Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

Status Update

WIP projects, descending priority:

* New shaders
- soon to be released. Only a few issues left.
If it works well and will be used, I consider making some more specialized material shaders for things like grass, glass, road, water etc.

* Updates to some TinyTweaks, and STCC2 tinytweak.
- Will most likely be transformed to miditweaks with things like talent files, updated normals and other minor things.
Nothing spectacular, just fixing things. Could also be some higher resolution textures. Focus is as usual at standard game contents.

* Super touring and BTC-T
- Just fix some details and update for new shaders. No big plans for the moment.

* Thruxton, Super Touring Track pack
- Just fix some details/errors and update for new shaders. No big plans for the moment.

* Pit crew patch
- Trying to figure out why it doesn't work with some cars. I think it is related to how the game tries to find the wheel meshes for shadow. It seems these meshes needs to be named correctly (starting with same name as car files?) and be available in the same folder as the inccar file. This helped for Honda WTCC 07, but not for other cars, so investigation continues :O_o:

* Misc mods
- Looking in the game code now and then. Still want to make safety car available.

Long time/paused projects:

* Test track from Toca2.
- Might continue later, using new shaders and maybe other things I have learnt from Simbin tracks.

* STCC 2003
- Have to balance the performance of the cars and improve the visuals slightly for a more even look.
Haven't decided what to do about car ID's, but will probably reuse ID's, maybe from BTC-T mod.

* Fiesta cup 1998 (Toca 2).
- Exterior is about 90% done. No interior or physics yet, might have to install Toca2 to check for car specs and setup.

* GT3 Huracan
- some exterior details left, then it is time for interior(s) and physics.

* Super Touring Europe
- add some of Markano's skins as addon series for Super Touring Seasons mod

I think the new shaders are finished in their first form.
Not sure how to release them, as minor things needs to be edited to work as good as possible.

Everything should work without changes, but Simbin tracks will be a little bit yellow, but not too much. Some mod tracks, including some that I have worked on, might get some minor things wrong.
Often when using the standard shaders you have to compensate for the differences in materials by settings and textures, so now when shaders are more consistent these compensations will be visible. I have only seen a few, most tracks work well as they are.
In some cases minor imperfections that have been there all the time will be more visible. There seems to be a tiny gap between polygons in some skyboxes, resulting in some darker pixels in the sky near the horizon at some tracks.

Maybe we can get upgraded skies from someone else later? ;)

081.jpg

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 485 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 298 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 321 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 149 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 191 27.2%
Back