The Jaguar E-Type is Back! "Zero" in Production from Summer 2020

The guy...or women who thought about making this car electric...well, he, or she...IS AS DUMB AS A BAG OF HAMMERS!...sorry
And the dashboard, i mean it is a vintage car and i would like to see the nice round dials...right? No, ugly digital crap. The guy...or women who thought about this well, he or she...IS NOT THE SMARTEST TOOL IN THE SHED!!:whistling:

What is the difference between an engine and an electric motor??????? The engine is internal combustion and the electric motor well is what is says electric and who every like to mix this info up is a fool sorry I had this beat in to me as a small kid and my OCD but for the sake of sanity. Like power sliding and drifting to be adrift is to be helpless out in the water and that said with out power you can not steer your water craft/boat/ship "drift" is a nautical term. And has been use out of con texted for a while now and I laugh at the ones who think they use it properly. Take care and have a nice day.

Are they going to be existing cars without the original drivetrain, or are they freshly built? If it's the latter, I don't see any problem with this.

A quick browse of the website suggests these are converted original cars. I'm feeling slightly unwell now.

Actually I think you may have to supply the E-type yourself. It suggests the powertrain mod is fully reversable ( thumbsup! ) but why the hell would you do that to the interior!

Still this is the best way to do electric- driving dynamic of the chassis is tstill intact, the look. the sound is new, but this could be great- i dislike the electric look for electric sake.
it is a drive train.
but i do prefer the sound of the V12...

Actually I think you may have to supply the E-type yourself. It suggests the powertrain mod is fully reversable ( thumbsup! ) but why the hell would you do that to the interior!
To be fair, the interior does look like it was purchased at a Lidl sale. Nothing screams cheap tech like too much blue light.

I think it would have been better to just go simpler, a lot of the gauges would be redundant in an electric version, so just get rid of them. This car is gorgeous simple design, I would probably even forgo a radio and just have the bare essentials. It would be a perfect urban cruiser then.

My guess is they would put whatever dials you want into it and these pictures are just a way of distinguishing it as an electric in photos.

I think it would have been better to just go simpler, a lot of the gauges would be redundant in an electric version, so just get rid of them. This car is gorgeous simple design, I would probably even forgo a radio and just have the bare essentials. It would be a perfect urban cruiser then.

My guess is they would put whatever dials you want into it and these pictures are just a way of distinguishing it as an electric in photos.

If the powertrain is a reversible mod then you'd maybe want the dials back later, so an electronic solution is not a bad concept. The execution is vile though. Perhaps the dashboard is also an easily reversible mod, although that wasn't mentioned anywhere.

Repurposing the original dials would have been another solution - using the tach as a battery drain rate dial & something like the oil pressure for battery charge would tell you most of what you need to know.

If they make a completely new car based on the classic E-Type, nothing wrong with that I suppose. A bit weird, but just another chunk of metal.

But - it is sacrilege to hack fine vintage cars to pieces. If that's the plan, that is awful.

Last edited:
Im glad that they are reintroducing the style, and its a restomod and all, with a new interior and ****.

But really? couldn't they just improve on the original and make a new modernized inline 6 DOHC N/A? why the touchscreen multimedia replacing every knob? Why the electric engine? Why not manual? Why the "UGH SO FUTURE!" dashboard made out of monitors that will break easily and get scratched?

Kalashnikov has joined the rush of companies hoping to make it big with electric cars too.
Even if they use old design it looks legit, but for jaguar E is pure nonsense...

Why are people failing to get the concept that the car manufactures have put their hats in the ring marked 'electric' for future car power.........

Like it or lump it...its happening....
Being outraged by someone using the silhouette of an E type for an electric car is a waste of energy...no pun intended...

I'd buy that over i3 any day.

edit:
Even if they use old design it looks legit, but for jaguar E is pure nonsense...
I fail to see the difference.
Both are much more interesting electric cars than anything we have on the market, with jaguar even leading in terms of looks. Is the new model somehow de-legitimizing the brilliance of original cars?

Last edited:
Is the new model somehow de-legitimizing the brilliance of original cars?
Exactly, Jaguar E was a icon of racing/sports car and being raped (they convert old models from petrol to electric engine) is a blasphemy, different story the Kalashnikov car, a dull car being bring back in production (so new car and not a convert of old models) transformed in something new and even funnier than previous model is a different story...

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.2%