Spa 1966 - Accurate boards skin

Tracks Spa 1966 - Accurate boards skin 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Flow13800 submitted a new resource:

Spa 1966 - Accurate boards skin - Experience the real billboards from the 1966 GP

This skin is based on Racingjoe013 version of Spa 1966.
It was created to faithfully capture the atmosphere of the track in 1966.

Sadly the mapping does not allw to show all the diversity of boards that were around the track, but it's allright.

Note that the dds files used are based on the ones from the Racingjoe013, and I found out too late that the resolution is a bit low.
A 2.0 version of the skin will come later, with boards upscaled to 2K resolution.

You can now enjoy a pint of...

Read more about this resource...

I downloaded rj_spa_34_66 track and dropped it into my tracks folder but when trying to load it says track could not be found... any help would be appreciated...

I downloaded rj_spa_34_66 track and dropped it into my tracks folder but when trying to load it says track could not be found... any help would be appreciated...
I'm guessing you are using the base game and not CSP. The track really requires CSP to look\work correctly.

That being said, the reason it is not working for people using the base game is a bit of an oversite on my part. I didn't know this was a requirement for the base game when I modded the original track, but the main kn5 file needs to match the track's folder name. CSP doesn't care about this so I never ran into the problem because I only play the game with CSP enabled.

You can fix it one of two ways:

1.) Change the track folder name to spa_34_66. This is probably the easiest way but it might mess up some things in the track's config file. Try this one first and see what happens.

2.) Change the spa_34_66.kn5 file name to rj_spa_34_66.kn5. This is the safest way, but will require you to also edit the models.ini files. There would be 4 of them and you need to change the very top entry from this:

[MODEL_0]
FILE=spa_34_66.kn5

To this:

[MODEL_0]
FILE=rj_spa_34_66.kn5

EDIT: Download the track again from the original link. I updated the track so that it works for people still using the base game. No promises on how it will look though seeing as it was designed to be played with CSP.

This is something I should have done a long time ago so thanks for the nudge to finally get it done.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you are using the base game and not CSP. The track really requires CSP to look\work correctly.

That being said, the reason it is not working for people using the base game is a bit of an oversite on my part. I didn't know this was a requirement for the base game when I modded the original track, but the main kn5 file needs to match the track's folder name. CSP doesn't care about this so I never ran into the problem because I only play the game with CSP enabled.

You can fix it one of two ways:

1.) Change the track folder name to spa_34_66. This is probably the easiest way but it might mess up some things in the track's config file. Try this one first and see what happens.

2.) Change the spa_34_66.kn5 file name to rj_spa_34_66.kn5. This is the safest way, but will require you to also edit the models.ini files. There would be 4 of them and you need to change the very top entry from this:

[MODEL_0]
FILE=spa_34_66.kn5

To this:

[MODEL_0]
FILE=rj_spa_34_66.kn5

EDIT: Download the track again from the original link. I updated the track so that it works for people still using the base game. No promises on how it will look though seeing as it was designed to be played with CSP.

This is something I should have done a long time ago so thanks for the nudge to finally get it done.
Thank you very much... I chose to edit the kn5 and ini files as described (only 2 ini files were found) it is up and running. Now my challenge is to get the historical 1966 boards to show in game. I will also download your adjusted file as well .... thank you very much ...

Thank you very much... I chose to edit the kn5 and ini files as described (only 2 ini files were found) it is up and running. Now my challenge is to get the historical 1966 boards to show in game. I will also download your adjusted file as well .... thank you very much ...
Since you use the base game, you need to copy the files from his track skin directly in to the skins\default folder since you have no way to activate it through content manger.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 44 43.1%
  • Porsche

Votes: 36 35.3%
  • BMW

Votes: 37 36.3%
  • McLaren

Votes: 24 23.5%
  • Toyota

Votes: 39 38.2%
  • Intel

Votes: 13 12.7%