Super Touring 98 Mod

Great news Simon!

Shame about the Mondeo sounds though. Good to see the Mondy looks much better in this new version. The whole mod is a massive step up Andreas, stunning work!

(Cheeky question, do you plan to do NGTC cars too? ;) )

How about sounds from Toca 2 Touring cars? They are recorded from real BTCC cars, They are in not so good quality but every car got it's own upshifts, downshifts, gearbox whistle etc. I managed to open them and I think they will fit good in Simbin game. Mondeo sounds really good in Toca 2.
Great work Andreas!!

The BMW sounds ok with the gearbox whine released by Jandri which was recorded from a real BMW ST car. The Volvo sounds in STCC are pretty good too or even better are the ones released the the free Volvo The Game.
It would be interesting to see if the Toca 2 sounds worked as they were very good at the time - has it really been 16 years since that game came out? I feel old :)
Although I can't release the Mondeo sounds from that video there is nothing to stop people from using them privately, they are from the BMW CSL in the PNG mod for GTR2.

Great news Simon!

Shame about the Mondeo sounds though. Good to see the Mondy looks much better in this new version. The whole mod is a massive step up Andreas, stunning work!

(Cheeky question, do you plan to do NGTC cars too? ;) )
Thanks! If you compare the mondeo with the old gtr2 version, there is a big difference. The gtr2 version was made from a very old version of the mod :) Some NGTC cars would be really great, but I don't think I've got the time for it :-(

Thanks! If you compare the mondeo with the old gtr2 version, there is a big difference. The gtr2 version was made from a very old version of the mod :) Some NGTC cars would be really great, but I don't think I've got the time for it :-(

That's fair enough mate, I understand!

Glad to hear the Mondeo is improved, I think it's fair to say that was the weaker link in the original mod ;)

Look forward to Simon's GTR2 update.

Yeah, i would like so much to convert to rfactor but now i'm working to make the cockpit dashes, so, i have no time for a conversion.

(A message to Andreas: an answer to the inbox conversation would be appreciated.....)

Andreas, do you aim to make the late-model of the Mondeo? Has different front aero:

BTCC 1998
Mansell_BTCC1998.jpg

BTCC 1999-2000
btcc_2000_menu.jpg

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 44 8.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.4%