The Elephant in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
I want to share a concern that I have about AMS2. It does not seem to be discussed, but when comparing how many player actually play the game, I am very worried this game will get any traction ever. It is no just less than other SIM, it is very very little, particularly as it is new.

I would love to hear what Reiza think of the abysmally small amount of user.

Screenshot (7).jpg

How many use a game does not reflect on how good it is, AMS2 is good, but not having user, hence no money coming in has to be some how worry some for Reiza and by consequence to existing user.

By all the coverage here in RD and all the superlative in this thread, you could be tempted to think that this is the next big thing for SIM racer. Not so much, why is their not more players?

Have you ever seen him work onhis own setups for any big event he was part of? Back when I still watched his channel, he always got his setups from his friends or teammates. But I'm always open to be proven wrong. If you have a video of him where he goes around the track and adjusts his cars setup to find a good balance - much like Aris does in his streams - or an event he took part in where he actually uses his own setup, let me know.
Just look at this one
All along this stream he's setting up his car.
Not setting up during stream doesn't mean he doesn't know how to do that.
'He has no clue about setups' is really rude.

Last edited:
Controversy lead to success.
Kunos advertised Assetto Corsa as a simulator, but almost everybody treat it like an arcade game. Most people just have fun drifting in it.

The forum is a poor representation of the current active players in Assetto Corsa. As pointed out, very few people take this game seriously for racing.

AMS2 crowd is a good representation of the racing simulator forum community. That's the exemplary result of gatekeeping. What I mean is simracing is a death genre.
I really smile when i read your assertion voiced with conviction.
Who is every body? You is everybody?
AMS2 crowd good representation of the racing simulator forum community, why? Why not rFactor's one?
All of your assertions personal and subjective.

I really smile when i read your assertion voiced with conviction.
Who is every body? You is everybody?
AMS2 crowd good representation of the racing simulator forum community, why? Why not rFactor's one?
All of your assertions personal and subjective.
Picture worth more than a thousand words.jpg

Here Rfactor 2 compared to AMS2. 800ish for both games.

Yes, all arguments are subjectives. But Kunos devs shared many times that racing simulators are niche. I bet they're jealous of Polyphony Digital upholding true esport passion. So much competitive players are playing Gran Turismo. They have millions of peeps competing, while Kunos have only 3 thousand of peeps. Kunos can dream all day long. It won't work, cause they're stuck with people that are gatekeeping the genre. They are also part of the problem. I do not pity them.

Sure there are gullible peeps who kind of try ACC out of interest, because of AC drifting. But the racing sim genre on PC is death on arrival. I also mentioned gatekeeping being part of the problem(both driving & setup). All simracers are aware how easy is to beat people who doesn't know how to setup the car. Default is so bad that anyone who know a bit about setup auto-win. Also, the game feedback can bad. like Nico Rosberg driving AC wrong is a good example, while he doesn't struggle on F1 by Codemasters(mean expected performance based on driving experience).

Last edited:
View attachment 482099
Here Rfactor 2 compared to AMS2. 800ish for both games.

Yes, all arguments are subjectives. But Kunos devs shared many times that racing simulators are niche. I bet they're jealous of Polyphony Digital upholding true esport passion. So much competitive players are playing Gran Turismo. They have millions of peeps competing, while Kunos have only 3 thousand of peeps. Kunos can dream all day long. It won't work, cause they're stuck with people that are gatekeeping the genre. They are also part of the problem. I do not pity them.

Sure there are gullible peeps who kind of try ACC out of interest, because of AC drifting. But the racing sim genre on PC is death on arrival. I also mentioned gatekeeping being part of the problem(both driving & setup). All simracers are aware how easy is to beat people who doesn't know how to setup the car. Default is so bad that anyone who know a bit about setup auto-win. Also, the game feedback can bad. like Nico Rosberg driving AC wrong is a good example, while he doesn't struggle on F1 by Codemasters(mean expected performance based on driving experience).
So please tell me why do Grosjean and Ferrari esports still support AC?

Last edited:
Just look at this one
All along this stream he's setting up his car.
Not setting up during stream doesn't mean he doesn't know how to do that.
'He has no clue about setups' is really rude.
I remeber that one, and I've just rewatched the setup segments. Never got the impression that he actually known what he's doing, more like trying things out. I'm probably unfairly comparing him to guys like Aris or Nils Naujoks ar Steelcast27 who actually know their way around a setup screen.

He's always had good pace and can make other peoples setups work no doubt, but I'm not buying for a second that he's proficient in doing his own setups.

So please tell me why do Grosjean and Ferrari esports still support AC?
It's for political reason.
"Competitors McLaren and Force India both criticized the partnership between Ferrari and Haas. While no official grievance has been filled with the FIA, McLaren boss Zak Brown has questioned the relationship.[20]" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haas_F1_Team

I looked up for actual driving of Romain Grosjean. I have found none on youtube. Although, Nico Rosberg there's plenty of them available to view. His performance at playing AC is a good representation how bad a proper driver can be in a videogame. He's a world champion.

Grosjean is driving an indycar & driving in AC must be a veritable nightmare. It's an understeer simulator. The car rotate from the front when the car exit the corner.

"Competitors McLaren and Force India both criticized the partnership between Ferrari and Haas. While no official grievance has been filled with the FIA, McLaren boss Zak Brown has questioned the relationship.[20]" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haas_F1_Team

I looked up for actual driving of Romain Grosjean. I have found none on youtube. Although, Nico Rosberg there's plenty of them available to view. His performance at playing AC is a good representation how bad a proper driver can be in a videogame. He's a world champion.

