ACC SRO Warm Up Event @ Silverstone - Friday 8th May 2020 ** YouTube Live Stream **

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
This will be my last rd race probably. im honestly just fed up of being constantly hit and my race being ruined by people with 0 patience. honestly this had to be the worst race i have ever driven in and probably worse than most public lobbies. so yea. im just done with this bullshit.

i apologize to catalin who i accidently tapped round. i was at the point frustrated and i made the smallest amount of contact with your rear. (might have even been netcode because i didnt get a safety rating warning of any sorts.

Well, the end of that one was eventful!
Although im a bit concered by a few drivers, I shan't mention any names but:
One driver decided overtaking off-track using a massive shortcut is legitamate
One car being lapped decided to slam on the brakes on the exit of a corner whilst I was behind them.
Another lapped car drove round as if he was the only one on track, I can only assume mirrors were turned off and FOV was about 10 degrees, each time I went to pass them they almost took me out, missed by milimeters almost every time.

But on the plus side, had some great battles too. Shame about the server glitch at the end, was hoping to use my fresher tyres to my advantage in the last 10mins!

This will be my last rd race probably. im honestly just fed up of being constantly hit and my race being ruined by people with 0 patience. honestly this had to be the worst race i have ever driven in and probably worse than most public lobbies. so yea. im just done with this bullshit.

i apologize to catalin who i accidently tapped round. i was at the point frustrated and i made the smallest amount of contact with your rear. (might have even been netcode because i didnt get a safety rating warning of any sorts.

Sorry to hear that mate.

Shame about the mass disconnection there, was an interesting race. After the two guys in front fell off the track on lap one, i basically chased
Aenore around for the whole race. At the start, Aenore barged me off the track at turn 1, then made a Max Verstappen-esque late change of direction in the braking zone a few corners later, so that was quite disappointing, as me and the guys behind had to take evasive action. Dropped back by 3s or so due to having zero luck in traffic, then lost a lot of time in the pits as i hadn't practised this properly. Later, an Audi backmarker punted me in the rear for some reason, and after that i accidentally changed my engine map to 8, so lost about 4s mucking around with that.

Now, some of the traffic did a great job tonight, but a lot didn't. As per Rob's post previously there were too many lapped cars slamming on the brakes in braking zones to let me by, instead of slowing down gently on a straight. (this is the method that loses the least amount of time) Or they would slow down on the exit of a corner when i'm already at the limit of grip. Just bonkers stuff. Hopefully that's just due to the large grid size.

Thanks to RD for running such a big event, hopefully the next one will be a bit smoother! Also, thanks to Paul & Ricardo for stewarding, this makes a massive difference.

Last edited:
What a race! It had everything. Drama caused by back markers....drama from losing grip on my rear tyres 5 laps from the end of my stint (serious oversteer on most corners)...and a bit of drama where I got my first ever drive thru for causing an avoidable accident. Apologies to whomever that was cos on my screen, I didn't have a single issue on the first lap, so no idea who I need to say sorry to.

16th I think at the end, and regardless of the drama, great fun.

Thanks to the RD stewards..awesome job tonight.

I knew I was going to be in the bottom part. I did what I could. After a pretty nice start, made a small mistake and bumped very slightly (he carried on as nothing happened) into the guy in front and the same time, someone hit me in the back :cry::cry: I've lost 7 places before having time to rejoin.

If that would have been all, it would be great ... but I kept loosing the rear, like I had no wing or something, or that the wing was degrading further and further (is that even possible?). Entered the pits to repair the damage, and while navigating through the settings, wanting to disable the tyre change, I did disable the pit limiter by pressing the ENTER button on the wheel instead ... Then, I had a 30s stop and go. Then I've entered the pits and made the same mistake, don't know how, I was using the keyboard, and disabled the pit limiter again by accident ...:cry::cry: So I;ve had to do another 30s stop and go penalty :(

But still, maybe because we had live stewards and things were so alive everywhere, I actually enjoyed the race. Maybe I should give it the game more chances, even if my 1060gtx barely keeps it running at 35-40fps with so large crowds. (any tips for that?)

P.S. i hope I didn't hold up any of the fast guys while I was under the blue flag. I am sorry if I did.

Pretty happy with this race. Only started practising with the Macca yesterday. Not sure my pace was good enough (setup definitely needs a lot more work) but it was good enough to win anyway.
Will prolly post some pictures tomorrow :)

At the start, Aenore barged me off the track at turn 1
Sorry about that, it did happen on replay although it apparently simply did not register on my side. Not a hint of damage, no notification about contact and SA loss and I did not sense anything in the wheel when it happened.

Hey guys,

Great race, thoroughly enjoyed commentating on it - my bloody voice is shot now!! lol.

For anyone who is interested, please find below the link to watch back the action:

If you could tell your friends, give us a like and a sub, we would appreciate it :D

Also, please note for those that aren't racing tomorrow, we will be live on the RaceDepartment Twitch channel, with a guest (high profile) commentator - so stay tuned for that ;) (I'm properly jealous he's not commentating on a race I'm in...).

RaceDepartment Twitch

Well done to everyone today on track - great show.

Thank you to @Paul Glover @Daniel Monteiro @Ricoow for race control duties - awesome job guys and thank you to @Davy Vandevenne for the excellent broadcast direction. Thank you to @Bram Hengeveld for performing broadcast chat duties.

Great stuff!

Maybe I should give it the game more chances, even if my 1060gtx barely keeps it running at 35-40fps with so large crowds. (any tips for that?)
YES!
reduce opponent detail and visible cars. Practice offline to find the sweet spot with 50 cars in SP and dial back the detail and visible cars until you get better frames.
I'd check your other settings too, make sure you're not running anything not required too high like Shadows, track detail and foliage too high.

P.S. i hope I didn't hold up any of the fast guys while I was under the blue flag. I am sorry if I did.
All you need to do here, which sadly wasnt happening earlier, is to keep to the racing line during corners and lift off on the straights to allow the faster guys past. :thumbsup:

All you need to do here, which sadly wasnt happening earlier, is to keep to the racing line during corners and lift off on the straights to allow the faster guys past. :thumbsup:
I was trying to do that, because i had my fate share of blue today's in AC as well but sometimes I do take the turn wider to let the faster guy on the issue. Maybe I shouldn't do it anymore.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 53 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%