Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for your incredible work.My game looks so good now!

I just cant get the wet look on the track, I open weather debug and click rain debug but i don't get the three sliders like i see in many youtube videos, its just 0 0 0 and say weather not available, I can control Sol , clouds, rain ect, but not track wetness
Just take a look on the overview page.

Thanks for continuing your work on SOL. We(RicingSuns) run a 24/7 L.A. canyons server and it's been amazing. Unfortunately for 2.0 me and a friend have had some night time issues. Once night falls in our server a lot of people struggle or don't race. I know that base sol is going for realism at night, but most of my concerns are for intentionally bumping up the settings so we can comfortably see racing around the mountains. I notice there are night presets that don't seem to work, so I'm guessing it's still wip. Most of us are on Natural Mod filter fyi, but the things below don't seem to be affected by pp.

Headlights seem to be much dimmer now, I've turned up 'bounced night' on #21 to 500% and it's better, but this also affects the light on the bumper and the license plate lights and so on. I'm not sure if there's anything specific to headlight intensity on the road/map you could increase or have a slider for. I didn't see anything except width in LightingFX.

Night brightness in general seems to have gotten less powerful over each version I try. Because LAC doesn't have any actual track lights this has been a problem. I've maxed the settings, and it's still quite dark and a little washed out (2.0.2)
iFqDHQV.png

and here's the night time maxed out for 1.5.1
bNLogmm.png

this is really the effect I'm looking for. I really miss that blue horizon glow also.

And finally, I love cranking the stars up to 11. I love the excessive brightness and watching them rotate moving through the twisties. The new colors are really cool, but on 2.0 my stars disappear when I look at them. I can only see them in peripheral. If I look around, they appear scattered all over but they vanish quickly. It's somehow related to FOV, I use 74 when driving, not sure about the free camera.
Maybe just look at the included Sol_config.pdf:
1611411617770.png

Hi all, it seems i'm missing clouds in the game and i can't figure out why? the links are to images of settings that i am using in content manager and in the game (apps) but i still have no visible clouds, even during heavy rain. please help!

Content Manager settings:

In game app settings:

Hi all, it seems i'm missing clouds in the game and i can't figure out why? the links are to images of settings that i am using in content manager and in the game (apps) but i still have no visible clouds, even during heavy rain. please help!

Content Manager settings:

In game app settings:

Good Evening Tyke
I see from Image 4 you have the same problem I do with the Image in the mirrors being overexposed :mad: but I do have the clouds etc. Sorry I cant help otherwise.

Mark

Good evening @Mark DENNY, yes that mirror goes weird when it rains, so that happens to you too. i think i fixed my missing clouds. in the app "sol custom weather v0.4" on pages 3 and 4 none of the cloud types were selected so i selected them and now i have clouds :). a small paypal donation to peter for his efforts is about to be made by me.

edit: i seem to have broken something, the clouds won't disappear when i select force weather "NoClouds" (see image below)

Last edited:
Good evening @Mark DENNY, yes that mirror goes weird when it rains, so that happens to you too. i think i fixed my missing clouds. in the app "sol custom weather v0.4" on pages 3 and 4 none of the cloud types were selected so i selected them and now i have clouds :). a small paypal donation to peter for his efforts is about to be made by me.

edit: i seem to have broken something, the clouds won't disappear when i select force weather "NoClouds" (see image below)
Open the "sol custom weather" app. Deactivate the check box on the top. With this app you can build a custom weather. It blocks all other ones.

Hey Peter!

Fantastic job as always! 2.0 looks fantastic.

There's just one tiny thing that I can't seem to find a solution for: looks like the sunrays / godrays are gone from my game. Also, that smudged windscreen effect you know?

I look at the sun at 8am or so and it's as if I'm looking at the moon.

It's all a bit strange because in the previous version of SOL I had installed it was working - and I did a clean install - this includes the recommended CSP.

I've already double checked and ensured sunrays are activated in the AC settings in CM, so I'm not sure what it could be. And no matter pp filter I have selected, it's always the same thing.

Just in case it makes a difference - I have a ultrawide screen and a normal screen, but whenever I play AC I turn off (and de-activate from Windows) the normal screen. Do you reckon that could be a thing, even with the screen off but plugged in? I found an old post of yours saying Sol's godrays have some issues with triple screen set-ups... this is not the same but I figured there could be a cause common to both situations.

