Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

My cars so far:
Volvo 745 B230F '90 - Daily Beater
Volvo 745 B234F '89 - When I have enough of my Daily Beater Beater
Volvo 745 B230FT '88 - Project Car in Waiting List

My father had several Volvos 144, 164, 245 and now has a 745 B230E '87 which we will scavange soon as it is already to rusty to save (but we have it already for over 20 years now) and he is currently restoring a 745 B234F and a 945 B230F to scavange waiting on the lawn.

I think I have enough ideas, but trying to finish what I have started first.
But I am curious... what project ideas do you have?

Everyone is welcome with suggestions. They may not be possible to make, but it is interesting to hear :thumbsup:
Sorry for my late response - honestly, I forgot to do so :roflmao:

Well, I'm full of ideas! But maybe to get you interested I should mostly to a more or less Swedish theme :p :
  • Real - Day-V-Tec Volvo S60 V8 (as raced in Supercar Challenge, but if I'm not mistake was also in STCC), photos on flickr
  • Real - STCC 2016 - upgrade your 2015 mod and realize the last season of these spectacular cars! I would really love to see the Seat and Ford :cool:
  • Real - WTCC 2017 Volvo S60 Polestar TC1 - the last "real" Volvo in the WTCC era
  • Real - the "Iron Knight" racetruck, yeah, crazy, I know!
  • Fictional - turn your Volvo S60 TTA from the STCC 2015 mod into a DTM car of the same year either by upgrading the model or build a complete new one
  • Fictional - create a Volvo S60 DTM 2020 car - Volvo often thought of joining the DTM but never did, you could make it happen in the virtual world! and the current S60 really looks like it was made to become a DTM racecar :D
  • Fictional - do a "real" Volvo TCR car, maybe on S60 base

Really great suggestions! :D
  • Real - Day-V-Tec Volvo S60 V8 (as raced in Supercar Challenge, but if I'm not mistake was also in STCC), photos on flickr
The bigger brother of the TTA version. TTA used a not so wide version (and possibly a different engine?) of the solution F chassis, so the cars looked more like the road versions.
A cool car, but not so likely to be the next project.

• Real - STCC 2016 - upgrade your 2015 mod and realize the last season of these spectacular cars! I would really love to see the Seat and Ford :cool:
This is a good suggestion. It is not that much work to make two new body shells.
But a lot of painting as usual.

• Real - WTCC 2017 Volvo S60 Polestar TC1 - the last "real" Volvo in the WTCC era
I had a plan to make this car a few years ago, and got some reference materials. But since the car is available in Raceroom I abandoned that plan. I still think this is one of the most beautiful touring cars ever

I don't think I am qualified for that kind of projects :O_o::D
  • Fictional - turn your Volvo S60 TTA from the STCC 2015 mod into a DTM car of the same year either by upgrading the model or build a complete new one
  • Fictional - create a Volvo S60 DTM 2020 car - Volvo often thought of joining the DTM but never did, you could make it happen in the virtual world! and the current S60 really looks like it was made to become a DTM racecar :D
All these are very exciting challenges I must admit.
But it would require some more other cars to race against, so that is a 'problem'.

Really great suggestions! :D
The bigger brother of the TTA version. TTA used a not so wide version (and possibly a different engine?) of the solution F chassis, so the cars looked more like the road versions.
A cool car, but not so likely to be the next project.

This is a good suggestion. It is not that much work to make two new body shells.
But a lot of painting as usual.

I had a plan to make this car a few years ago, and got some reference materials. But since the car is available in Raceroom I abandoned that plan. I still think this is one of the most beautiful touring cars ever

I don't think I am qualified for that kind of projects :O_o::D
All these are very exciting challenges I must admit.
But it would require some more other cars to race against, so that is a 'problem'.
Well, these were just some ideas, more like little sparks. But you know, sometimes just little sparks can start a fire :D

I don't think so, but maybe later when the Ford and Seat cars are done. The Nissan car was a strange modified Kia, and the livery looks like something temporary to me. I prefere the Saab that Linus used in the first round.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 50 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%