AC STARTING SOON: F3 Championship 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Does anybody with experience care to share a setup for the RSS?

I´ve tried it twice now and both times it took four (incomplete) laps to make me park my Hummer on top of it and light both on fire :sick:

I imagine that must be what "driving with a controller " feels like.

I just can´t get any feeling into steering or pedals. (could of course be my cheap equipment, but it works rather well with Mazda/ Ginetta and Co.)

Try this one. Around 1 sec slower than Jason but then i would be anyway. Just pulled from a Portmaeo setup with a few tweeks and appears to work.
https://acstuff.ru/s/xA2wUa
I am all for this car but you could invest way to much time developing a setup as it is a complex car. Probably wings and front toe adjustment is all that really needs doing to get it 95% there from the base car. Also, soft tyres do not make you much quicker and only last around 10 mins. Meds are good and grip predictably. Just my 2 pence worth

A couple of things to announce here chaps,

After the early testing and the feedback, it is clear that the majority prefer the RSS car and so to answer Ernie’s question, it will be the RSS 3 V6 that will be the car chosen for the 2024 F3 Championship.

How can I be sure?

Well, for better or for worse I have volunteered to host this year’s F3 championship. Markus did a great job last year in setting this up and I hope that I can continue the tradition here at the AC racing club of well run, friendly and fair racing.

Races will be on the Thursday before the real F1 weekends and there will be more details about the championship soon, plus a test race before the serious business starts, but in the meantime get yourself onto server 5 for some testing at Barcelona.
Welcome to the ranks of volunteers Paul. Between us we have most days of the week covered :) Unfortunately I can't race Thursday but hope the series goes well.

Reminder to all the potential F3 drivers that tonight there is a race using the RSS 1970 F1 March on the fantastic Rouen Les Essarts

I'd say the car is no more difficult to drive than the RSS F3 - just loads quicker :)

Welcome to the ranks of volunteers Paul. Between us we have most days of the week covered :) Unfortunately I can't race Thursday but hope the series goes well.

Reminder to all the potential F3 drivers that tonight there is a race using the RSS 1970 F1 March on the fantastic Rouen Les Essarts

I'd say the car is no more difficult to drive than the RSS F3 - just loads quicker :)
Thanks for the words of encouragement Colin.
With you running the classic cars on Tuesdays, Han with the MX5/Abarth/ Swift on Wednesday, Me on Thursday with F3, Dominic with all sorts on American tracks on Fridays and Brian with GT’s on Sundays we have a wide choice of events and cars to test our skills.

Han, Dominic and myself will also run other events on Thursdays when there is no F1 race and we have some great ideas for car/track combos.

I haven’t had much time to practice but will be there tonight in the RSS March trying to keep it between the hedges!:thumbsup:

A couple of things to announce here chaps,

After the early testing and the feedback, it is clear that the majority prefer the RSS car and so to answer Ernie’s question, it will be the RSS 3 V6 that will be the car chosen for the 2024 F3 Championship.

How can I be sure?

Well, for better or for worse I have volunteered to host this year’s F3 championship. Markus did a great job last year in setting this up and I hope that I can continue the tradition here at the AC racing club of well run, friendly and fair racing.

Races will be on the Thursday before the real F1 weekends and there will be more details about the championship soon, plus a test race before the serious business starts, but in the meantime get yourself onto server 5 for some testing at Barcelona.

Best of luck Paul and thanks for helping out :thumbsup:

I think everyone made the right choice of car. The rss is great. The feeling of the underside of the car working is amazing. It's a true formula 1/2/3 experience. That RSR dallara is a very dull drive. It is flat through eau rouge while drinking tea and crawls down the kemmel. Massively underpowered would be the nicest way I could describe it :)

Try this one. Around 1 sec slower than Jason but then i would be anyway. Just pulled from a Portmaeo setup with a few tweeks and appears to work.
https://acstuff.ru/s/xA2wUa
I am all for this car but you could invest way to much time developing a setup as it is a complex car. Probably wings and front toe adjustment is all that really needs doing to get it 95% there from the base car. Also, soft tyres do not make you much quicker and only last around 10 mins. Meds are good and grip predictably. Just my 2 pence worth
Thanks for the set up Steve, I’m sure we will get to grips with the car as time goes by, and we can all remember what a handful the Agile was to start with ( and all season).

It is interesting to read Carsten and Dave’s comments. I also find the RSS ‘numb’ on the front end and loose at the back with the stock set up compared to the RSR. When I turn in with the RSS it feels like it’s not going to respond but it does, just feels a bit dead but it will be interesting to see what set up changes will bring.
Dave makes some very valid points and mirrors my findings too, the F217 was easier to push harder and more rookie friendly, points also made by very fast drivers Axel, Jason and Fulvio.
I was happy to use either car, was even happy with the Agile :confused: so that’s why we put it out to you the drivers.
We will get a stable base set up to post in the race details and as always with this community, we help each other out when needed to make the races a success.

Best of luck Paul and thanks for helping out :thumbsup:

I think everyone made the right choice of car. The rss is great. The feeling of the underside of the car working is amazing. It's a true formula 1/2/3 experience. That RSR dallara is a very dull drive. It is flat through eau rouge while drinking tea and crawls down the kemmel. Massively underpowered would be the nicest way I could describe it :)
Thanks Brian , I have hard acts to follow but will do my best.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the set up Steve, I’m sure we will get to grips with the car as time goes by, and we can all remember what a handful the Agile was to start with ( and all season).

It is interesting to read Carsten and Dave’s comments. I also find the RSS ‘numb’ on the front end and loose at the back with the stock set up compared to the RSR. When I turn in with the RSS it feels like it’s not going to respond but it does, just feels a bit dead but it will be interesting to see what set up changes will bring.
Dave makes some very valid points and mirrors my findings too, the F217 was easier to push harder and more rookie friendly, points also made by very fast drivers Axel, Jason and Fulvio.
I was happy to use either car, was even happy with the Agile :confused: so that’s why we put it out to you the drivers.
We will get a stable base set up to post in the race details and as always with this community, we help each other out when needed to make the races a success.
Hi Paul, had a quick search on here and found https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/2023-macau-f3-skinpack-rss-formula-3-v6.65051/. Might be usefull as not many skins from RSS

Many thanks Jason, I tried your earlier set up and it was a vast improvement over the stock set up and made the car feel a lot better.:thumbsup:

Guys, I asked Jason to provide a 'safe' set up to use as a base for those unsure of where to go with this car. As with all set up's they are personal to each driver but at least we now have a starting point and you should be able to circulate without throwing it at the scenery every lap.

Nice one Jason.:)

For some odd reason i seem reasonably ( I said reasonably :O_o: ) ( scrub that just seen track grip at 96% ) competitive in this squashed frog, why is beyond me.:inlove:
( hate the bloody thing, it is an Agile in all but name ):mad:
But and this is a big but, the only thing I notice which has been mentioned before is the tyre temps.
I used Jason's setup and mine, for!! probably getting on for half of the lap the rears are on full red alert.????
I did put the road temp to 18deg, not sure if it would work ?? but have you tried to lower the road temp to see if this cures the problem.
if i get time i will give it a go tomorrow.:)

Last edited:
Same conditions but 100% grip off line.
:(
PS could have been the reason my mediums spent half the lap in the red zone.

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 27 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 21 7.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 5 1.7%