Cars The Need For Speed

Porsche blueprints are always somewhat of an afterthought - surprised they worked so well for you on this but I also suspect that the blueprint you're using is not official Porsche?!

Either way thanks for documenting the progress and, as always, looks great!! The photo line up really worked well on this one.

Thanks, and who knows, might be official or not, it works. This is what's written on it:
993.jpg

Hm, this 993 in AC will be probably the best version of a 993 ever in any video game. I can't event think of any recent (-ish) game that would feature a regular 993 (and not the GT-something variant).
I think we can say the same for all the cars, included yours. Since 90's cars are hard to get CAD data even from the manufaturer itself, takes an extra effort and dedication to get them right. Can't expect that a big team of developers will care the same as we do for each model. They may have more resources, sure, but also deadlines to comply, which only complicates things and leads to rushed results.

Well, Need For Speed 2015 and Payback have the Carrera S.. :whistling:
Any good?

Worked out more details, fixed bits here and there, so checking out reflections to get an idea of how surfaces look.
screenshot000.jpg

screenshot001.jpg

screenshot002.jpg

screenshot004.jpg

screenshot003.jpg

Is this 993 a US spec? The headlights look odd to me, I've never seen ones that firstly aren't perfectly round and also potrude out of the fenders to this extent.
unknown.png

unknown.png

I think we can say the same for all the cars, included yours. Since 90's cars are hard to get CAD data even from the manufaturer itself, takes an extra effort and dedication to get them right. Can't expect that a big team of developers will care the same as we do for each model. They may have more resources, sure, but also deadlines to comply, which only complicates things and leads to rushed results.

Any good?

Worked out more details, fixed bits here and there, so checking out reflections to get an idea of how surfaces look.
View attachment 319802
View attachment 319801
View attachment 319800
View attachment 319798
View attachment 319799

Stunning! :thumbsup:

OMG, I cannot wait! The Porsche 993 is my favourite car of all time. I always chose that car in TNFS as a little kid, and I've generally been a Porsche fan all my life, with the 993 being my favourite. I'm so happy to finally see this car coming to Assetto Corsa! You're doing god's work, @A3DR !

Nothing to do with US spec or not, they aren't perfectly round IRL either, except for the inner part. Protruding glass is just fine, will be less noticeable when it's clear.

They're oval but what I think he means is the angle of the outer headlight cover which is angled to line up with the chrome sealing on bottom...

RGPTMhR.png

@Mirta27 As for US spec, the EU ones do not have the rubber anti collision bushings front and rear so as all other NFS cars this is a US spec car.

They're oval but what I think he means is the angle of the outer headlight cover which is angled to line up with the chrome sealing on bottom...

RGPTMhR.png

I know, had to do the inside first to make sure it fits and then build the glass around it, now it looks like it should:
screenshot009.jpg

screenshot010.jpg

screenshot011.jpg

Of course no texturing yet, so the rest of the details will come later (no need for more geometry there, normal maps will do the rest).

One small detail (and I’m almost ashamed to admit that I know it) - right hand side mirror is moved to the back compared to the left one. It’s a classic porsche thing. If the right one was in symmetrical position it would be obstructed by the A pillar from the driver's pov.

View attachment 319894
View attachment 319895

Photos taken from this site:
https://www.manhattanmotorsports.com/product/porsche-993-coupe/
Nice, I'll keep that in mind so once the mapping is done I can move it in that position :thumbsup:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 183 66.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 117 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 126 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 53 19.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 75 27.4%
Back