Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for F1 22 12.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yeah, sometimes Simhub can create odd issues, when it e.g. "steals" the UDP feed. E.g. with ACC for some users had issues as it would just plainly without asking overwrite some ACC settings to reset e.g. the broadcast password set earlier by my Tool.

But one way to fix this, is
1) to setup F1 22 to use port 20776.
2) Then set my tool to use the UDP port 20776 for F1 22,
3) and then in my Tool setup UDP forward/redirect for the port 20777 (ip to 127.0.0.1, if you run Simhub on the same computer).
4) and then allow Simhub to do its stuff the way it likes with the data to that port.

This way Simhub does not interfere the operations of my Tool.

Cheers.
Thanks for the feedback, previously I was just using the built in forward tool of simhub as that's what I was familiar with. I will give that a try :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback, previously I was just using the built in forward tool of simhub as that's what I was familiar with. I will give that a try :thumbsup:
If you use the Simhub's forward, you could setup it to send one set of the data to port 20776 and make my Tool to use that port (20776) for F1 22, so my tool has exclusive access to the data.

Cheers.

If you use the Simhub's forward, you could setup it to send one set of the data to port 20776 and make my Tool to use that port (20776) for F1 22, so my tool has exclusive access to the data.

Cheers.
So originally what I had setup was port 20777 for simhub, then in simhub I enabled forwarding on port 20778 and changed my network settings in your tool to listen on port 20778. All my telemetry would land in your app, the only thing that didn't work was retrieving ghost data.

So originally what I had setup was port 20777 for simhub, then in simhub I enabled forwarding on port 20778 and changed my network settings in your tool to listen on port 20778. All my telemetry would land in your app, the only thing that didn't work was retrieving ghost data.
That is pretty odd, if only ghost data is not coming through.

I have seen few times, that you have to let certain Ghosts run 2 full laps, before there is the right data for the Tool to generate the traces for the Ghost. And last year there were few ghosts, which would not create a trace at all. This might also case this year, but I haven't encountered them (yet).

Cheers.

That is pretty odd, if only ghost data is not coming through.

I have seen few times, that you have to let certain Ghosts run 2 full laps, before there is the right data for the Tool to generate the traces for the Ghost. And last year there were few ghosts, which would not create a trace at all. This might also case this year, but I haven't encountered them (yet).

Cheers.
Yes, I had that issue in the past where I was not waiting long enough. This time through I was doing 3-5 lap blocks. Either way It's in a state where it's working now so I am good to go :thumbsup:. Thanks for your support.

Hello

Is there a way to resize the windows so the information doesn't get stacked upon each other, and where can I find the racenum-name folder?

Hello

Is there a way to resize the windows so the information doesn't get stacked upon each other, and where can I find the racenum-name folder?
Can you post a screen shot, what you mean "get stacked upon each other". Are you open the new windows via the 'New Window' menu?

In Settings directory under the data directory.

Cheers.

Can you post a screen shot, what you mean "get stacked upon each other". Are you open the new windows via the 'New Window' menu?

In Settings directory under the data directory.

Cheers.

Thanks, it worked better by using the New Window, but in the driving tab the information got cut out and moved a bit to the side.

5d719cb56dbacb0c13aa62e03cc0e131.png

Hi there, awesome tool. Any plans on adding the possibility to use calculated math channels in X,Y plots, histograms, etc… other than Telemetry?

@Iko Rein I used your suggestion and now have telem running directly to your app, I am then forwarding to simhub and everything is now working as expected. One other question I have. I have been comparing the fine details against some of the top leaderboard drivers. One of the key elements I can see this year that I haven't in previous games is steering angle of ghosts. This has made it clear to me that I am scrubbing too much in the corners. I just have a question on the metric. Take this screenshot for example.

In T1 my max steering is 64.45 vs the TT leader 46.10. I am wondering what exactly is this metric? Is it a percentage of your maximum rotation angle? That said is it possible this value can be hard to compare because not everyone is running the same max rotation (I use 330 degrees). Thanks for any additional input. Thank you.

Attachments

• Hungry_Telem.png
    Hungry_Telem.png
    297.9 KB · Views: 50
Hi Iko! Great tool really as last year! I just wanted to know if by chance the csv data files can be imported into z1 analyzer; it would be awesome to be able to use both softwares in combination. Thank you very much :)

Hi there! Just wondering, if it's possibile to have a combined G graph using the math channel? In that casa if would be enough to add lateralel G and longitudinal G?

I have followed the MAC instructions and when I enter "bash runmac.sh" it comes back with "Operation not permitted"

Thanks, it worked better by using the New Window, but in the driving tab the information got cut out and moved a bit to the side.

5d719cb56dbacb0c13aa62e03cc0e131.png
Yeah, the driving pane is bit "odd", if the screen is too narrow. I have been thinking of redoing it, to make it work better in narrower view, although most users use much wider screens.

Cheers.

Hi there, awesome tool. Any plans on adding the possibility to use calculated math channels in X,Y plots, histograms, etc… other than Telemetry?
Another thing which is on the long ToDo list.

I might add this in the future to the tool. With the math channels the issue is that the min/max values have to be calculated once before the points in plotters are drawn, so if the channel is pretty heavy, then it might make the drawing bit slow.

Cheers.

@Iko Rein I used your suggestion and now have telem running directly to your app, I am then forwarding to simhub and everything is now working as expected. One other question I have. I have been comparing the fine details against some of the top leaderboard drivers. One of the key elements I can see this year that I haven't in previous games is steering angle of ghosts. This has made it clear to me that I am scrubbing too much in the corners. I just have a question on the metric. Take this screenshot for example.

In T1 my max steering is 64.45 vs the TT leader 46.10. I am wondering what exactly is this metric? Is it a percentage of your maximum rotation angle? That said is it possible this value can be hard to compare because not everyone is running the same max rotation (I use 330 degrees). Thanks for any additional input. Thank you.
The value for Steering is -100% to 100% meaning, -100% is max turn to left and 100% is max turn to right.

With the %-value you can compare the steering inputs from different 'steer degrees', as you know that e.g. -50% if for both half turn to the left regardless of the steering degrees used. So if your values are higher, you know that you are probably making sharper turns and maybe even turning more than needed for the turn.

Cheers.

Hi Iko! Great tool really as last year! I just wanted to know if by chance the csv data files can be imported into z1 analyzer; it would be awesome to be able to use both softwares in combination. Thank you very much :)
Hi,

I don't know what format the z1 analyzer uses and how you import data there. In the .csv files there is header lines + header for the data columns, so if z1 allows you to define the data columns on the .csv file, you could import the data.

Cheers.

Hi there! Just wondering, if it's possibile to have a combined G graph using the math channel? In that casa if would be enough to add lateralel G and longitudinal G?
Hi,

You could do that. But simpler is to use just the 'Acceleration', which is calculated as
sqrt(pow(lat g,2) + pow(lon g, 2))
and with negative acceleration (i.e. deceleration) is gives out negative values.

The simple formula for math channals would be
sqrt(pow(B_GFORCELATITUDINAL,2)+pow(B_GFORCELONGITUDINAL,2))

Cheers.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 514 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 317 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 337 45.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 167 22.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 201 26.8%
Back