Cars The Need For Speed

Where is this information coming from @SunBro ?

Edit: Oh you are guessing... well I hope it is not going to break things up, basically only sound has been breaking car mods in the past.
Oh no dude no breaking. To the contrary, it will make you guys very happy. I don't know the details but 1.15 is supposed to add a lot of extra options for physics modding. Afaik, no radical fmod updates are planned for 1.15.

Edit: I was guessing the details of changes. It's a fact that @kunos made some updates for modders in 1.15

Edit 2: He even added some other universal optional features like "abs effect"(don't remember the exact name) which will make the wheel rattle when abs comes into effect.

@SunBro the only new feature I have heard of is some alternate input for Inertia, which right now is pretty much a guessing game. But apart from that I can't remember anything really.

There has been plenty of posts regarding analog&digital instruments on the main forum, stuff where the answers so far were "sorry you can't do that", and me and other guys suggested adding some sort of modular system (LUT based of the existing inputs) which would also help the main Kunos Devs with whatever car and instrumentation they may need to do in the future, but I don't think any Dev ever directly commented this idea yet.

@SunBro the only new feature I have heard of is some alternate input for Inertia, which right now is pretty much a guessing game. But apart from that I can't remember anything really.

There has been plenty of posts regarding analog&digital instruments on the main forum, stuff where the answers so far were "sorry you can't do that", and me and other guys suggested adding some sort of modular system (LUT based of the existing inputs) which would also help the main Kunos Devs with whatever car and instrumentation they may need to do in the future, but I don't think any Dev ever directly commented this idea yet.
I remember seeing a couple of other things(mostly aero) be mentioned by the others in the official forums and then lord steps in and says other optional stuff is planned too but he can't say anything because stuff always gets removed/added until the last minute.

I remember seeing a couple of other things(mostly aero) be mentioned by the others in the official forums and then lord steps in and says other optional stuff is planned too but he can't say anything because stuff always gets removed/added until the last minute.
Just the ability to bind the headlight button to a wing controller, ie for popup headlights. Not confirmed its happening but its more than possible. Nothing to get too excited about,

Some people in this thread really need to not make their wild guesses seem as if they are fact. There will be additional options for modders (nothing that I understand in the slightest) but mods aren't going to be broken.

anyways.....

Both of these cars drive badass IMO; pretty much what I would expect out of them. Funny that the complaints come from the Ferrari because it feels right in line with how the official Ferrari's drive to me. The Diablo might be the worlds least understeering 90's AWD car, but whatever, it is a blast to drive. If anything it makes the rear end on the JOTA feel a bit numb and slick after spending some time in the VT.

So, I gotta be that guy and ask, simply because I am giddy at the thought....which is next, Vette or Viper?

---------
edit
---------
Crap, just seen an update for these two cars are out...hope they still drive similar to before...downloading now!

200.webp

:D

Don't worry, they drive the same. All I did to the 512 was add a little more anti-dive and the Diablo got some bumpstop work to keep the wheel from popping through the fender at super high loads. It spends most of its time off the bumpstops so you'll rarely even encounter the change.

The Diablo understeers so little for an AWD because it's barely an AWD. The front only gets torque when the rear starts to slip, and even then only about 15%.

Some people in this thread really need to not make their wild guesses seem as if they are fact. There will be additional options for modders (nothing that I understand in the slightest) but mods aren't going to be broken.

My apologies to @A3DR and @aphidgod for further off topic but i never said mods will be broken. I never said modders will have to make revisions either. I just said options for modders will be added. I typed it in bold that the addition of optional features are a fact. How many? I do not know and i said before i do not know. My only guess was @kunos finding some stuff during the construction of ferrari cars and making some changes but since the man himself said "there will be no core physics changes in 1.15" that guess is very weak. But still a guess nevertheless.

I hate libel i guess :)

Well, we know there will be modding-related changes, 100% for certain. We know very little about what they will be and even less about whether we'll have to do any updates to existing content because of them. If so, then so. No big deal.

It never hurts to revisit old cars anyway. I, as a human, improve with every project and I can usually find something to fix when I've got the files open.

Indeed. The 512 is on the softer side (again, it's a GT car, not a trackday special) but it's not even the softest car in the NFS roster. Comparing ride frequencies, the Corvette is the softest and the 993 Carrera is near enough the Ferrari to make no difference. Road cars... meant for public roads and driveways and speed bumps and stuff. The Diablo is the outlier - way stiffer than everything else in the pack.

Maybe the contrast between these two cars catches some people out? I know you'll have a miserable time in the 512 if you make sharp control inputs or try to toss the rear end around. You have to be smooth, slow down a bit and let the suspension settle before you add more inputs. Once you find the rhythm it's wonderful, and every bit as quick as the Diablo at most tracks.
I guess people just have to get used to how cars, even high-end sportscars, used to drive. Modern road cars are all fairly stiff in comparison.

When you look at real pictures from a 512TR, one thing that is very noticeable is how high from the ground the long front stands (maybe even higher than the 84's front skirt). It really shows how the car was thought for daily life, and not for track while still being safe to floor in the highway. And if you've even been to old/touristic coastal roads between the Monaco and Genova area, which I presume many costumers of the time have been through, a track setup would be a pain to drive so not to destroy the car at every bump, "tornante", or ramp. English GTs also looked quite high and soft to cope with the winding bumpy old roads leading to cottages. Anyway, the Rossa/512TR comes as a late sucessor to the Daytona series, after the 365 GT4 BB/512BB went mid-engine while still having to appease the GT sensibilities of the predecessor.

European roads >25 years ago were much different from nowadays, mostly when far from cities and on winding landscapes (many old roads still follow the ancient Roman trace) so even these cars had to be prepared for it.

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%