation for the two tick boxes on the app tab of Content Manager for Sol?

One is to do with updating an ini file and one is to do with weather setup settings restoration or something?

Sorry for the vagueness but I'm not in front of my PC.

Both settings confuse me.

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm new to Assetto Corsa, and new to RD; but not new to modding games. Sol is a great mod. However I have a small problem with it, when I go to watch a replay of a race I've just finished the sky/time is night time, even though I have it set to Daytime. I've had a google and couldn't find any solutions so I'm posting here, any way for this to be fixed?

As far as I'm aware I've installed Sol corectly, and everything is set up correctly too with that said there might be an oversight somewhere.

Custom Shader Patch is 0.1.69 & running Sol version 2.0.1

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I reinstalled the CSP and that seems to have done the trick!

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 31 8.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 9 2.5%