Cars The Need For Speed

I'm going to guess that a model is unlikely to happen, so "proper" is a relative thing here... but the physics should at least be alright. Will probably have to be a PM-for-delivery kind of deal though. :ninja:
Hmm it's a tough one, I was considering a 348 as an extra addition to these cars... as well as a Lotus Esprit S4S... but if you're doing the 355 physics, might not be too far from the 348... we'll see when the time comes I guess ;)

Sorry for bumping this needlessly but I wanted to share something I found regarding the Viper.

In YouTube I follow a dude who owns plenty of cars, one of them being a Viper similar to the one A3DR made. He just got an interesting aftermarket package of roof and windows, which does look very different -and in my honest opinion, better, even without paint- than the roof contained in the AC mod. Here's the video:

What do you think? I'm aware the Viper is probably 100% finished by now, and it surely won't be easy to soruce blueprints for this thing, but I don't think sharing this will harm anyone. :)

There are actually several different hard tops that have been made for those cars throughout the years. The one A3DR did was the factory Mopar version, so it would be the only "correct" one so to speak. It does look funny as my mom owns one and it definitely looks like an afterthought, but it works well enough. Autoform was one of the companies that has built some of the different tops over the years. They have a lower profile hardtop that's actually three pieces that will fit in the trunk of the car. The one in your video gives it more of a second generation coupe look.

^ We need to talk. :D
Awww yeah!

"Wonder Twins power....Activate!! Shape of...A Ferrari!! Form of....Awesome physics files!!"

ZUdpyHa.jpg

One car that I would love to see re-done by @A3DR (sorry for saying this again) is the Ferrari 288 GTO. One of the poster cars of the 80s and one of the most beautiful cars for me. The official AC one just doesn't do it justice for me. I am not sure why, but it looks just bland and rushed, not what such a beast deserves. Something about the proportions, the curves.. or are the wheels too small, at least the rear ones? Or is it the painting, the ride height, the details? No idea. Only my impression? It doesn't look mean and tight as it should.
Here. AC:
upload_2019-3-26_21-12-31.png

Real (ok different angle, but the car is definitely lower, isn't it?):
upload_2019-3-26_21-0-21.png

I am sure that with his magic hands he would make it shine like the 512TR or the Diablo which to me are the best car models for AC ever created.

Last edited:
@Some1, thanks for the high quality mod! Amazing car.

I made a little video trailer, enjoy watching.

Amazing work, as usual. The music is perfect!

One car that I would love to see re-done by @A3DR (sorry for saying this again) is the Ferrari 288 GTO. One of the poster cars of the 80s and one of the most beautiful cars for me. The official AC one just doesn't do it justice for me. I am not sure why, but it looks just bland and rushed, not what such a beast deserves. Something about the proportions, the curves.. or are the wheels too small, at least the rear ones? Or is it the painting, the ride height, the details? No idea. Only my impression? It doesn't look mean and tight as it should.
Here. AC:
View attachment 298440
Real (ok different angle, but the car is definitely lower, isn't it?):
View attachment 298433

I am sure that with his magic hands he would make it shine like the 512TR or the Diablo which to me are the best car models for AC ever created.
While I'd love to take on the GTO, I don't consider it's worth the trouble. Don't get me wrong, to me it's the most sexy Ferrari ever, and I've actually pointed out a couple of things that needed fixing when it was released, Gergo took note and they were fixed later.
Overall is a good model, but still lacks a couple of details like the exposed headlights for example, they just don't look good, need better shader work, and those make up for a big part of the front look.
Another more complex problem I see is with the front fenders arc or "bulge", is like they're not curved or wide enough, look too flat compared with the real car. Here's a closer shot to compare with the real pic:

__custom_showroom_1553615210.jpg

Obviously down to camera angles and such but this curve feels much swoopier on the real car. The model's takes up too much of the door or something and ends up a shallower curve.
DdXwDOt.jpg

I believe it's also the high point of the hood whereas AC's has the center of the hood, but you'd need the exact right photo to be sure on that.

Oh my, the GTO, most beautiful car ever made. I fell in love with the flared fenders and the curved waist line when I had a matchbox GTO some 35 years ago, and for what it's worth I very recently bought me a Momo Monte Carlo steering wheel for Assetto Corsa,...because of this car:redface::p. Not being an expert of course, but I cant find any fault with the original Kunos car, actually think they really have nailed it, inside and out.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 20 9.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • Yearly

Votes: 18 8.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 3 1.5%