Cars The Need For Speed

I agree, the dash reflection seems a bit strong. As if the dash were white or grey. This was at 16:45 using the gbWSuite Filter. Glare quality off. Overall quality set to Low.

20181023130239_1.jpg

Just messing with some ideas I had... Was a lot easier to apply them stars to this one than to the Viper. If you guys like it I'll throw it in a folder and upload it. (After some refinement)
custom-showroom-1540235188.png

Screenshot-corvette-c4-zr1-ks-laguna-seca-22-10-118-22-20-14.jpg

It needs a license plate though. (@A3DR) Let's see if DMV can print me a fresh one...:D
I would advise you not to create skins until the final version is release, since I might change the diffuse texture in the next version, making the existing skins incompatible. That's why I didn't include templates.

I agree, the dash reflection seems a bit strong. As if the dash were white or grey. This was at 16:45 using the gbWSuite Filter. Glare quality off. Overall quality set to Low.

View attachment 275227

I kinda agree, the windscreen reflection simulation in AC sucks. It simply lights up the whole texture, whereas it should only brighten the spot where the sun shines on the dashboard. Unless I'm doing something wrong here...
I wonder if the Shaders Patch could improve the windscreen reflection...

Btw, I really hope you are all using the latest(-ish) Shaders Patch? Right?

Absolutely fantastic car, and I prefer its original raw and raspy sound to the mod that was recently uploaded.

Couple of minor cockpit details for @Some1: some of the LCD digits (eg the clock) aren't aligned parallel with the display (on the z-axis). It's hardly noticeable unless you're sticking your head up close and personal all around the cockpit in VR to appreciate the sublime detailing, but it is there in case you wanted to correct it.

Some maths: NFS cars + LA Canyons = sim racing heaven³

I'm using a vanilla game, other cars in the NFS pack don't show the same problem, though. I guess for now just a bit less opacity could be enough to put it in line with other content with angled windscreens.

Forgot about the license plate change, since @Some1 added the light to the texture, I'd need his template to create a new one.

Awcrap, I just realised that the Shaders Patch actually supports real license plate lights.
So the next version of the Vette will use the regular license plate texture (without additional lit one) and then you can easily create your own license plates (those who run AC without Shaders Patch, will not get the license plate lit, but its their loss, I guess). I'm pretty sure I also saw a feature for generating new license plates somewhere in ContentManager...

irLyb8N.jpg

I'm pretty sure I also saw a feature for generating new license plates somewhere in ContentManager...
It's in the paintshop, you just have to set the style of plates to use in cm_paintshop.json as long as it uses the standard texture names. I've submitted a few templates I made for the Monaco so you can probably hand them off to Ilja if you want more alternatives bundled with cm by default.
Code:
    {
      "type":"licensePlate",
      "style":"United States"
    },

Dude you outdid yourself. I been a fan of this car since its release and you hit the nail on the f***** head. Truly, truly appreciated you invested your time into this and the execution as previously stated is flawless. Who woulda thunk that an AC NFS mod brings out the best there is from artists around the world combining their skills and passion in such a creative and valuable fashion - hat is off!

This Corvette genuinely is one of the best cars to drive in all of AC. It looks absolutely stunning, and I feel like my younger self in NFS again wondering why the stupid gears are so long :) Jason did the physics I presume?

If my math is correct that would only leave the Porsche to complete the NFS grid?

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 407 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 258 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 277 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 121 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 163 27.7%
Back