Team ORSM

I think it has to be said that these guys are doing this because they want to, no body is making them, that being said, they are making a lot of work for themselves, most of us would've been happy with a new body shell, wheels and liveries, (personally i'm not too worried if there is a hans device or not). I have no doubt that when (and if) it is finished it will be a great mod but maybe, just maybe, a tad OTT for most users that really..... just wanted an up to date race car!
I'll say it again

Apologies for the wall of text :)

That's OK we can read that to pass the time waiting for this mod to be released..sorry guys, just kidding.

In all seriousness, there has always been, and will always be, differing opinions and outlooks on the release of what I'm sure will be a brilliant mod. However, it is just that, and like everything else (including RF2) it will be here when it's time, and not before.

As the head of an online racing community I have seen plenty of instances where it all seems to have become way to serious for some, and to be biting each other's heads off is pretty bloody silly, over a sim mod, considering the crap that real life keeps throwing at us.

Just settle guys, this is all supposed to be for fun, and there are plenty of other mods out there to race.

I'd have to agree with Scurge and Steve Hoppitt. But the weird part is these guys like Dino that sign up and their first posts on the forum are just full of anger and criticism. It's a mod, these guys are working on it and although it has been along time its not necessarily their number one priority in life. It's free, its for your pleasure eventually. Sometimes it takes one bad egg for a modder or mod team to say stuff it, we're over it. They do this for a hobby and get criticised and abused. Why don't you make your own mod dudes if its that painful a wait. When it comes out I'm sure it will be great as was the last mod that ORSM released. Good luck guys for when you do release it.
Jeremy

We all have been put in a position were we've been waiting for a mod or a track for that matter to come out. Some we have now but others have gone by the wayside. Groups have disappeared over the time I've been involved with PC sim's and I'm sure many of you have seen other mod teams come and go not getting their mods or tracks released. Some times though rare this work is past on to others teams. ORSM have been around since F1Challenge and are still here now when others have gone. We've updated the 06 mod and Bathurst + you have a new track from Krunch in the shape of the Troyton Raceway which is a well know and used track among leagues. Each and every one of us have and do help other mod teams at times often without credit. It's just the fact that we can help so we do. It's as simple as that.

We've seen posts here from Gavin G and Still_Bacon recently so you can see the work is still moving forward and not just sitting there. Be assured people this mod is for "you" at the end of the day. None of us are in a league and the mod is "not" being used in a private one either.

Hey guys.

Although I'm not a modder I have to agree with the 2 previous posts by Jeremy and Doug.

I've just had a look at the forum again and there is a hell of alot of negativity in it.
Sure it's been a long time and sure we've all been waiting. But suck it up and get on with life. It doesn't revolve around modding for most of the mod teams. Remember there is a real thing called real life that takes precedence over modding. Kids harass parents work gets in the way and god don't forget the poor partners that go without when these guys are on the computer getting a mod out for us all to enjoy FREE OF CHARGE.

If you want to know something from these guys I've found the easiest thing is just to ask them nicely. They won't bite at a genuine query but they will bite (and I do not blame them one bit) to the nasty comments that some people have/will made/make.

So with that said I have a query fellas. Will the templates be available with the mod or will they be separate like the 2006 mod?

dev

Hey guys.

So with that said I have a query fellas. Will the templates be available with the mod or will they be separate like the 2006 mod?

dev

That's a really good question Dev, we've discussed our options for releasing the templates but haven’t decided on what we think is the best plan for their release. I'd like to get them out relatively close to the Mod launch because I imagine there are a few league skinners who will want to create their own series liveries.

can the templates be bought prior to the mod release date

I'd like to go farther, would it be possible to have the base scheme for the original 19 car, aswell. Thats the car, at the season start. No sponsors, just the base scheme.

I know, I'm a pushy ______ (fill with your favourite expletive). I always remember, "if you don't ask, you don't get". I'm sure there's a counter, with a less positive angle. But, what the hey... lol.

I'd like to go farther, would it be possible to have the base scheme for the original 19 car, aswell. Thats the car, at the season start. No sponsors, just the base scheme.

I know, I'm a pushy ______ (fill with your favourite expletive). I always remember, "if you don't ask, you don't get". I'm sure there's a counter, with a less positive angle. But, what the hey... lol.

That particualr car has early season (inc Middle East), mid season, late season and Bathurst liveries included in the skins package.

That particualr car has early season (inc Middle East), mid season, late season and Bathurst liveries included in the skins package.

I know the car will be there, it was the base scheme I was jesting about. I've no doubt, the finished car n all its schemes, will be the muts.

I'm hoping to make my own car, using that base scheme. I was just looking to be a lazy ______ (again, fill with your favourite expletive), n be gifted with a head start.. lol.

I know the car will be there, it was the base scheme I was jesting about. I've no doubt, the finished car n all its schemes, will be the muts.

I'm hoping to make my own car, using that base scheme. I was just looking to be a lazy ______ (again, fill with your favourite expletive), n be gifted with a head start.. lol.

Hi Eck

That's actually something that has never been asked for before...

There are a lot of guys out there who can't skin or who don't have the required software to do it properly.

I can't speak for all the skinners, but I can say if someone asked for a skin design based on something I had made, I would not have an issue in building something for them based on the skin. Of course there might be a timelag to do it, so I wouldn't expect an overnight turnaround.

I can't speak for all the skinners, but I can say if someone asked for a skin design based on something I had made, I would not have an issue in building something for them based on the skin. Of course there might be a timelag to do it, so I wouldn't expect an overnight turnaround.

Thankyou, for the response.

I can't claim a lack of software. I hope I can claim, to have some ability, may not be in painting.. lol. I really was thinking laziness, and not to be taken too seriously. Some light hearted banter, no more. If I were to be gifted, with the base scheme though... lol.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 38 33.3%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 0.9%