Cars The Need For Speed

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 227
There might be a very nice McLaren F1 in the works, somewhere round here... :x3:

Hey 'Fat-Alfie' - I just noticed from your signature that you're one of top rated track designers.
Have you ever thought about recreating the original NFS locations? Can't we tempt you? hehe

mclaren14.jpg

Last edited:
I paid for a 959 here: https://www.assettodrive.net/porsche-959
(I also went for the 930 Turbo and standard McLaren F1)

View attachment 320207
Yeah, paying for a Forza rip, good, now let's talk about bananas and potatoes while we're here, right?

A road going F1, seriously?:confused:
tell us moooore!!!
Not in this thread, thanks!

Back on the subject, went with the MXX3 tires, as they seemed to be the most common from all the pics I've gathered of cars for sale.
screenshot005.jpg

Since the textures are hand made, some pics of the whole process:

Baking with high res model to low, to get the AO and Normal maps on the tread
Screenshot_2.jpg

Building the sidewalls from a straightened side pic of the tire using vector drawing and some text on top of the real pic, and then made it round again to bake the Normal maps
Screenshot_4.jpg

Shame there wasn’t a Porsche 959 in Need for Speed. Have you ever thought about modelling one @A3DR?
It's the one famous Porsche which is missing as a high quality mod.
I absolutely second that. Have been quite a bit disappointed that it wasn't included in one of the Porsche packs. The 959 would have been such a good match for the F40 and the Countach.

Sorry for OT... I'm pretty excited about the 993, this will be one of my new favourite cars in AC, I guess.

Last edited:
Showing it in the same green as in NFS can't be a coincidence. :geek:

Btw, you mentioned interest in working on a S4S Esprit some pages back. If keeping with the classic NFS theme, NFS II had a Esprit V8 with similar body style. I wonder which would better match current class B, as even the lower powered S4S has incredible acceleration.

So many good options for 90s cars left to do... I have physics for the McLaren F1 and Ferrari F355 F1. Haven't worked on an Esprit, but it was one of my favorite cars as a kid. We'll find a way to keep busy, I'm sure. ;)

LOL well, I think the outside is good to go, at 130k triangles including wheels. Except for the insides of the lights which I'll do later, and maybe some underside bits, it's done.
(missing the Porsche logo, I know)

View attachment 320245
View attachment 320244
View attachment 320243
View attachment 320242

I don't know if it's just me, but the shape of the rear side windows looks slightly off to me, the rear end of the window should be a bit more rounded, with the rounding on the bottom part of the window not starting quite as early.

Looks fantastic overall though, and I absolutely can't wait to drive this car in AC!

What about Over Drivin' Nissan and Skyline memorials? Its kinda wierd but do they have any interesting cars?

Also is there any possibility of 993 Turbo S?
If you consider the R32 and R33 interesting.

Matheus and I are working on getting an R33 out, and there's a bunch of R32 rips out there. I'm doing my part to get the physics out there. Anyone interested in scratch modelling an R32? :thumbsup:

What about Over Drivin' Nissan and Skyline memorials? Its kinda wierd but do they have any interesting cars?

Also is there any possibility of 993 Turbo S?
If you consider the R32 and R33 interesting.

Matheus and I are working on getting an R33 out, and there's a bunch of R32 rips out there. I'm doing my part to get the physics out there. Anyone interested in scratch modelling an R32? :thumbsup:

The R33 actually has a classical NFS background in the main series, it was available in the Japanese version of NFS High Stakes and as such also downloadable for other PC versions :thumbsup:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 243 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 162 18.7%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 24 2.8%