Grosjean is driving an indycar & driving in AC must be a veritable nightmare. It's an understeer simulator. The car rotate from the front when the car exit the corner.
Anyway whatever what you're trying to convince me to, but still both Grosjean and Ferrari esports choose AC and certainely not AMS2.

Last edited:
Anyway whatever what you're trying to convince me to, but still both Grosjean and Ferrari esports choose AC and certainely not AMS2.

I also don't think it's political, but simply because unlike AMS2, AC is a proven platform with the most reach within the Simracing community. That and AMS2 don't have a Ferrari license. Maybe that plays into it a bit as well.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I also don't think it's political, but simply because unlike AMS2, AC is a proven platform with the most reach within the Simracing community. That and AMS2 don't have a Ferrari license. Maybe that plays into it a bit as well.
Anybody knows why not ACC, some license limitation?

I also don't think it's political,
But Mercedes promote Gran Turismo. It's the #1 F1 team. They know more about physic than other formula 1 team. All PC racing simulator games are a joke. This include Ferrari. Although, this proposition is unlikely. Because the cars in Gran Turismo are much more simplified than niche PC simracing videogame. Political reason is more likely the case. It's all speculation.

There are no Grosjean laps with Assetto Corsa available on youtube. All you get is real car driving. To my perspective as internet user. Grosjean pretty much sign paper to makes an understeer simulator look cool.

I have to be honest. I saw the recent youtube furore around the game. Its not good that its still like it always was. I never thought I would say this but maybe the elephant won't get smaller. I am sure people may still play it. Where do they even go next. I have a guess they will wind down development as soon as they can not any time soon but before they otherwise would. I do not think much effort would be placed in the last bits of their content run.

I do not think I ever saw a title where a bad word cannot be said about the title or each youtube content creator had to preface his words when it comes to the title. Granted the formula 1 cars are the best picks but is that a lot to say in a game of 120 cars?

I owe an apology to the OP, I do play raceroom and ac a lot but I always thought the title would kick on to a well earned goal and it never seems like it will. Cars still bounce and lobby's are still empty. If I go ahead and buy the download content I know I will just get more of the same. I mean to say that its just not sharp. The graphics are nice the controls are good, the feedback is very good, but other games are already doing that. The Mr Broadbent video also showed judging by comments there is not a whole lot of wider support out there. I will still play the title from time to time like I always do but really the next title people get a hold of will be a codemasters title or similar, they probably will never go back to the old style simulators which are cars going round tracks all that much or less and less.

Last edited:
So it seems, more than a year later, the elephant in the room is as big as ever, still very little players actually bother to launch and use AMS2. Average players in the last 30 days 252.
Are the few still defending AMS2 as the SIM of SIM, finally admit, it as flows beyond repairs?
To me, I like the VR, the Brazilian content, but most of the time, I just drive some other SIM. Still to much weird stuff going on, for sustain playability and genuine interest.

Flaws beyond repair? Lol, no. Considering Reiza still has work to do, 250 constant players isn't even bad. Again, it's a niche sim in a niche hobby.

R3E and rFactor2 are old AF and they hover around 500, so I don't really see an issue with AMS2 being at 250.

So it seems, more than a year later, the elephant in the room is as big as ever, still very little players actually bother to launch and use AMS2. Average players in the last 30 days 252.
Are the few still defending AMS2 as the SIM of SIM, finally admit, it as flows beyond repairs?
To me, I like the VR, the Brazilian content, but most of the time, I just drive some other SIM. Still to much weird stuff going on, for sustain playability and genuine interest.
Wasn't ACC in a similar position at one time? Kunos turned that around and I hope Reiza does the same.

So.......I play it all the time and enjoy it on/offline. Time for you to move on it looks like.....

So.......I play it all the time and enjoy it on/offline. Time for you to move on it looks like.....
Exactly. There seems to be some kind of insecurity from fans of other sims, in his case, AC/ACC. It's honestly baffling.

Like, I've grown to HATE rF2. Think I go to its forum?
Have fallen out of love with ACC, it has bored me to death. See me on the forum?
AC? Maybe an hour a month to chill in an open map.

I couldn't care less what other people do/drive, yet we get all these posts about other sims' players rejoicing at every difficulty for AMS2.

Back on topic, evenings in South American time is becoming an amazing time to play online. Very tight knit community with known names all around and just a great vibe. Have been having a blast!

For what's it's worth......looking at the positive side.
AMS was never popular and Reiza was able to bring alot to that game with the little money they got from there followers.
AMS2 player counts may not compete with some of the other titles....but it's already doubled it's player count in the first yr when comparing to AMS.

Really hope those increased numbers will allow Reiza to invest more into the title, which will hope return more players down the road.

I respect the opinions of those that don't enjoy the game but to say the game hasn't gotten better since release is ridiculous....your either delusional or a troll.

A few examples.
Real road wasn't even fully implemented a few months ago.
Several ffb updates.
Continual physic and Ai improvements almost every update.
Etc. Etc.
The only major graphic improvements I'm aware of is the recent foilage textures and a couple track performance updates.

Looking through Steam charts AMS2 seems to be around similar to rF2, AMS, R3E are. About 1/3 their peak seems around there average (rough numbers) with higher positive reviews than rF2, R3E and similar reviews to AC/C and with development still very rapid i think there is a bright future for Reiza here. Some people just don't want it / them to succeed it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 35 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 6.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.5%