Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for F1 22 12.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi,

You could do that. But simpler is to use just the 'Acceleration', which is calculated as
sqrt(pow(lat g,2) + pow(lon g, 2))
and with negative acceleration (i.e. deceleration) is gives out negative values.

The simple formula for math channals would be
sqrt(pow(B_GFORCELATITUDINAL,2)+pow(B_GFORCELONGITUDINAL,2))

Cheers.
Thank you very much. What about slip or spin graph? Which one is better to check proper rear wheel spin (i.e. loosing the rear end etc)? And what is the differences between the two graphs?

Thank you very much. What about slip or spin graph? Which one is better to check proper rear wheel spin (i.e. loosing the rear end etc)? And what is the differences between the two graphs?
Well, the two bars are game reported slip value and spin, which is diff between car speed and wheel speed (spin outside, slip inside). So the game reported slip might be handier, but with the other one you can see, if you are e.g. locking up wheels, as the bar will change to bright red in those moments.

Cheers.

Well, the two bars are game reported slip value and spin, which is diff between car speed and wheel speed (spin outside, slip inside). So the game reported slip might be handier, but with the other one you can see, if you are e.g. locking up wheels, as the bar will change to bright red in those moments.

Cheers.
Thnx again, just why you said "bar" and "bright red"? I thought this was the correct graph?

Attachments

• Senza titolo.jpg
    Senza titolo.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Senza titol1o.jpg
    Senza titol1o.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 45
So here I am assuming, you downloaded the package to Downloads and then unzipped it there, i.e. you have 'Telemetry_v12.0_with_JRE' directory in your Downloads folder. And then you unzipped the mac.zip in the 'Telemetry_v12.0_with_JRE/bin' folder. If you downloaded to some other place, you have to replace in the text below the 'Downloads' to the directory name, where you unzipped the Tool install package.

Now open Terminal.

Type the following in Terminal the following commands:
cd Downloads
cd Telemetry_v12.0_with_JRE
bash runMac.sh

The Tool should now start.

If you get error "bash: runMac.sh: no such file or directory", it means your Telemetry Tool is not in the 'Downloads/Telemetry_v12.0_with_JRE' directory, but somewhere else.

If you get error about "bin/mac/bin/java: No such file or directory", then you have now unzipped the mac.zip to correct directory.

Cheers.

Hi, is there a way to create a "shortcut" to directly run these terminal commands (cd, bash etc) instead of having to open the terminal and type them everytime?
not really a huge problem as it doesn't really take much to type it, just wondering. great tool btw

Hi, is there a way to create a "shortcut" to directly run these terminal commands (cd, bash etc) instead of having to open the terminal and type them everytime?
not really a huge problem as it doesn't really take much to type it, just wondering. great tool btw
I am not expert on Apple/macs, but I guess you could create a shortcut for the "bash runMac.sh". Most likely there are some helps/tutorials for creating bash shortcuts in mac/linux.

Cheers.

Thnx again, just why you said "bar" and "bright red"? I thought this was the correct graph?
Aah, I though you were using the 'driving pane' where the slip and spin value are visible when you drive.

For the Workspace, if I were looking at them, I might create a new workspace with both of them (slip + spin) in it and then maybe some other data like acceleration/gear/throttle etc for bit deeper analysis.

cheers.

Aah, I though you were using the 'driving pane' where the slip and spin value are visible when you drive.

For the Workspace, if I were looking at them, I might create a new workspace with both of them (slip + spin) in it and then maybe some other data like acceleration/gear/throttle etc for bit deeper analysis.

cheers.
That would be great thnx!!! About 12.1 it's what I'm using atm, but still problem with abu!

That would be great thnx!!! About 12.1 it's what I'm using atm, but still problem with abu!
Hmm, are you sure you are running 12.1 and not 12.0. I see the data coming in for Abu Dhabi in all game modes with 12.1 and I will do more testing on Fri + weekend.

Is there some specific game mode, where the data is not saved?

