rF2 SPECIAL EVENT: 90 Minutes of Paul Ricard - Fri 31Aug18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Daiman Patel Did some testing and if I could take the offer and switch to LMP2, I think it would be a better choice. I feel more comfortable in that car, despite it being faster, and I think there's less potential for me to mess up something in traffic driving a faster car as well.

But I'm perfectly happy to stay in GTE if it would be too much of a problem. Cheers.

What are the rules/guidelines regarding to faster class lapping the slower?
Personally i don't want to see anybody moving off their line/lifting before a faster car has started to overtake, even then it shouldn't be necessary.
The rules and guidance are the same as always - the faster car (LMP2) is responsible for initiating and safely completing an overtake, and the slower car (GTE) should remain on the racing line and behave predictably when being lapped by a car from the quicker class. GTE cars can, if they wish or if necessary, lift off the throttle to aid a pass by an LMP2 car (and to avoid a potential accident) only once an overtaking move has been initiated. LMP2 cars should only initiate overtaking moves at the exit of a corner and along a straight; overtaking on entry to or midway around a corner should be avoided (to prevent incidents from occurring) but is not forbidden.

Full House :D. @Daiman Patel , @Stephen Gibb - Can you let us know the in-game start time and time progression setting, pls? I want to test it out to see how my PC handles it in VR. Thx.
The in-game start time for the race shall be 3:00pm, and the time acceleration will be x5, so it will be ~10:30pm in-game at the end of the race. Hopefully you do not experience any (significant) issues, especially during the twilight hours which has (previously had) a tendency to be troublesome.

Are you running in VR Calyvn one thing I've noticed don't know if is purley VR related but if I lose conection to the server then rejoin without first shutting down and restarting the RF2 launcher I get serious framerate issues.
Also do you have FFB reset button mapped in Control/Device settings.

@Calvyn White One thing that solved most of my original issues I had with rF2 a few months back (intermittent stutters, lags and slowdowns) was to start it with high priority. Just put +highprio into the launch options fields for both single player and multiplayer (and don't forget to click save for both):

i-BVZhfzG.png

This worked wonders for me - I basically couldn't even race in rF2 without it, it was always stuttering and lagging. Not sure why rF2 is pretty much the only game I ever had to run with high priority, but that's rF2 for you I guess.

If it doesn't do anything for you, then obviously just remove it again (and again don't forget to save the empty field, which is kinda counterintuitive).

Also, in regards to slowdowns and FFB dropping out, you might try another possible tweak - in your controller.json file (in your rF2 folder under "\User Data\player\), there should be a "Use thread" line, set to either true or false (might vary on different setups). You might want to try to invert the setting - so set to "false" if it was "true" or to "true" if it was "false". This option sets whether or not the FFB calculations run in their own thread or not - some setups can have FFB and performance related issues if they do use their own thread, some if they don't, so it's worth testing. If it doesn't work for you, then just change it back to how it was, of course.
Thank you very much for your suggestions guys. I should probably end up using them all. I don't use my VR very often due to the quality. But I do love the effect that it gives you in immersion.
But I'll be certain to give everything a try in the hope that it improves the situation that im having. Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

@Daiman Patel Did some testing and if I could take the offer and switch to LMP2, I think it would be a better choice. I feel more comfortable in that car, despite it being faster, and I think there's less potential for me to mess up something in traffic driving a faster car as well.

But I'm perfectly happy to stay in GTE if it would be too much of a problem. Cheers.
Absolutely not a problem mate! :thumbsup: I have moved you to the LMP2 class, as requested! :) And I have moved myself as well - I think this will be the perfect opportunity for me to try out these Prototype beasts! :p

@Calvyn White ..I use VR myself ..Will be very happy to catch up with you one evening and we could go over my settings ..it may help :thumbsup:
Thank you Craig that would be fantastic. But unfortunately at the moment I'm stuck in Wales. It won't be back until Thursday afternoon at the earliest. But will be certainly be back by the evening. I know this is slightly off topic but to bring it back on topic so I must say I must get rfactor 2 working as it should jn VR or not. So in conclusion I should be around Thursday evening from 7 in the evening onwards if you are available to lend a hand im getting this sim to looking at its best in VR. Please feel free to pm me on any other arrangements. Thank you.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Calvyn White said:
So in conclusion I should be around Thursday evening from 7 in the evening onwards if you are available to lend a hand im getting this sim to looking at its best in VR. Please feel free to pm me on any other arrangements. Thank you.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sure Thursday is good for me, with all the help you offer on setups, how could I not try to help ..speak soon :thumbsup:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 289 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 234 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 155 18.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 8.0%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 22 2.6%