Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi. I am having some problems with planner. The day cycle works fine if I set a plan it cycles through fine. If I select a Timed weather sequence and hit play, the weather does not change as it moves through the boxes. I see the yellow line moving, but no changes. The rain and weather works great if I manually click on the different boxes, it just does not want to change if I let it scroll through. It is as though the time is not changing on its own in this mode? Thanks!
Didn't you post this already in the SOL Discord Server?

I have Sol 2.1 and custom shaders patch v0.1.74 and I still can't rain is there a setup error somewhere? I also attach photos of how I have it :unsure:
20210526125159_1.jpg
Bez názvu.jpg

I have Sol 2.1 and custom shaders patch v0.1.74 and I still can't rain is there a setup error somewhere? I also attach photos of how I have it :unsure:View attachment 477296View attachment 477297
Rain is part of CSP. Sol is just triggering it. And as long as RainFX is in develepment, you need a CSP preview version (kind of a beta programm). For this you must be a patreon of Ilja Jusupov, the creator of CSP (https://www.patreon.com/x4fab).
For rain you need CSP 0.1.75 beta which is a paid version of CSP.

Last edited:
Is it possible to get the sky to change horizon color during sunset from blue to orange, red(ish) then dark? And sun color change from yellow to orange to red too? Sun looks yellow till its set and sky is blue and dark blue until night.

54pai3n1nljd76g8shlkpa41ek.jpg

275911_120910122257393.jpg

Hi Peter, the changelog of 2.1.1 looks impressive and very promising. In a couple of places you mention CSP 1.75p8 which stands for 1.75 preview 8, correct? Ilia's patreon still has 1.75 preview 1. Am I missing something or you already have the new preview from x4fab and it will get released later on?

Hi Peter, the changelog of 2.1.1 looks impressive and very promising. In a couple of places you mention CSP 1.75p8 which stands for 1.75 preview 8, correct? Ilia's patreon still has 1.75 preview 1. Am I missing something or you already have the new preview from x4fab and it will get released later on?
Sol 2.1.1
It includes some new features, which will work automatically if CSP 1.75 is released!

Sorry, but I can't find Sol Planner app.
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.05.30 - 15.10.44.jpg

However it is enabled in apps tabs
Desktop Screenshot 2021.05.30 - 15.20.49.jpg

SOL 2.1 was selected in Weather FX tab also
Desktop Screenshot 2021.05.30 - 15.38.43.jpg

I did uninstall previous SOL. drop zip onto CM, then try to install by manually too but still no Planner App there for me...

Sorry, but I can't find Sol Planner app.
View attachment 478239
However it is enabled in apps tabs
View attachment 478241
SOL 2.1 was selected in Weather FX tab also
View attachment 478242
I did uninstall previous SOL. drop zip onto CM, then try to install by manually too but still no Planner App there for me...
You see the other Sol apps?
Could you please open the CSP python debug app and select the log tab and make a screenshot of it please...

Thanks, Peter. Did not realized yet, nothing with "SOL ..." is working now. Before some crash i had "SOL Planner", may the others worked somehow too.

There's no information available in Python Apps log
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.05.30 - 18.39.00.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Peter. Did not realized yet, nothing with "SOL ..." is working now. Before some crash i had "SOL Planner", may the others worked somehow too.

There's no information available in Python Apps log
View attachment 478282
But i see Sol is running, so everything is ok. Now its the question, why you don't see the apps. Maybe better to come to Sol Discord Server, support is much faster there:

On saturday i will release the last update for Sol 2.1 (Sol 2.1.2). Its actually available on Sol Discord Server to test it. We found a little bug with bad weather and too bright surfaces. So far i hope this was the last bug to fix.

After this release i will start working on Sol 2.2. Mabe i'm able to improve the rain sounds a bit.

A big goal is to change the 2d clouds mode. Or add another 2d clouds mode. Ilja prepares CSP to integrate full sky dome pictures. So maybe we can choose a full sky dome photo soon in Sol. This will have its own disadvantages for sure, if we speak about resolution, mostly in the low FOV cameras, but for driving the resolution of a 15000x3000 pixel sky dome picture should be enough. The real advantage with it, is the low impact on the GPU. It will be kind a static panorma, which will rotate with the sun, to have the "lighting" in the panorama at the right spot.
So maybe with Sol 2.2 we have a very efficient "real sky" look, like the older iracing versions, but with a day/night cycle and realistic sun, moon and stars...

Last edited:
First of all a BIG THANKS for your amazing work. I'm wondering if I've encountered a small bug. After installing SOL 2.1.1 I was puzzled by weather not loading. After changing the time of day or weather condition the weather would load instantly. I think this is because my Time Multiplier on Content manager was set to 0x. I can live with it (just set it 1x) but just wanted to let you know if this is something new.

Last edited:
First of all a BIG THANKS for your amazing work. I'm wondering if I've encountered a small bug. After installing SOL 2.1.1 I was puzzled by weather not loading. After changing the time of day or weather condition the weather would load instantly. I think this is because my Time Multiplier on Content manager was set to 0x. I can live with it (just set it 1x) but just wanted to let you know if this is something new.
Thanks, will check this...

so i downloaded sol but it needed csp i guess but the problem with csp is that it makes my loading screen get stuck at initialising ai splines please help

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 485 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 298 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 321 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 149 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 191 27.2%
Back