Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1704119017442.png

1704120082435.png

A Happy New Year to you all!

Last year we ran the hugely entertaining Formula Agile in a championship running alongside the real F1 series.

For 2024 we are looking to run the championship again but with cars that are more manageable for the majority.

WE NEED YOUR HELP!
This is where we need your input; the cars we are considering using are the RSS V6 3 or the RSR F317.

Formula RSS 3 V6 for AC

Download for FREE Version 2 This car is made free as an appreciation to our community. You must not reupload the files for public distribution anywhere else. This is the Formula RSS 3 V6 for the PC version of Assetto Corsa by Race Sim Studio, a car base.

RSR Formula 3

NOTES: Make sure you download the skinpack as well. Two options available: 4k skinpack 2k skinpack. The links can be found in the download page of the car.

RSS 3 V6 versus RSR F317
The RSS 3 V6 is quicker with it’s DRS capability while the RSR F317 is easier to drive straight out of the box.

A practice server (Server 5) will be set up for you to try out the two contenders and to give feedback on what car you would prefer. Again, just like the real F1 teams we will be off to get some winter sun at the Circuit de Barcelona- Catalunya.

So jump into these two excellent cars, do some back to back testing and let us know your choice on this forum.

I won´t cast a vote as I hate them both :speechless:

Decide what works for you, maybe I´ll join in, maybe I won´t.
At least on my part both cars will need hours and days of work to understand the setup and it´s options.

To be clear:
I like the idea of the series and will probably give it a try again.
Just not to thrilled with the complicated setup of the cars, but that´s my problem and I don´t have a better idea for a car as I won´t press the Skippy on Ernie.

I think Han will feel right at home in the RSS, at least with stock setup it understeers like a PIG Abarth.

I won´t cast a vote as I hate them both :speechless:

Decide what works for you, maybe I´ll join in, maybe I won´t.
At least on my part both cars will need hours and days of work to understand the setup and it´s options.

To be clear:
I like the idea of the series and will probably give it a try again.
Just not to thrilled with the complicated setup of the cars, but that´s my problem and I don´t have a better idea for a car as I won´t press the Skippy on Ernie.

I think Han will feel right at home in the RSS, at least with stock setup it understeers like a PIG Abarth.
I agree with the setup complexity. It would be nice if one of the aliens would make and share a base setup. @Twoddle perhaps?

Both cars I can live with, small favor for the dallara at the moment. Just gave me more the feeling of speed, except for the sound :cool: Tried both on default setup, maybe some tweaking will push me to the other car.

I´d like to revise my statement and champion strongly for the Dallara.
Yes, it needs a sound swap but I find it easier to drive than the F3V6.
In that thing curbs are murder and i´m able to (deep)fry the left tyres before coming to seat corner. So it need´s a complete" physics swap by Arch"

To say it in the words of K.Adenauer:
"What do I care about my babblings from yesterday!" :p

Dallara Dallara Dallara !!! :rolleyes:

Both cars I can live with, small favor for the dallara at the moment. Just gave me more the feeling of speed, except for the sound :cool: Tried both on default setup, maybe some tweaking will push me to the other car.
You can change the sound for the Dallara SF14 S1, I did that for the Agile to give more of a racey feel. ( I know the Agile was a boxer but just personal preference). I guess the RSS sound might work but not sure of rev range between cars at the moment.

DRS can be disabled in the server if folks think it's too much of a faff..:thumbsup:

I haven’t tested the DRS in a race but my guess is that is an manual option only in DRS zones and not dependent on being behind another car. If so, that kind of neutralises the benefit.
Early tyre testing on the Dallara is showing that the mediums ( the only option) have low grip after 12 laps an end of life around 16 laps. (About 25 minutes).They still felt ok at the end of a 25 minute stint but this is what the testing is for. ( we could always apply a little Abarth magic to get them to stretch a bit longer);)

I haven’t tested the DRS in a race but my guess is that is an manual option only in DRS zones and not dependent on being behind another car. If so, that kind of neutralises the benefit.
Early tyre testing on the Dallara is showing that the mediums ( the only option) have low grip after 12 laps an end of life around 16 laps. (About 25 minutes).They still felt ok at the end of a 25 minute stint but this is what the testing is for. ( we could always apply a little Abarth magic to get them to stretch a bit longer);)
The DRS on the RSS only works in the DRS zones (at the test server) which is very nice. But I don't think it will only work in the race if you're within one second behind the car in front of you.

The three tyres types on the RSS makes a pitstop strategy F1 style possible.

I have had plenty of experience with both. I have raced the RSS only a day ago with the LFM group and it is a more complex car all round. The Dallara i have maybe 25 setups for as i raced it in simracing GP for months on end. It is a very good car. Not easier to drive but could be used out of the box if it was in a no setup mode also. That might level the field maybe. Either one is great for me but i do believe the RSS has an edge in terms of immersion and satisfaction when you get it right. I do recall recommending the Dallara before we ended up with that Agile monster :whistling:

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 22 7.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 6 2.0%