rF2 Special : 397 Multiclass @ Le Mans - Fri 28 June 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Why are you so concerned about RF2 users? ...why are you suggesting anything? ..you was not part of the event and from what I see you do not even race RF2, so please stop scaremongering users with your maybe's.

I was hosting the the event and know the EXACT problems that myself and some users experienced. I will hopefully be speaking to someone from 397 on Monday and hopefully get a quick answer.

There seems to be a problem with a user skin that added hundreds of files to some user's computers and could have been the cause for crashes. Hence my suggestion of stopping skin sharing until issue is resolved.
As you said yourself, it's just speculation that it was causing issues. And that file shouldn't have been edited by hand in the first place. You can if you really know what you're doing and have tested it.

Of course an .RCD file with erroneous info shouldn't cause such an issue. That's obvious. But I don't think it's reasonable for devs to have anticipated for this scenario to be a very likely issue. If this is reported to them then maybe they will look at it. Especially if it can be proven to have caused issues ie. replicated reliably.

But it's not a bad idea to stop using the "virtual ride" style skin sharing. Especially as there is another way that is zero risk(?) and gives almost exactly the same end result - custom livery for others to see.

As you said yourself, it's just speculation that it was causing issues. And that file shouldn't have been edited by hand in the first place. You can if you really know what you're doing and have tested it.

Of course an .RCD file with erroneous info shouldn't cause such an issue. That's obvious. But I don't think it's reasonable for devs to have anticipated for this scenario to be a very likely issue. If this is reported to them then maybe they will look at it. Especially if it can be proven to have caused issues ie. replicated reliably.

But it's not a bad idea to stop using the "virtual ride" style skin sharing. Especially as there is another way that is zero risk(?) and gives almost exactly the same end result - custom livery for others to see.
Yes. My concern was only with sharing between users on RD. Not what the devs should've anticipated or not. I am following rfactor 2 related races with some attention as I recently got the game and want to race in it. I honestly just made what seemed to me a sensible suggestion but I do not know rFactor 2 that well so appologies if it was not that sensible at all.

Cheerful and see you on the track!

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 322 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 201 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 219 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 93 20.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 124 26.7%
Back