The International Manufacturers Championship '67

main.jpg

GAME FEATURES:
  • Recreation of the 1967 International Championship for Sports-Prototypes and (parts of) the 1967 International Championship for Sports Cars.
  • All 8 tracks from the 1967 Prototype championship with correct 1967 layout configurations.
  • All tracks heavily reworked/modified to get an authentic 1960's experience.
  • Actual 1967 weather conditions with customized skies for all events.
  • 56 different car models and 301 unique car entries that all participated in the 1967 championship.
  • Realistic car physics and authentic performances for all cars allowing a fairly good player to match the real 1967 top drivers.
  • AI competitors performing authentic lap times on par with the real drivers in 1967.
  • Improved AI behavour on track (overtaking, braking, lapping, etc.)
  • Improved gameplay, with AI fuel consumption, tyre wear, reliability, and damage all matching the player car.
  • New menus and layouts to get the right 1960's experience.
  • Removed nonsense like Driving School, Time Trial, and Internet. (There wasn't any internet in 1967!).
  • New game music for a period correct experience.
  • A detailed and unforgiving championship career option.
The game is based on a Power & Glory install (very little of it left though) for GTR2 but there's also lots of stuff originally made by others that I have spent hundreds of hours on modifying, adjusting, and improving. However, I've been working on the game for over 10 years now and have completed something like 50% of what I want to achieve so there's still a long way to go. If I ever get to finish the game, I would be happy to make it available here if I would get all the necessary permissions. Either way, this thread should be an interesting read for anyone into racing games and 1960's sports car endurance racing.

This is not a mod. It's a new game.

Last edited:
Dig the car list...

Abarth 1000 SP
Abarth 1300 OT
Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ
Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2
Alfa Romeo GTA SA
Alfa Romeo T33
Alpine A110 Renault
Alpine A210 Renault
Austin-Healey 3000
Austin-Healey Sprite Mk I
Austin-Healey Sprite Mk IV
Bizzarrini GT Strada 5300
CD SP66C Peugeot
Chaparral 2D
Chaparral 2F
Chevrolet Corvette
Chevrolet Corvette GS
Chevron B4, B5, B6
Ferrari 250 LM
Ferrari 250 SWB
Ferrari 275 GTB
Ferrari 330 P3/4
Ferrari 330 P4
Ferrari 365 P2
Ferrari 365 P3
Ferrari 412 P
Ferrari Dino 206 S
Ford GT40 Mk I
Ford P40
Ford Mk II
Ford Mk IV
Hillman Imp
Honda S800
Howmet Sprint
Jaguar XKE
Lancia Fulvia
Lola T70 Mk2
Lola T70 Mk3
Lotus 47
Lotus Elan
Marcos Mini GT
Matra Djet
Matra M630
MGB GT
Mini Cooper S
Mirage M1
Porsche 356
Porsche 904 GTS
Porsche 906
Porsche 907
Porsche 910
Porsche 911 S
Renault R8 Gordini
Shelby Cobra
Shelby GT350
Sunbeam Tiger
Triumph TR4
TVR Grantura
Volvo P1800

1-daytona.jpg

The Thompson/Ickx Ford GT40 MkI at Daytona

2-sebring.jpg

The Siegmund/Liebl Volvo P1800 at Sebring

3-monza.jpg

The Berney/de Mortemart Bizzarrini GT Strada 5300 at Monza

Looks really promising. From what I can see all the tracks have the same uniform high quality? If that's the case it'll be great, one of the downsides of GTR2 (and almost all other sims) is the fact that the mod tracks quality varies a lot.
Hope that you'll release your work at some point, it looks great so far.

Last edited:
Yeah, having a similar quality and appearance between the tracks is of high priority to me. But I'm also always looking for a difference between the tracks that mirrors the real 1967 circumstances by editing scene lighting values as well as track textures. As seen in the WIP track screenshot sets above, Daytona looks a little chilly with pale grass areas and some bare trees as the event was held in early February, then two months later the environment at Sebring looks warmer, and for Monza in late April, I've gone for a bit of a crisp spring feeling, all based on footage, pics, and weather reports from the real 1967 events.

daytona.jpg

The Thompson/Ickx Ford GT40 MkI in the pits at Daytona

Yeah, having a similar quality and appearance between the tracks is of high priority to me. But I'm also always looking for a difference between the tracks that mirrors the real 1967 circumstances by editing scene lighting values as well as track textures. As seen in the WIP track screenshot sets above, Daytona looks a little chilly with pale grass areas and some bare trees as the event was held in early February, then two months later the environment at Sebring looks warmer, and for Monza in late April, I've gone for a bit of a crisp spring feeling, all based on footage, pics, and weather reports from the real 1967 events.

