Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_26-8-118-19-6-10.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_26-8-118-19-7-16.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_26-8-118-19-8-0.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_26-8-118-19-8-41.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_26-8-118-19-9-34.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_26-8-118-19-10-1.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_26-8-118-19-10-53.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_26-8-118-19-11-49.jpg

Marvellous work. Sveg looks pretty flat, but is there any part of the track where cars bottom out? If so, a tarmac patch or some textural scrapes might be worth adding. For more atmosphere, I'd like to see ivy/plant trailers climbing the wire fences in the forested sections. And a bit of rust on the bridges, and a disused road sign from before the circuit was built, and a few birds sitting on fence posts, and free ice-cream and beer for all and...

I love all the ancillary touches you've put into this track. I love the power lines and the worn patches of earth from the tires of maintenance trucks, or whatever. I love the little sheds/buildings you've placed in some areas of the track. I can't remember if this was a Lilski track or someone else, but they had a couple of 10-12 inch spray painted lines on the tarmac at a couple of different sections of the track. They were sprayed perpendicular to the white track boundary lines. What are they? Who knows? Markers for the track maintenance crew? Maybe a line for electricians if they ever have to dig in the future. Maybe 1 or 2 small orange spray painted X's at seemingly random spots of the track, sprayed on 2 different sections of the concrete barrier. Little things like that knock me out...

Sveg appears to me to be a newish track with recently laid surface so I don't expect to see so many blemishes or a ton of blacktop patches like Lilski used on Riverside. Oh, it looks so great on his old, dusty track. You've done such an amazing job. It's one thing to build a beautiful track from scratch, but it also helps if the track itself is a good layout and fun to drive or race on. You've nailed both with Sveg. :thumbsup:

I love all the ancillary touches you've put into this track. I love the power lines and the worn patches of earth from the tires of maintenance trucks, or whatever. I love the little sheds/buildings you've placed in some areas of the track. I can't remember if this was a Lilski track or someone else, but they had a couple of 10-12 inch spray painted lines on the tarmac at a couple of different sections of the track. They were sprayed perpendicular to the white track boundary lines. What are they? Who knows? Markers for the track maintenance crew? Maybe a line for electricians if they ever have to dig in the future. Maybe 1 or 2 small orange spray painted X's at seemingly random spots of the track, sprayed on 2 different sections of the concrete barrier. Little things like that knock me out...

Sveg appears to me to be a newish track with recently laid surface so I don't expect to see so many blemishes or a ton of blacktop patches like Lilski used on Riverside. Oh, it looks so great on his old, dusty track. You've done such an amazing job. It's one thing to build a beautiful track from scratch, but it also helps if the track itself is a good layout and fun to drive or race on. You've nailed both with Sveg. :thumbsup:
Thank you so much for the kind words :) I'm not doing anything without knowing what it's for though. So the sprayed Xs, I would need to know what they're for really.

OK @LeonS stop teasing. I think your beta testers need to check these new additions for accuracy and optimization......like right now........:whistling::whistling::whistling:
Love your work mate. Your doing a fantastic job

Looking great. Love the way the stuff you make looks, just has some sort of quality about it... the track has come a long way!
Though, What happened to all the tall grass from the earlier shots? I thought that looked awesome. Would mix in nicely with your new shrubberies. :D

Have been looking at the area on Google Earth and Street View. :D :p Seen a few things you could add as trackside objects, but understand if they aren't actually by the roadside where you've built, you don't necessarily want to put them in right?

Beta as in 0.9 public release here on RD, or some secret private deal that will cause rioting in the streets and the destruction of society as we know it?

the latter. private beta first to check for "bugs" while I'm doing some optimizations, then public release after a week or so.

Though, What happened to all the tall grass from the earlier shots? I thought that looked awesome. Would mix in nicely with your new shrubberies. :D

That's the next thing that'll happen. I haven't removed any grass, just large areas were grass-free so far and now got some bush first. I'll check how well it blends in with the bushes.

Have been looking at the area on Google Earth and Street View. :D :p Seen a few things you could add as trackside objects, but understand if they aren't actually by the roadside where you've built, you don't necessarily want to put them in right?

Right, I usually don't wanna put in stuff that isn't actually in the same spot in reality. But feel free to post a few GE/SV screenshots and I'll think about it. Although I have to say, I feel like the track by now has a decent amount of details around the track :)

The best thing about looking at your screenshots is, I'm reminded of the things I really like on Sveg. The tall fencing, for instance, looks great...and I love how you narrowed the track at the very beginning of the main bridge. Yes, I have clipped that armco at full throttle when trying to overtake a driver. Scares the crap out of me! :laugh:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Watch party

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 2.6%