Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
1622912919516.png
Is this supposed to be red?

after installing update 2.1 , first time i went on the nordschleife i was amazed how real it looked . i not an expert but in beginning i had lower fps . these days my settings are dialed in cpu/gpu wise. 120fps locked when racing alone drops to 75 depending on traffic on a 1800x with 1080TI. every time i think wow this must be the limit but it keeps getting better . it looks a bit like iracing now imo.

Such things can not be caused by Sol. Sol is a CSP weatherFX implementation and so it has its limits in terms of accesses. You always update CSP too. CSP is the big shader bundle which brings all the new features to AC. Sol is just a script which uses some parts of CSP to make better weather. Maybe you have a look on the CSP Discord Server https://discord.gg/QwXVEFM and CSP "nice screenshot" function.

Last edited:
not working, it says that i need admin rights, but i am admin on my pc
Something must be fixed on your OS! if you cannot overwrite files, but you are the admin, something is wrong...

Never install it via CM, not all files will be installed then. It must be done manually like the install guide says...

Last edited:
Hi Peter, I installed Sol 2.1.2 yesterday (running CSP 0.1.75). Rain is working, I can see it in the air and on the windscreen, but not on my visor (in open cars) and not on the car. Tamarc gets wet, but the puddles are gone. I have searched everywhere to enable these effects, but didn‘t find anything. Do you have a solution for me?

Hi Peter, I installed Sol 2.1.2 yesterday (running CSP 0.1.75). Rain is working, I can see it in the air and on the windscreen, but not on my visor (in open cars) and not on the car. Tamarc gets wet, but the puddles are gone. I have searched everywhere to enable these effects, but didn‘t find anything. Do you have a solution for me?
In current versions the increasing "water" effect on car materials is bound the water level of rainFX. So it will take a serious time to evolve. If you do heavy rain, the car should get wet after some time, but maybe the used car is not configured right. You used a "kunos" car?

The visor must be defined as "rain receiver". IDK what you are using there. Anyway its a rainFX thing and cannot be solve with Sol. Sol just controls the rain intensity, wetness and puddle amount. Thats all, nothing more. All other things are done in the CSP rainFX modul...

Tx, yes, also Kunos cars stay dry in the rain. In the rainFX module, I can only change intensity and drop size. How can I define the visor as "rain receiver"? Some videos suggest there is this blurred vision effect even w/o a visor, i.e. when the camera is outside the car, but I don't get these effects.

Just tried another Kunos car, this did get wet, so obviously some do and some don't. However, what I am really lacking is the blurred vision effect of the rain in open cars.

Everybody who has problems with SOl Planner, which is not showing the weather selected in CM:

Please do not use a time progression of "0" for now. I change the code and will post an update soon, Then Sol Planner reacts much better. This will solve most things with the time line and not moving indicator...

Yo, I don't know whats wrong, but my game crash when I choose Sol 2.1 in weather script under weather fx settings.
But strange is that this happens only with a very few cars.

Also tried different csp versions ofc.

What I also noticed is the wiper control of the sol planner app is very buggy.
Everytime I teleport to the pits my wipers stop working and I have to go from "-1" in wiper control to "-2" and back again to "-1".

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • At a friends house