Super Touring 98 Mod

GTR2 2014-05-30 06-55-41-98.jpg
1999 season for Reloaded WIP

Until now the quite advanced championship simulator file and the game structure have not allowed me to use talent files the standard way but to write the names of the opponents in the savefile only. This would make the names visable in the result screens only, but with no nationality and no driver names at the windows. I have found a way to work around the problem (I think). It will require some work, and a lot of new textures, but it will make the addon better. But when I make the textures, what name should I write on the window of the car of the player? Any ideas?

When you start a Championship in Race07 you chose a driver and get his name on the windows of your car. In this mod the simulator file gives you your own driver file and skin textures. So I can write a name on the windows of the car of the player. But obviously all of us don't have the same name, so the question is what to write on the player car?
A nickname perhaps?

if you have to choose a name that is valid for all people, should be used (as in games), "player1" or something impersonal but is representing all of us : "BTCC driver" - "new comer" etc ...

Is anyone working on STW 1997 for reloaded?

I created a very rough version of the Peugeot tonight. Just wanted to see if any one else is working on it before i continue.

Yes, I've already done the STW '97 season! Please don't worry, I just need to readjust the skins to match the new Reloaded templates.
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/wip-1997-adac-super-tourenwagen-cup-mod.25641/

Sorry I've been away for so long Andreas, what you've done to improve the mod is simply epic mate. If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know. I've been incredibly busy with my work over the last year, but I am slowly working on STW '97 Reloaded, as well as refining my Australian and Japanese skins. More to come soon!

Last edited:
Yes, I've already done the STW '97 season! Please don't worry, I just need to readjust the skins to match the new Reloaded templates.
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/wip-1997-adac-super-tourenwagen-cup-mod.25641/

Sorry I've been away for so long Andreas, what you've done to improve the mod is simply epic mate. If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know. I've been incredibly busy with my work over the last year, but I am slowly working on STW '97 Reloaded, as well as refining my Australian and Japanese skins. More to come soon!

Which season of the ASTC are you working on?

wow japanese skins?? some preview??

Which season of the ASTC are you working on?
Most of the ASTC skins I have done are from the '97 season, but I have also done a few more from other seasons too, e.g. Brocky's Volvo from '96, and a few '99 cars like Patrick Watts' 406, Auger's black/yellow liveried Alfa, the Knight Racing MK2 Mondeos and S40s.

wow japanese skins?? some preview??
I will definitely show you guys some photos of my JTCC skins, i'm just very busy with work.

I've never previously released my skins apart from STW 1997 because at the time Andreas was on the verge of starting to upgrade the mod to Reloaded, and that meant fitting the skins to the new templates, etc. It will take me some time, but I promise there will be photos soon! :)

Most of the ASTC skins I have done are from the '97 season, but I have also done a few more from other seasons too, e.g. Brocky's Volvo from '96, and a few '99 cars like Patrick Watts' 406, Auger's black/yellow liveried Alfa, the Knight Racing MK2 Mondeos and S40s.

I will definitely show you guys some photos of my JTCC skins, i'm just very busy with work.

I've never previously released my skins apart from STW 1997 because at the time Andreas was on the verge of starting to upgrade the mod to Reloaded, and that meant fitting the skins to the new templates, etc. It will take me some time, but I promise there will be photos soon! :)

Hah that's what I'm thinking with my Bathurst cars. They'll be redundant on ST 3.6 really :(
I'll have to do them all again lol. Still, good learning exercise for me.

I look forward to your content!

Hah that's what I'm thinking with my Bathurst cars. They'll be redundant on ST 3.6 really :(
I'll have to do them all again lol. Still, good learning exercise for me.

I look forward to your content!
I know how you feel! It's a good way to keep the brain active! Your Bathurst skins are top notch mate, if you need any help with anything just message me. :)

great news, although for the JTCC, it would be necessary to create specific models (maybe in a distant future :rolleyes::rolleyes:)
Yes, i agree we need more models, but we can't all rest the weight on Andreas' shoulders. He's a superstar and he's doing his very best. I think if we Super Touring fans could somehow work together as a team and learn from each other we could help him out to create more models.

All my JTCC skins are for the cars which are available right now, so sadly no Corona EXIV so far. I have made those Accord skins, based on the newer shape '99 BTCC Honda. But I have managed to create the Nissan Sunny (not in your picture), as it had an almost identical body shape to the Primera, so we have one more new model :)

Last edited:
I know how you feel! It's a good way to keep the brain active! Your Bathurst skins are top notch mate, if you need any help with anything just message me. :)

Very kind mate, thanks :)

I'm going to finish these skins for ST3.6 anyway, and then download the software I need to open the ST98 Reloaded Templates and start over lol :)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 53 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%