Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

New AMC-AASD15A Config tool (for new firmware v2.26 fix0)

https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AASD15A-Firmware/tree/master/Thanos-utility/AMC-AASD_Config_tool

AMC-AASD15A-config-tool.jpg

To use this tool, please update to latest firmware version v2.26 fix0
https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AASD15A-Firmware/tree/master/Latest_firmware

Last edited:
Is the controller USB 2.0 or USB 3.0?

The USB interface of the AMC-AASD15A controller is USB2.0, but we found it often to work better via a USB3.0 hub (powered), as many motherboards are sensitive to the small power variations when its switching signals for the servo drives.

Otherwise the performance and latency is the same, either on USB2.0 or USB3.0 port...

Thanks

The USB interface of the AMC-AASD15A controller is USB2.0, but we found it often to work better via a USB3.0 hub (powered), as many motherboards are sensitive to the small power variations when its switching signals for the servo drives.

Otherwise the performance and latency is the same, either on USB2.0 or USB3.0 port...

Thanks
Thanks!

I am using a 3DOF prosimu simulator using SRS and a simtools controlled seatbelt tensioner with arduino+RC servos before and it worked fine so far using both softwares.

Now I have build a 4-Servomotor G-Seat (adding a seatbelt tensioner with a 5th servo soon) using the thanos controller.
For the future I would like to use SRS for the 3DOF and sim tools for the G-Seat+ Seatbelt (5th servo), as I like the traction loss and smoothness of SRS better than sim tools on the 3DOF.

I did not get the G-Seat to work with Sim tools with SRS working at the same time (controlling the 3DOF) . The Thanos Controller does not get telemetry from the PC, but stays in Parking mode (Display does not change as well). Is there a way to make it work how I want or do I need to run everything using simtools?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Meet the wizard behind the tuning guides and the great profiles for SimRacingStudio, Jeff Weaver! Great interview fro. the guy that does all this background work we often don't realize how important is.

Last edited:
I am using a 3DOF prosimu simulator using SRS and a simtools controlled seatbelt tensioner with arduino+RC servos before and it worked fine so far using both softwares.

Now I have build a 4-Servomotor G-Seat (adding a seatbelt tensioner with a 5th servo soon) using the thanos controller.
For the future I would like to use SRS for the 3DOF and sim tools for the G-Seat+ Seatbelt (5th servo), as I like the traction loss and smoothness of SRS better than sim tools on the 3DOF.

I did not get the G-Seat to work with Sim tools with SRS working at the same time (controlling the 3DOF) . The Thanos Controller does not get telemetry from the PC, but stays in Parking mode (Display does not change as well). Is there a way to make it work how I want or do I need to run everything using simtools?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Hmm, it not completely clear what are you using the AMC-AASD15A controller with, is it a motion rig or gseat? Also, Simtools or SimRacingStudio?

Sorry for not beeing clear.

Old setup (No Thanos controller at all)
3DOF Prosimu Rig + SRS
Seatbelt tensioner RC Servos + Arduino + Simtools
[worked]

New Setup (3DOF rig with G-Seat on top)
3DOF Prosimu Rig + SRS (No Thanos)
G-Seat Servo + Thanos + Simtools

So Controller for G-Seat with Simtools.

Last edited:
Sorry for not beeing clear.

Old setup (No Thanos controller at all)
3DOF Prosimu Rig + SRS
Seatbelt tensioner RC Servos + Arduino + Simtools
[worked]

New Setup (3DOF rig with G-Seat on top)
3DOF Prosimu Rig + SRS (No Thanos)
G-Seat Servo + Thanos + Simtools

So Controller for G-Seat with Simtools.

Ok, just make sure the AMC controller is not automatically picked up by SRS (disable scanning), and configure the correct plugin and com port for the AMC controller in Simtools. My only concern is that using all these different motion software and hardware together, trying to make them work in harmony, instead of using all same hardware and single plug a play motion software.

For such complicate hardware setups I usually recommend using the FlyPT mover motion software, that is much easier to combine inputs / outputs and completely have control of all devices and motion cues down to baremetal etc, but I'm not sure if Prosimu is supported...

Last edited:
The AMC-AASD15A controllers are back in stock.

AMC-AASD15A controller with fixed LCD or Remote panel LCD

Also to add, it might not seem as much but the AMC controllers exist to offer a bridge between DIY motion simulators and commercial type motion simulators. Either you have a simple rig built from bolts and bits or a ready made platform rig, the resulting experience can be the same. Not everyone has the resources to build something like this from scratch, so commercial solutions exist for anyone wanting to get all the fun without need to own a CNC or 3D printer or even a drill... Be sure to check out some of the options for both DIY or commercial solutions on our website:
https://www.thanos-motion.com/links-and-vendors/

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 33 86.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 13 34.2%