Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
I did a fresh install using 'soluninstall.bat' first and deleted the sol-apps including the config-file...using the 2.01-config ended in AC crashing...at least for me

Last edited:
Not sure if this is just my issue here, when I change the months, previously this would change where the sun would be in the sky. However since v2 (inc v2.0.2), it's not doing that (the time of day works but not the months).
Nothing vital of course but just an oddity.

Amazing work btw :thumbsup:

Not sure if this is just my issue here, when I change the months, previously this would change where the sun would be in the sky. However since v2 (inc v2.0.2), it's not doing that (the time of day works but not the months).
Nothing vital of course but just an oddity.

Amazing work btw :thumbsup:
I had that as well, turns out the setting "when date is not set, use original sun trajectory" or something was turned on. Probably due to a CSP update. Turn it off and the Sun has her proper trajectory again :)

Well, I don't have Sol installed so a question:
I'm currently running 60 FPS with CSP 1.6.0 but aproximately how many FPS does Sol take away and what would be kinda like minimum requirements?
I run with 4 GB of RAM so uh

Well, I don't have Sol installed so a question:
I'm currently running 60 FPS with CSP 1.6.0 but aproximately how many FPS does Sol take away and what would be kinda like minimum requirements?
I run with 4 GB of RAM so uh
Noone can tell, because each system can be totally different. Best is to try it out. If it's too heavy for you, just remove it again.

May i ask you, how you fixed it?
So I recently did a complete restart to my PC, and I downloaded drivers for my razer mouse, razer synapse and also razer cortex. I don't know why but razer cortex was only using 2 cores of my CPU while AC was on. I just uninstalled it and now it works perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Thanks for continuing your work on SOL. We(RicingSuns) run a 24/7 L.A. canyons server and it's been amazing. Unfortunately for 2.0 me and a friend have had some night time issues. Once night falls in our server a lot of people struggle or don't race. I know that base sol is going for realism at night, but most of my concerns are for intentionally bumping up the settings so we can comfortably see racing around the mountains. I notice there are night presets that don't seem to work, so I'm guessing it's still wip. Most of us are on Natural Mod filter fyi, but the things below don't seem to be affected by pp.

Headlights seem to be much dimmer now, I've turned up 'bounced night' on #21 to 500% and it's better, but this also affects the light on the bumper and the license plate lights and so on. I'm not sure if there's anything specific to headlight intensity on the road/map you could increase or have a slider for. I didn't see anything except width in LightingFX.

Night brightness in general seems to have gotten less powerful over each version I try. Because LAC doesn't have any actual track lights this has been a problem. I've maxed the settings, and it's still quite dark and a little washed out (2.0.2)
iFqDHQV.png

and here's the night time maxed out for 1.5.1
bNLogmm.png

this is really the effect I'm looking for. I really miss that blue horizon glow also.

And finally, I love cranking the stars up to 11. I love the excessive brightness and watching them rotate moving through the twisties. The new colors are really cool, but on 2.0 my stars disappear when I look at them. I can only see them in peripheral. If I look around, they appear scattered all over but they vanish quickly. It's somehow related to FOV, I use 74 when driving, not sure about the free camera.

Last edited:
Thanks for your incredible work.My game looks so good now!

I just cant get the wet look on the track, I open weather debug and click rain debug but i don't get the three sliders like i see in many youtube videos, its just 0 0 0 and say weather not available, I can control Sol , clouds, rain ect, but not track wetness

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%