The Elephant in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
I want to share a concern that I have about AMS2. It does not seem to be discussed, but when comparing how many player actually play the game, I am very worried this game will get any traction ever. It is no just less than other SIM, it is very very little, particularly as it is new.

I would love to hear what Reiza think of the abysmally small amount of user.

Screenshot (7).jpg

How many use a game does not reflect on how good it is, AMS2 is good, but not having user, hence no money coming in has to be some how worry some for Reiza and by consequence to existing user.

By all the coverage here in RD and all the superlative in this thread, you could be tempted to think that this is the next big thing for SIM racer. Not so much, why is their not more players?

• Deleted member 963434

for me biggest problem with AMS2 currently is not ffb or physics or something else. BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH AMS2 now is pCARS2 multiplayer residues, that means too much arcade/sim settings that means you can enable/disable ghost cars (cars will become ghosts during qually to not collide) option to disable setups, fuel usage, damages, and worst fro me option to allow ABS or TC in cars that should not have it.. basiccaly who makes server he decides we racing in sim or arcade game... not only this, also yo can join server only when qualy is, and that sometimes didnt work if qualy is 3 mins left yo already cant join server.. if you join server mid race you can only spectate remaining race and theres no info how much laps to end, they can race 100 lap and you join at 3 lap and you dont know if yo must wait 5 mins or 2 hours for them to finish xD BIGGEST PRO from pCARS2 i of course everyone can set their server easily, just choose track, car set laps etc i set servers myself sometimes but i always make them realistic.. but there are lot people basically making this game arcade by disabling collisions, damages, fuel, tyres, collisions etc so sometimes finding a good realistic server is pain in a$$ , that way i more approve sims that forces realism to player as AC, ACC, iracing than sim that allows players to choose if they drive arcade or sim, i dont like AMS2 let us choose it, its hard to find realistic server sometimes

We've probably paid attention to different things in this video, how much in particular changed in the last few months.

It was an absolutely, without reservation ridiculous video full of half truths and outright lies.

I can't believe the guy sank to that level. When it's better now and literally 5 months ago he thought it was incredible.

He is literally just trying to ride the wave of perceived public consensus, itself ridiculous and unfounded.

He should have made a video on it's continued development instead he went for the sugar rush. Make no mistake a positive video would have only got 50% of those views.

One of those most ridiculous aspects and yes I am panning this video entirely, is that one is his reasons was that he could never be sure of it's stability or progression of improvement. But this is the same thing in reverse as to why he is being negative. For example he detracts but those very things could improve within a few weeks, thus being the same reason why he would not utter a word on the subject to start with: So we can discount that as a real reason, it's just an excuse. It's so dumb of him to not vet reasonably his own logic on all this. Guess he couldn't wait to get the video out the door. Maybe it's just a consistency error in the video I know what he is driving at in a conversational or casual sense; but in an essay kind of way then no...the video was just a bad one no doubt.

Last edited:
I may have been a little too forthright in my last message. His latest video explains a lot, and a lot more of things better from the wider perspective that was needed.

I'm still not convinced about multiplayer being the thing to aim for, for a small studio anyway. Thus while there's lots of merit in the thread I actually think the title itself is a little misleading no offence. If possible one can choose to focus on different things.

AC is just 3,99€ on Steam.
AMS2 is by far the superior Simulation particularly right now, with 1.2 released, but quite expensive for the casual gamer. But hey, AMS2 allows for private lobbies, and who needs public or dedicated servers when 4 friends on a private peer to peer are enough.

Last edited:
Meanwhile in AC, AC just reached an all time peak in Steam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all-time peak

It's a visibility thing. ACC is overdone. It's traveling better than its quality for what is widely held to be a listless and dour game. One that Kunos is doing things with, true, but one they can't wait to put behind them as it's more of a dead end than we think.

At this point with what we know about cash and arm twisting for comment, I'd not be surprised if what ams2 lacks are content partnerships and networking between individuals in positions of media.

Don't forget for years we've been able to buy AC ultimate for something like 8 Australian dollars. Yeah lol not even the good purchasing power dollars. 8!

I think you will find Kunos like fanatec WANT to be suggested and associated when it comes to sim racing. Like soccer you might call it football is when team sports are mentioned. Having made the money they can do things like that. I'm not calling AC or CC naff but I am not surprised.

At new release time of raceroom and Ams2 there they are making sure attention is on them. Happens in print media too. They focused on building it's reputation for a time prior. Ams2 has none of those things and some would like to keep it that way.

It's an easy exercise to do. Imagine yourself at the point of purchase and do what you can to make sure you buy. Work backwards. Maybe it's harder but knowing what we know about the titles, they do everything they can ask company's should to maximise the likelihood once it's in front of your face. There's only so much a steam page can do. We know all that not new. But ACC is up there right now at bulldust hyperbole levels. Still, as a product it's done well. But it's not down to which one is better.

It just goes to show how small the niche is. They have done everything possible and only 10k. People need to be realistic about ams2 but suppressing it with bitter threads like this do a disservice to the reality.

