Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

You are doing gigantic job so I think it would be good if more moders come to help prepare one Race07 Anniversary Mod! :)

I’ll add a little bit help or maybe distraction with

Race07-forced_SRPLshaders7.jpg

In pictures I additionally used few emap.dds an cube maps from GTR2 anniversary mod for additional reflections and already installed Bjarne Hansen and AndreasFSC shader mods.

Changes are in DIFFUSE.GFX, BUMPMAP.GFX, CUBEMAP.GFX and SPECULAR.GFX
Diffuse.gfx shaders are mostly for mod testing. (backup old shaders first!)
On some tracks they produce wrong effects only on horizon but on other tracks whole terrain areas are wrong. Mirrors react strangely and also GTR2 cars are now too shiny.

@AndreasFSC please take a look are those of any real usage.

Race07-forced_SRPLshaders1.jpg

Race07-forced_SRPLshaders6.jpg

Edit: v0.3 b with more compatible and developer version

Last edited:
Interesting info, do you have any shader experience?

A few days ago I asked myself why not just try to convert and use the SRPL shaders (I have never tried them, but I have heard they are good), but the main idea is that the ones I work on should be kind of fail-safe and should "never" produce the too strange results.
I try to take control of as many things as possible and set limits to the settings range, and also use the track lights as much as possible. I will not look spectacular, but hopefully consistent.

Do you use some post process addon? Looks like there is some bloom used in the last picture. Building reflections look nice :thumbsup:

Interesting info, do you have any shader experience?

A few days ago I asked myself why not just try to convert and use the SRPL shaders (I have never tried them, but I have heard they are good), but the main idea is that the ones I work on should be kind of fail-safe and should "never" produce the too strange results.
I try to take control of as many things as possible and set limits to the settings range, and also use the track lights as much as possible. I will not look spectacular, but hopefully consistent.

Do you use some post process addon? Looks like there is some bloom used in the last picture. Building reflections look nice :thumbsup:

I saw that @Bjarne Hansen in his Fresnel Shaders mod used HEX edit "hacks" to enable some new shaders and thought it would be exciting to add more of those. Messed around with shader files and after editing diffuse.gfx seeing strange results in game was the actual EUREKA moment, that I'm doing something useful and not just placebo. :)

This is still more of a experiment. I will later add playsafe part and devtesting shaders so someone more familiar with modding Race07 tracks and Car will recognise parts where we can replace globally some old shaders with better versions (srpl or any other, even original ones if it's produce good looking), and without errors.

This is just clean native shaders without any postprocessing.
And it's incredible how everything feels right in those old classics, not just simulation part but as a whole games.

Strange how some tracks are almost without errors (srpl shaders 0.2b)
Race07-forced_SRPLshaders9.jpg

And others ara totaly cyberpunk (srpl shaders 0.2b)
Race07-forced_SRPLshaders8.jpg

Yup. So many things to fix.
Even GP and International Donington produce different results on what it seems are same trees.

Race07-shaders-Doningnton-GP.jpg

Doningnton GP wrong trees rendering

Race07-shaders-Doningnton-international.jpg

Doningnton International trees are good?

Sorry for what it seems was just distratcion. I'll move this shader things to new thread.
Super Touring cars and tracks are beautiful anyway :)

Yup. So many things to fix.
Even GP and International Donington produce different results on what it seems are same trees.

View attachment 504843
Doningnton GP wrong trees rendering

View attachment 504844
Doningnton International trees are good?

Sorry for what it seems was just distratcion. I'll move this shader things to new thread.
Super Touring cars and tracks are beautiful anyway :)

No problem, nice to get some interaction, feedback and inspiration here! So feel free to add your findings and screenshots

No problem, nice to get some interaction, feedback and inspiration here! So feel free to add your findings and screenshots

Thanks
It would be too much to post tracks with black skies here so I opened new thread with more technical analysis for specific graphic bugs etc. featuring Oulton Park.
If you know what shaders are used on those black trees it could help.

Still waiting from yours :)

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 494 68.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 303 42.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 327 45.5%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 157 21.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 195 27.1%
Back