Cars The Need For Speed

I also have physics for the Turbo. :redface:

Drool...:)

One question about your balance of performance with the NFS cars. When I set up a race with all of them I do get pretty consistent performance and times as expected but the RT/10 Viper is miles ahead of the field including the Ferrari and Lambo after like 3/4 of a lap at Tsukuba while the NSX was trailing badly like 8 seconds behind after 3 laps

I replaced the 512 with my SS version and that was able to keep up but only barely. I then switched to the Viper myself and sure enough outran everyone else easily.

Do I have an old version or is that car somehow just very much faster than all others?

PS: In the same race I handed my Alpina to the AI and it managed to place it midfield just after the A Class NFS cars so seems ok speed wise :).

That's an odd result... I tested them with the AI at a number of different styles of track and the Viper was consistently neck and neck with the Corvette, a second or two behind the class A cars, which were also tightly grouped. And the NSX should get some company in the lower tier with the 993.

That's an odd result... I tested them with the AI at a number of different styles of track and the Viper was consistently neck and neck with the Corvette, a second or two behind the class A cars, which were also tightly grouped. And the NSX should get some company in the lower tier with the 993.

Same here when running with the pack if the Viper is at front might hold up a while against the Diablo or 512 but no more than a lap or two until it gets passed by both of them.

Yeah, it's not far behind the exotics and at the right track (maybe Tsukuba) I could see its low CoG and big torque winning out over the higher, longer-legged Italians. Any track with a long straight ought to seal its fate, though. It has aero drag like a pickup truck. :roflmao:

At least at LA Canyons I find that the Viper has the advantage in the twistier sections of the circuit then as the road straightens out a bit the 512TR tends to dominate.

The 512TR weighs 1500 kg with 425HP

Viper is 1479kg with 400hp

Porsche 993 Turbo is 1500kg with 408HP

My gut tells me the 993 in the hands of someone that knows how to drive a Porsche will give the 512TR and Viper a good run for their money, haha. I can't wait !

There is a 1973 Porsche 911R Gruppe mod that I drive quite a bit at LAC. It has 330hp and weighs 1095kg. I can keep up with fastest NFS cars until the longer, straighter sections of LAC, then raw HP wins out.

Of course I'm on the edge, late braking and sliding the rear around the corners a bit, hahahaha.

Last edited:
In my testing the 993TT is absolutely a match for the A and B cars... closer to the B class, but sorta in between that and the A class. The 993 C2, however, is a better matchup in the lower tier.

I'm still not sure we're doing a widebody (Turbo) but I can almost promise we'll have the C4 to go along with the Carrera. (Porsche trivia - there's no such thing as a 993 C2. Everyone calls it that because it makes sense, but technically it's just the Carrera and Carrera 4.)

What about that 993 Turbo WLS II tho ? HAHA. With 444HP, it has long legs and the finesse to match. Only the Diablo could catch it, on a long straight away that is. :roflmao:

Don't know if anyone's seen this link (http://www.zeperfs.com/en/) before but it enables you compare up to 6 cars with detailed performance data + gives an overall score.
NFS.png

p.s
sdgsdgf.png

That... pretty closely matches what I see in AC, actually, bearing in mind we have the Spirit R rather than the base FD.

I'll run a couple of track days with the field and post some results in the next few days so you can see what I see. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The faster class cars are a fair bit quicker than the Viper at NJMP Lightning. Some there or thereabouts lap times at NJMP (it's my first time in some of these cars so heavy on the "thereabouts")

All cars on SV tyres with stock setup other than TC off, tyre pressure adjustment and 30ltrs fuel.

Ferrari 512TR - 1:13.064
Lamborghini Diablo - 1:13.300
Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 - 1:14.008
Dodge Viper RT/10 - 1:14.235
Mazda RX7 Spirit R - 1:14.807

[QUOTE="I'll run a couple of track days with the field and post some results in the next few days so you can see what I see. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Untitled.png

Cool - I'm curious to know what the 993's time around the Monza '66 Road Course would be.
(only if convenient of course).

View attachment 279036

Last edited:
Sure, I can run Monza 66. All I have to do is set up an AI field, pick a track, hit CTRL-C to give the AI control of my car, and wander off to do some work for 45 minutes. :D

Thanks for the reminder. Busy season with work these days, and my AC time has been taken up by trying to sort out the NSX.

Sure, I can run Monza 66. All I have to do is set up an AI field, pick a track, hit CTRL-C to give the AI control of my car, and wander off to do some work for 45 minutes. :D

Thanks for the reminder. Busy season with work these days, and my AC time has been taken up by trying to sort out the NSX.

Thanks very much indeed! :)

20181121192407_1.jpg

If you can't read from the pic it's 1:44.208 with Aphidgod's settings. Lots of comments by drivers about 911's ring true when driving this car which can only be a good sign :thumbsup:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 21 17.1%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 0.8%