Thanks a lot!

Edit: Just an update - I tried to use one of the option PP filters you suggest, Peter, (i.e. LDR I think) and there's a bit more glow now. So that's good. Also the dirty windscreen are dirty and reflective again after having reset to default windscreenFX in CM

In the meantime I came across this old post of yours (https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/there-is-no-god-rays.167682/), confirming that this might be working as intended in what SOL is concerned. Now, as I don't use triple screen, I think I'd rather have the godrays as originally intended.

You wrote this back then "In Sol it's a designed as, because it causes problems in triple screen mode. Just select another filter and set the option "sol modifies godrays" to off with the sol_config app, If you use Sol..."

Now, I'm afraid I can't find this option in the sol_config app as of version 2.0. Is it still there by another name/description? If so, do you remember which one is it?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Weird problem, if I practice alone, then Sol works fine. But if I enter an online race, or do an offline trackday with multiple opponents, then AC crashes after the car becomes visible after loading. If I select SimplePPoff than everything works fine MOST of the time, sometimes a crash after a minute of driving. If WeatherFX is deactivated then everyting works 100% of the time.

What could be wrong?

Can someone help me with a SOL bug? The sky is always clear and blue, just a circle for the Sun and no clouds.
Open the "Sol custom weather" app. Custom weather must be deactivated to use the weather systen.
Just hit the "reset to defaults" button in this app...

In this app you can build a custom weather, which is then forced over the others.

Last edited:
Hi,

I have installed Sol and no matter what I do it doesn't appear as an option in Weather FX. Instead, it just gives the option for default controller for controller script, and default implementation for weather script? How might I fix this?

I followed the install guide, and I followed the youtube video linked in the guide.

Edit: As well, currently, the sun appears incredibly bright, but my brightness isn't at 300%, it's just 100%.

Last edited:
Hi,

I have installed Sol and no matter what I do it doesn't appear as an option in Weather FX. Instead, it just gives the option for default controller for controller script, and default implementation for weather script? How might I fix this?

I followed the install guide, and I followed the youtube video linked in the guide.

Edit: As well, currently, the sun appears incredibly bright, but my brightness isn't at 300%, it's just 100%.
So you are realy sure you did this step:
1612516780486.png

AC root folder is where the game is installed. Its a Steam folder like:
\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa
or if its directly in Steam
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa

AC root folder is not your documents folder!

Hi. I m using simple pp off (csp 1.69 + sol 2.0.2) to maintain 90 fps with a vr quest 2. And it's really good. I saw some settings in sol app to change the overall brightness. But is it a way to lower color saturation? thank you for your great work.

Hi. I m using simple pp off (csp 1.69 + sol 2.0.2) to maintain 90 fps with a vr quest 2. And it's really good. I saw some settings in sol app to change the overall brightness. But is it a way to lower color saturation? thank you for your great work.
1613420198141.png

Cris, there is a detailed config guide inside de Sol zip : \Sol__2_0_2\MODS\Sol Config.pdf
Searching for the word "saturation" ...
Maybe the above page is what you are looking for.
Hope it helps...

Last edited:
Hallo zusammen,
In der alten Installation konnte ich auch im Replay mit dem Wetter "spielen". Jetzt ändert sich nichts mehr mehr. In einer Sitzung geht es einwandfrei.
Auch die Wetter Voreinstellung wird zum Start wird nicht übernommen. Er nimmt immer die Einstellung aus der letzten Sitzung.

Last edited:
English only, nur Englisch bitte.

Check if there is weather forced in the app "Sol custom weather".

And changing the weather in a replay isnt possible anymore. You'll always get the same weather as the session had, even if you use multiple weather slots. :)

Changing the time and the date is still possible though, @Peter Boese ;)
------------------
Da ich heute aber nett bin, schau mal bitte ob in der App "Sol custom weather" ein Wetter erzwungen wird. Und Wetteränderungen in der Wiederholung sind nicht mehr möglich, da immer das Wetter benutzt wird, welches in der aufgenommenen Session eingestellt war. Selbst Wetterwechsel werden dann 1:1 in der Wiederholung abgebildet.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 31 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.7%