Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Here's Gabriele Tarquini's AGS Ford...

tarquinipreview.jpg

The AGS is possibly the weakest so far, I really struggled to find some of the sponsors, or pictures that are clear enough to determine them in the first place, I will continue the search and see if I can improve it.
In any case, it will serve ok for my '91 season, and in reality, the 1991 cars did have much simpler designs and less decals than current F1, so that makes life easier :)

Otherwise just the Brabham remaining, and the talent files are coming along ok as well.

Mark Blundells Tyrrell BT60Y
blundellpreview.jpg

Just about done. Just need to make sure the talent files are about right, I am not being too pedantic about it, but it obviously needs to have Mansell and Senna at the front, with Prost/Patrese/Berger/Alesi right there, and then the rest.

OK,
skins are uploaded, I hope others will get some enjoyment from them :)
The talent files do have room for improvement, they are always a bit random, but generally you will see the McLaren, Williams & Ferraris at the top, so it feels about right. (If anyone wants to improve them feel free).
I must say I prefer to use hdv & engine files for each car/team so that the cars performance and reliabilty can be edited to match the season stats more closely, I have not done that with this set and it only includes talent files, but that works ok as far as it goes.
I am happy with them for my offline season, but obviously if you see any glaring errors or problems running these, then give me a shout & I will try and help.
Cheers

F1 1991 Skins for Game Stock Car 2012 F_Classics

This is a set of 1991 skins for the F_ Classics, for Game Stock Car 2012.

I have created these for my own offline '91 season, but have uploaded them in case anyone wants them.

They are not exact replicas, but are hopefully a reasonable representation of the '91 cars and drivers.

The set represents 26 of the cars & helmets from that season, as that is the maximum allowed by the reiza championship, and luckily is also the number of race qualifiers in 1991. Talent files are included to help make the driver performances reasonably close to the '91 season.

NOTE 1 - these files are recommended for offline use, and are likely to cause a mismatch and kick you from online servers. (they have only been tested for offline use).
NOTE 2 - NOT tested with earlier versions of Game Stock Car - I believe the cars may work ok but the helmets will not show up correctly, as the templates have changed.

If you are an experienced sim racer, then you will know what to do with the files.
If you need further guidance installing, please see the readme file included in the download, and check the further information below.

alesipreview.jpg
grouillardpreview.jpg
mansellpreview.jpg

*** IMPORTANT ***
These skins will directly REPLACE ALL car skins, driver helmets, and veh files in ALL your default Formula Classic Skins folders, so please be sure to back up all the relevant folders (listed below)
GameData/Vehicles/F_Classic/Classic01
Classic02
Classic03
Classic04
Leclerc
MacPherson
Torino
It will also add driver talent files to :
GameData/Talent/F_Classic

This skin set includes car skins, driver helmets and VEH files for 26 drivers from the 1991 F1 season.
To save space, it does NOT include the driver.dds files, so you will need to use the default ones.
To install:
1) backup each of the above folders and keep them somewhere safe to return the game to default in the future

2) copy the new folders into GameData/Vehicles/F_Classic folder, overwriting files when asked.
3) copy contents of talent folder into GameData/Talent/F_Classic (this will not overwrite your originals, it will just add more drivers into the talent folder, but it's still a good idea to backup the original before doing this).
I recommend a mod manager such as Jonesoft Genric Mod Enabler - it will do all this for you and the files here are already in the correct structure.

Included:
Classic01 folder:
01 mclaren
02 mclaren
03 tyrrell
04 tyrrell
05 williams
06 williams
09 footwork
10 footwork
15 leyton house
16 leyton house
32 jordan
33 jordan
23 minardi
24 minardi

Classic02:
07 brabham
08 brabham

Classic03:

11 lotus
12 lotus

Classic04:

19 benetton
20 benetton

Leclerc:

21 Dallara
22 Dallara

MacPherson:
27 ferrari
28 ferrari

Torino:

14 fondmetal
17 ags

Thanks for the comments, I will look forward to seeing the video. :)

Well here it is. It's longer than i planned but it was such a great race for me it just kept going!
The only changes i made Keith was a very small change to a few of the drivers "speed" and "agression" parameters but apart from those very minor adjustments it's as you set it.
Thanks again m8, i am loving these cars again and have started my own little 6 race championship. I would like to hear how yours goes! PM me the details if you get time :)

BTW, for this race i set the AI to 98% so as i could get my slower Brabham up amongst the leaders (they seem to be much faster on non GSC tracks) and the tyre wear to 3x (i think this works on non GSC tracks...not sure)?

...and the Qualy laps here

This really is the most under-rated race sim I reckon - I enjoyed the video and there are some fantastic moments in it, Murray Walker would have been getting excited :) - Mansell's quick reaction to avoid Prost's mistake; Berger taking out Prosts wheel, that looked brilliant!
Just wondering about Bergers helmet as it is not showing properly in the video, maybe I have made a mistake with that helmet file, I will check and update it if necessary.

Yes I think both the tyre wear and fuel multiplier works ok on all tracks, as far as I can tell.

When Indycar was at its height and visiting "Surfers Paradise", i was lucky to be a track marshall then communications marshall for that race for many years. Loved it and still miss it in some ways...brooming off debris, radioing in "driver errors/cutting et cetera..the smell, sound, speed, girls.
I remember Nigel's first SP race fondly.
Look forward to these Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 66 37.7%
  • Porsche

Votes: 66 37.7%
  • BMW

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • McLaren

Votes: 42 24.0%
  • Toyota

Votes: 70 40.0%
  • Intel

Votes: 21 12.0%