Team ORSM

So, where are we up to now let me see.......oh yeah 4 1/2 years!!!! The release was "imminent" 3 years ago. High res pics released of the game 2 years ago with "only a matter of weeks now guys" as the teaser. For you guys who have posted your frustrations on here of late, just understand guys these empty promises have been going on now for 4 very long years. Yet myself and many others cannot understand why they keep saying these things and stringing people along when they know that it's for private use only. Not a cool thing to do at all.

Anyway, i'll check back in around 2013 to have a good chuckle at same old comments.

So, where are we up to now let me see.......oh yeah 4 1/2 years!!!! The release was "imminent" 3 years ago. High res pics released of the game 2 years ago with "only a matter of weeks now guys" as the teaser. For you guys who have posted your frustrations on here of late, just understand guys these empty promises have been going on now for 4 very long years. Yet myself and many others cannot understand why they keep saying these things and stringing people along when they know that it's for private use only. Not a cool thing to do at all.

Anyway, i'll check back in around 2013 to have a good chuckle at same old comments.

Makes perfect sense to me to invest over 5 years into this project and this team so that the work we've done never see's the light of day. It's post like yours that make me really want to make your post come true.

Gav

Anyway there will be different sounds? The Kelly cars to have their own open wheeler like sound against the Walkinshaw and 888 sounds? Or is that too much to ask?

Sounds is something that has been difficult to develop due to the number of sound guys around the place, and the ability to get good samples.

I can advise there will be some updated sounds that we are developing at the moment, through one of our local Aussie community members, and these are being tested and improved at the moment. Already I think they are a leap forward from the original mod, but at this stage we will still be only developing a Holden and Ford sound pack.

Makes perfect sense to me to invest over 5 years into this project and this team so that the work we've done never see's the light of day. It's post like yours that make me really want to make your post come true.

Gav

I have to agree with Gav's sentiments, but would take it a little further.

I have come from a Customer Service background, and although I don't consider what we have been able to do to be an example of exceptional service, I do have to reiterate a few things here:

1. At no time have we ever asked for or demanded a payment for downloading and using any of our work that has been released to the community.
2. At no time have we asked for a deposit for a Beta product with the understanding that we will finish the product at some time.
3. At no time have we made a promise of any date of release and not stuck to it.

In essence.. At no time have we not been honest and up front with all the community about our work.

We have attempted to set ourselves specific guidelines and timeframes for the work we wish to release to the community, but when you consider the quality of the Models and the skins we are planning on releasing, there will be no disappointment.

We all have jobs, we all have families and this is a hobby for us. Things and real life do get in the way of spending time on hobbies sometime.

I personally live in Brisbane, and I am on here to take my mind off what I am seeing and hearing about that is happening around me.

Excuse my attitude, but if it is a game that is the world to you, might I suggest you walk into your local Harvey Norman, and buy one. Better still, how about you take that money and jam it where it should really be placed..... In a donation tin for the QLD floods.

If you don't like my answer.... Then leave this forum, and annoy some other group...

Well now is the time to put up or shut up and in the same breathe prove me wrong and make a fool out of me and every other person who has questioned why you have posted screenshots for 4 years whilst making the same excuses for it never to be released. I dont doubt the quality of your work, i dont doubt the time it takes working around jobs and families and i have no doubt it gets a regular workout among yourselves. IT'S YOUR MOD!!! You designed it, built it and it is all yours. You have no obligation to release it if that is your wish, you can enjoy the fruits of your labour.......deservedly!!!

Just stop posting in game screen captures telling everyone how great it is, because after 4 years, people are getting very frustrated and very sceptical. Every time someone asks for a release date the forum goes quiet. Seriously, 4 years and you still cant give a date, just excuses? Just keep it to yourselves until its ready, then release it! Then no one will repeatedly ask the same questions saving yourselves frustration as well.

Just to address one last thing still_bacon, i live 3 km from the centre of Brisbane and as i write this from a friends house, my house is completely gone so f##k you for trying to play the guilt card. I know where i would like to jam my money but i will need every cent i have. That's a low act! And if you dont like my answer sir, then you know what to do.

Dino, I understand where you are coming from, and I am terribly sorry to hear of your situation (being in Perth I am far away from all the devastation and can only imagine what it is like over there), but these guys are a mod group... they owe nothing to anyone, and for all I care, they can take as long as they want to. It's completely free, so I don't mind waiting...

Just to address one last thing still_bacon, i live 3 km from the centre of Brisbane and as i write this from a friends house, my house is completely gone so f##k you for trying to play the guilt card. I know where i would like to jam my money but i will need every cent i have. That's a low act! And if you dont like my answer sir, then you know what to do.

Dino, this was in no way a guilt card, and I do appreciate your situation like the countless thousands of people around our fair city.

I am one of the lucky ones, but I have friends and know of others who are in the same situation as you, but this forum is not the place to air this, and I apologise if it offended you. You are obviously doing the same thing as I am to keep your mind off things.

But, in my post I mentioned what to do with the money, and that is exactly what I have done. I urge others to do the same and DONATE!!!!!.

This fact doesn't excuse the attitude that you have displayed in your post though.

The team as a whole is sick of the crap comments and attitudes shown towards something that is being produced for free. We are hobbiests and motor racing enthusiasts. We keep you all posted to show you that we are still working on this in our limited spare time, not to rub your noses in it..