View attachment 638673
The Thompson/Ickx Ford GT40 MkI in the pits at Daytona

Fantastic, seeing all these images I really appreciate the accuracy in detail and the passion you are putting in this job. You don't stop only to cars but seek detail in everything, including the circuits and I hope also in the menus and mechanics of the pit-stop with '67 style suits etc.
All this detail that you are putting will surely make the Sim even more engaging... and I'm almost sure that other users will also think so.

I will follow this topic with a lot of interest and in the meantime to stay on the subject of the spirit of those times and waiting for other news placed below two videos found on YouTube on the WSC '67.

Thanks for the videos although I already had them saved since earlier. It was actually from the b/w one I realized that the 1967 Monza race had a rolling start, meaning there are now two races in the game having that start procedure (the other one is of course Daytona).

And yeah, the whole idea with the game is to have a total 1967 WSC experience and "transport" the player back in time. So every area of the game will get a proper 60's treatment, including menus, layouts, and text, with the goal of not distracting the player to realize that he's only playing a game...

330_P4_pit.jpg

A Ferrari chief mechanic is holding the player's 330 P4 during a pitstop in the early morning hours of the 1967 Daytona 24h.

Last edited:
Some additional stuff on the philosophy of the game...

There is no adjustable AI difficulty level as the AI do authentic 1967 lap times for each race event. And of course there are no driving aids whatsoever. Also no HUD overlays either. Race position info when driving is coming from the pitboard just like in real life. Fuel load, RPMs, temperatures etc. can all be monitored from the various gauges on the car dashboards.

Minimum race length is 50% of the real 1967 race distances. So no more clueless 24 hour races done in an hour...

Forced 1967 weather conditions for all events meaning that for instance the Spa 1000 km race is always held under pretty heavy rain conditions from start to finish.

spa_start_67.jpg

The start of the 1967 Spa 1000 km race

No more "game" references in the game, e.g. SAVE GAME is now labeled SAVE EVENT instead. Also substituted various non-60's or non-racing labels like the SHOWROOM is now called CAR DISPLAY.

Since there weren't any TV monitors in the pits in 1967, a session or race can instead be watched from the trackside cameras by actually going out on the track by clicking the TRACKSIDE text. This is of course also very useful when watching your co-driver's stints as well as keeping track of your closest competitors during a race when you're not behind the wheel yourself. And due to that there weren't any pit monitors at the time, all timing and scoring in game is displayed on white paper sheets using a period correct typewriter font.

Also some years ago I was working on a USB device that had electrodes connected to the player's body, sending out unpleasant electric shocks if crashing the car, all in order to encourage a more realistic driving behavour... Never got it to work properly though.

T33_wreck.jpg

The wreck of the de Adamich/Galli Alfa Romeo T33 at the 1967 Nürburgring 1000 km race

Thanks for the videos although I already had them saved since earlier. It was actually from the b/w one I realized that the 1967 Monza race had a rolling start, meaning there are now two races in the game having that start procedure (the other one is of course Daytona).

And yeah, the whole idea with the game is to have a total 1967 WSC experience and "transport" the player back in time. So every area of the game will get a proper 60's treatment, including menus, layouts, and text, with the goal of not distracting the player to realize that he's only playing a game...

View attachment 639121
A Ferrari chief mechanic is holding the player's 330 P4 during a pitstop in the early morning hours of the 1967 Daytona 24h.

Fantastic pit-stop, I really like it!
Then what to say: the Ferrari 330 P4 is a wonder, done very well! Together with the 917 K of 1970 I think they are the two most beautiful prototypes ever.

A small request: can you put in the competitions of Daytona (car nº23) and Monza (car nº3) as the first pilot the legendary Lorenzo Bandini with its red and white helmet that I use in 1967?
He was decisive for those two victories. A legend.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back