Cheers

I've been using this tool for the last few games and absolutely love it, but recently I've upgraded my setup with an extra monitor so I was wondering if it is possible to have the software open twice/have two windows (for example race timing and track map) open at the same time?

I've been using this tool for the last few games and absolutely love it, but recently I've upgraded my setup with an extra monitor so I was wondering if it is possible to have the software open twice/have two windows (for example race timing and track map) open at the same time?
Yes, you can do that.

First open the tool normally.
Then go to the "new Window" option in menu. Here you can open most of the Tabs as a new window. If you then press CTRL-S the positions will be saved.

If you use the tab change option (i.e. you have tied a button to change the view), remove the view from rotation. E.g. if you put the Map window to be open all the time, remove the Map from the rotation (uncheck the checkbox in Settings). If you don't remove it from rotation, it will go black if you change the main window view to Map.

Cheers.

Yes, you can do that.

First open the tool normally.
Then go to the "new Window" option in menu. Here you can open most of the Tabs as a new window. If you then press CTRL-S the positions will be saved.

If you use the tab change option (i.e. you have tied a button to change the view), remove the view from rotation. E.g. if you put the Map window to be open all the time, remove the Map from the rotation (uncheck the checkbox in Settings). If you don't remove it from rotation, it will go black if you change the main window view to Map.

Cheers.
Thank you, I'm going to try that

Checking back

Checking back in on this - have enjoyed your previous versions! Thanks
After spending a bit of time - it turns out that Terminal needed additional security access. Did that and was able to start "bash runMac.sh and now get this error message

“java” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

... and this give me two options - delete the file or don't execute - I am on the version of Mac OS - and never had these problems before... Not sure what to do next...

After spending a bit of time - it turns out that Terminal needed additional security access. Did that and was able to start "bash runMac.sh and now get this error message

“java” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

... and this give me two options - delete the file or don't execute - I am on the version of Mac OS - and never had these problems before... Not sure what to do next...
Yeah, mac is always the problem.

You have two solutions
1) Allow the included custom JRE to run, even when it is not signed. There are instructions on the net for that
2) Download the JRE 17 + JavaFX from
https://www.azul.com/downloads/?version=java-17-lts&os=macos&package=jre-fx
for your platform and install it on your system. Then you can change in the 'runMac.sh' the commandline to Java be just 'java' instead of the 'bin/mac/bin/java'. Or if you downloaded the package, you can unzip it and find the 'bin' directory and replace the contents of the install's mac/bin with the contents from the downloaded Azul JRE.

Cheers.

Another thing which is on the long ToDo list.

I might add this in the future to the tool. With the math channels the issue is that the min/max values have to be calculated once before the points in plotters are drawn, so if the channel is pretty heavy, then it might make the drawing bit slow.

Cheers.
Thanks for the reply. Looking at the different udp packets definition there are a couple measures missing from your app (ie. Angular velocity). is There a way we can retrieve those missing measures ? Thanks again

Thanks for the reply. Looking at the different udp packets definition there are a couple measures missing from your app (ie. Angular velocity). is There a way we can retrieve those missing measures ? Thanks again
I use some of the values in the Tool, like angular velocity values, but they are not being saved to the files.

I can add them to the Workspace, so they can be used with real-time values and with laps from the current session.

And maybe later I need to revise the LapData files format and add these and maybe some other info to the file.

Cheers.

Iko Rein submitted a new resource:

Telemetry Tool for F1 22 - Telemetry tool for real-time and offline Telemetry analysis + race/pitstop tactic/strategy

Read more about this resource...
Hello,

Thanks for your work, it's absolutely crazy.

I have a more crazy question, is it possible to conect to a second, over database for expose juste on web page (for a race forum website) a panel like your race timing ?

If WE CAN forward to a external database ?

(Sorry I'm a french Guy who don't speak english since full Time)

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 500 68.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 308 42.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 332 45.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 161 22.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 196 26.8%
Back