Ams2 is way better than its sales suggest. Yes I know I understand a lot more and can read things in trends months if not years out, some speculative and some not.

I see the situation now and most see it, so forget about my magic 8 ball for a moment, with the business sense people have we saw the big push for racin USA as they were fishing where the fish were, but I will be surprised if the game doesn't push on from here and then it will need marketing yes but special consideration which is then an opportunity cost with limited marketing dollars. Constraint. Can be done probably though.

Last edited:
It's a visibility thing. ACC is overdone. It's traveling better than its quality for what is widely held to be a listless and dour game. One that Kunos is doing things with, true, but one they can't wait to put behind them as it's more of a dead end than we think.

At this point with what we know about cash and arm twisting for comment, I'd not be surprised if what ams2 lacks are content partnerships and networking between individuals in positions of media.

Don't forget for years we've been able to buy AC ultimate for something like 8 Australian dollars. Yeah lol not even the good purchasing power dollars. 8!

I think you will find Kunos like fanatec WANT to be suggested and associated when it comes to sim racing. Like soccer you might call it football is when team sports are mentioned. Having made the money they can do things like that. I'm not calling AC or CC naff but I am not surprised.

At new release time of raceroom and Ams2 there they are making sure attention is on them. Happens in print media too. They focused on building it's reputation for a time prior. Ams2 has none of those things and some would like to keep it that way.

It's an easy exercise to do. Imagine yourself at the point of purchase and do what you can to make sure you buy. Work backwards. Maybe it's harder but knowing what we know about the titles, they do everything they can ask company's should to maximise the likelihood once it's in front of your face. There's only so much a steam page can do. We know all that not new. But ACC is up there right now at bulldust hyperbole levels. Still, as a product it's done well. But it's not down to which one is better.

It just goes to show how small the niche is. They have done everything possible and only 10k. People need to be realistic about ams2 but suppressing it with bitter threads like this do s disservice to the reality.

Ams2 is way better than its sales suggest.

The original automobilista only had a limited player base, but it didn't hold it back. Same for RF2. I am starting to love it with the latest update.

The original automobilista only had a limited player base, but it didn't hold it back. Same for RF2. I am starting to love it with the latest update.
Same. I think with more pushing its only a matter of time. They really have something to sell now. It's literally the most desired sim right now in terms of curiosity. There's plenty of substance too.

We see plenty of Sims go the way of tentative starts. Guess it's really hard to do the models they do.

Last edited:
ACC is overdone. It's traveling better than its quality for what is widely held to be a listless and dour game.
Widely held by whom? I have AMS2 but usually end up racing in ACC. Yes, ACC is limited to GT3/GT4 but it's particularly good at what it does. The reviews are overwhelmingly positive and the few criticisms are generally that it's only GT3 and GT4.

Widely held by whom? I have AMS2 but usually end up racing in ACC. Yes, ACC is limited to GT3/GT4 but it's particularly good at what it does. The reviews are overwhelmingly positive and the few criticisms are generally that it's only GT3 and GT4.
didnt mean to dis something you like but all the people who ever mention acc are mentioning how dour they feel it is or became. i will guess that what they really mean is that compared to ams2 it has less variety. they probably still like it too. I am really mainly speaking about AC not being up to the standard now of AMS2 as a gaming title. i guess thats a easy thing to arrive at when ac came out in 2014 and Ams2 didnt get good until 2021. in defence of ac its still very good

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I am really mainly speaking about AC not being up to the standard now of AMS2 as a gaming title.
Standard of what? Graphics, physics, FFB, content consistency?
It has slightly better graphics than AC with CSP/SOL, just like PCars1 and 2 had, but everything else still leaves much to be desired, just like the other two Madness titles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Standard of what? Graphics, physics, FFB, content consistency?
It has slightly better graphics than AC with CSP/SOL, just like PCars1 and 2 had, but everything else still leaves much to be desired, just like the other two Madness titles.

Where AMS2 beats AC:

- doesn't have a one-point tyre model where cars spin when you touch the inside kerb with a driven wheel
- more realistic tyre wear/heat model
- fully customisable FFB
- full wet simulation with puddles, aqua-planing, dry lines etc.
- rolling starts
- AI that isn't bumper cars on rails
- multiplayer lobbies that anyone can easily host

Right now I have two games, RRE and AMS2. The main reason - I don't want to constantly tweak something, I'm just tired of fighting against games and their settings. I'm very happy with the changing weather, seasons, and GTE in AMS2. I've been very critical of AMS2 lately, but the latest update is great.

Having fully purchased content in ACC/AC/RF2 I have no desire to go back to them, as I understand that I will take an hour to customize, driving 15 minutes is very tiring.

My first simracing (well, if you can call it that) game was PC2 and I really loved it. It was my most interesting races, although now I understand that PC2 is crap. And I don't find anything in common between AMS2 and PC2 anymore after last update.

Probably someone likes the AC constructor, but man, to play simracing because of the price? FFB in AC has always been crap. AC time has passed, although at one time it was a great game.

The only thing that frustrates me about AMS2 is the livery and replay session.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 14 14.3%
  • Watch party