We could be quite easily just jumping onto the iRacing bandwagon, or even just falling away from the community but we choose to not do that.

I love driving these beasts, but I can tell you I have not run a car online against others (other than as a private physics test) since we
started the process.

For now, we are working our arses off to get this released, because the Public is what are target is, not ourselves...... In all honesty, why would we spend countless thousands of hours on something for only a couple of us to play.....

Well now is the time to put up or shut up and in the same breathe prove me wrong and make a fool out of me and every other person who has questioned why you have posted screenshots for 4 years whilst making the same excuses for it never to be released. I dont doubt the quality of your work, i dont doubt the time it takes working around jobs and families and i have no doubt it gets a regular workout among yourselves. IT'S YOUR MOD!!! You designed it, built it and it is all yours. You have no obligation to release it if that is your wish, you can enjoy the fruits of your labour.......deservedly!!!

Just stop posting in game screen captures telling everyone how great it is, because after 4 years, people are getting very frustrated and very sceptical. Every time someone asks for a release date the forum goes quiet. Seriously, 4 years and you still cant give a date, just excuses? Just keep it to yourselves until its ready, then release it! Then no one will repeatedly ask the same questions saving yourselves frustration as well.

Seriously! You have THE worst attitude ive ever seen, so what you have had to wait for a mod to come out, boo ****in hoo! They can also post what screenies they want and if times get put back for release then so be it, Ive been waiting for a game to come out for 4 years now (Storm of War) and its still not ready and has been said its near release many times. Go and whinge somewhere else you tool.

I for one is very sick of the way People are coming on here and being dam right rude. Yes its a long time for a mod but then look at the work the cars look awesome as are the tracks they make. there is tons of work to do when making mods i think some people just think you make a car and put it in the game. not a chance it is all the rude people around these days that is making modding teams stop and its killing the games we play. I my self did not like the v8 cars you made the first time i like fvr better but i cant wait to try this it looks the bees nuts. to all the pleebs leave a lone and let them do it kit will be here 1 day

I think we all need to chill, Dino is just voicing out what quite a few people have thought and still would be thinking. Perhaps not in the best way but seriously though 4yrs is a long time and within that time theres nothing but screenies, you'd think within 4years this would be out by now even with work/family, seeing the original release was just a VE in 2007/08, BUT this intended release clearly is not just a VE.

I have modded before and I also understand from this side of the fence that when you are trying to implement more into your next release and being limited with what the game code can handle, there is a lot of trial and error in trying to implement these features to a reasonable standard if it is doable at all, also falling to the temptation of adding more and more ideas in, I have been there and done that so I feel your pain. The other most important limiting factor with this is if the person(s) who are qualified to develop the extra features to go into the release, go awol for a long time, vanish all together and take the work done with them, lose their work due to pc going kaput, basically anything that takes them out, well you are screwed, it is simply not easy to find someone else to continue where the last person was at, especially when the modding community you are in has dwindled and the qualified person(s) are busy with other mods. My modding group had 5 pple just vanish and those guys were 80-90% complete with their work and that work went with them, then it fell onto just me and another team member to redo all their work, it took forever, before we knew it 2yrs went by, after alot of learning, too many late nights we got it done. But in the end all the other features we wanted to put in we had to ditch, we got hit in the balls so hard that we had to just say stuff it and release what we got done, we werent totally happy with it but it was fairly complete and it had more and better quality than the previous work we put out, so that was enough for us. In the end it was just 3 of us on the modding team, there really wasnt anyone else with the required skillset to redo the work at our level besides us, we had 1 modeler who at the time worked for EA UK and was mostly unavailable and myself and one other who did all the of the work bar modelling.
So there should also be a point where you may have to let these extra features go and just get out what you can. In my opinion after mid 2008 you guys should of just released the 07/08 mod with just the updated models and textures, then get stuck into the extra stuff you wanted to put in, least that way people would of been enjoying the models mojo/kevo and the rest of you have busted your balls to make. But if you had done that, then you might of been in the same position as my modding team were, completely over it and couldnt be arsed pursuing the extra content and releasing it later, better to do it in 1 hit and let it be, I can understand that totally. So in essence perhaps it is you have bitten off more than you can chew, from reading another post I think you guys have realised that, its a shame you cant get everything you want in, I know it can hurt and piss you off alot but yeah, least get something out and buy yourselves some time to consider what to do afterwards.
All in all I can really relate to you guys with the effort and time a mod project sucks out of you, specially a mod for a complex game like R Factor, where you are also attempting to maintain and surpass the quality of your previous release, it is a painful curse. It can be really hard and tiring and I commend you all for keeping with it, the work you guys have pumped out is really impressive and you should be proud with that even if you just relase the models with current sounds etc. Have we all waited too long for this? Well thats a big yes, but we all have to think about the people making this stuff for us, modding a game can be enjoyable when it all works and the stars align *cough* but when they dont align all the plans you make can go out of the window, things can go pear shaped without you realising that years have gone by and not what feels like months. I for one really do not give a **** if all we get is just the new and updated models/textures with the current sounds and what not, either way like I said before you should be proud of what was produced because they look fantastic and the previous level was surpassed imo.

Apologies for the wall of text :)

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • At a friends house