Cars The Need For Speed

Getting close to the final stages of interior modeling

screenshot045.jpg

screenshot047.jpg

Pop-up cassette holders are back with a vengeance. I could swear they were at some point in one of your other cars (the 512TR maybe?), but that could be just on the reference pictures for those without a CD player.

Pop-up cassette holders are back with a vengeance. I could swear they were at some point in one of your other cars (the 512TR maybe?), but that could be just on the reference pictures for those without a CD player.
It was on the 512, yes, but I believe it was an aftermarket thing. At least it wasn't all that common, I could hardly find any interior pics with it.
On the Porsche it seems every car came with it, except when the head unit had a CD player, which came obviously with CD holders from factory.

Cassette tape holders might be a german aftermarket thing. My father also has a Fischer C-Box for 10 cassette tapes in his 300 CE Mercedes.

Yep they were mostly dealer fitted OEM equipment but many came off the line like that. Practically every 80s BMW I ever had was fitted with one of those 6 cassette holder boxes.

Makes Center consoles with storage spaces instead very rare.

Ironically the one 80s bimmer I'm modeling did not come with it...probably too techy.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 482 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 294 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 147 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.4%
Back