Cars The Need For Speed

Sadly this toxicity is prevalent everywhere. If I were a modder I'd avoid the forums and have someone else upload my work and only communicate with a select group of people regarding my mods. I get annoyed with the posts by these toxic fools and their comments aren't even directed at me.

You all are magicians and I truly appreciate your efforts ! AC wouldn't be AC without this great modding community.

I doubt he will return. I've also thought the same way on occasion to be honest. This "community" can be very toxic and you often wonder if it deserves all that it gets.
A community that thinks that has a "right" to get AAA content for free and complain about it, It really doesn't deserves it. Of course some of you guys are thankful and always supporting us, you know who you are. The rest, **ck them, I couldn't care less either. But then, I'm a different person and I've learned to ignore those pricks, I get a lot of enjoyment out of building these cars and I don't mind sharing them with you guys.

Anyway, let's not get too far off our thread. Btw, I'll be looking for a physics expert to work with in the future :cool:

Damn, that really sucks knowing he's done :( I still sometimes think about being done with sim racing myself seeing how toxic it can be when real life can be bad enough at times. Glad to see you're sticking around @A3DR !

Sorry for the further off topic post...

A community that thinks that has a "right" to get AAA content for free and complain about it, It really doesn't deserves it. Of course some of you guys are thankful and always supporting us, you know who you are. The rest, **ck them, I couldn't care less either. But then, I'm a different person and I've learned to ignore those pricks, I get a lot of enjoyment out of building these cars and I don't mind sharing them with you guys.

Anyway, let's not get too far off our thread. Btw, I'll be looking for a physics expert to work with in the future :cool:
Too bad some modders take feedback as complaints.

I personally could imagine that a post consisting out of a quote and a oneliner that does nothing but completely twist said quote would not be considered feedback but rather something you should ignore. But that's just me being me.

I could also imagine that constructive feedback would rather be considered "always supporting", but again that's just a little thought that crossed my mind.

Sad to hear that aphidgod is no longer working on this, especially since those screenshots look absolutely tasty. I am a huge fan of the RSS not-Viper and I've really started to enjoy streetcars, both modded and KS Originals, quite recently, so I am absolutely looking forward to see more of this.

It's not the "feedback" as much as the "gimme gimme gimme" attitude. Right after something is released instantly it's "what's next?" or "can you make this?" and it gets old real fast.

@A3DR Disagree all you want? I wasn't talking about anyone or any quote mentioned, I'm talking about you basically saying f*** anyone who dares saying anything but praise, and my experience of modders getting aggressive over nothing. As much as I respect you as a modder - no thanks, if that's what you mean. A mod being free doesn't mean the modder has the right to be an arrogant dick to people talking about their work and takes away the "right" of people to express their opinion, experiences and to point out issues. If the modder doesn't want to be exposed to critique (= constructive criticism) they shouldn't open a thread about/upload it on a platform with reviewing functionality, because why bother? And if someone goes too far why not just flag a post and let moderation handle it? Expectations for polite interaction between modders and community go both ways, some modders seem to forget that. And again, I wasn't talking about you or Aphigod or anyone in this thread.

Depends on the feedback I guess.
Constructive criticism, what else?

It's not the "feedback" as much as the "gimme gimme gimme" attitude. Right after something is released instantly it's "what's next?" or "can you make this?" and it gets old real fast.
I agree, that's understandable.
Take it easy, that's what I meant with my disagreement to your comment. I know it wasn't pointed at me, it was not what I was going for that's all, it was just what Lilski said.

real sad news, first RSR will shut down their service, now this great modder loosing interest on keep modding (at least for now) and I totally support him. Sometimes we write stuff with some humor tone but they might be interpreted the wrong way, sometimes people ask for more cars without knowing the work behind that.
Too bad. Let's hope he does some mods of their liking at least.

Well i guess after few years of modding, when you see how some people review some nice content, you don't have time anymore to fight these "battles" with no purpose. And even if a lot of people try to give feedback, good or bad, these disapointments can "kill" someone.
A true shame :/

Perhaps modders should include the number of hours and months it took to create the content they upload to RD. This might help some people realize the time and effort it takes to create cars, tracks, etc.

I've gained a healthy respect for modders after lurking a few of the threads here at RD. I am continuously amazed at the dedication , attention to detail and sheer will you all have to start a project, see it through to completion and then to continously update it until you are satisfied with the final version. The level of passion and discipline is impressive, akin to a top tier professional athlete or business owner, except in most cases you all aren't be financially compensated.

Although the experience and practice you gain from these personal passion projects is priceless !

I guess it is hard to take so much negativity over time, like people complaining about paying the amount they earn in an hour at work for something the creator spent months working on. And with showing appreciation for mods, unfortunately the majority of happy customers/downloaders say nothing, I'm certainly guilty of that.

Though to Aphigod, thank you for your work. I can respect making the bold move to just step away, and for entirely selfish reasons I may not like it. But obviously, you're the one putting time and effort in, so what I think doesn't mean anything. Just make yourself happy, good luck. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I guess it is hard to take so much negativity over time, like people complaining about paying the amount they earn in an hour at work for something the creator spent months working on. And with showing appreciation for mods, unfortunately the majority of happy customers/downloaders say nothing, I'm certainly guilty of that.

Though to Aphigod, thank you for your work. I can respect making the bold move to just step away, and for entirely selfish reasons I may not like it. But obviously, you're the one putting time and effort in, so what I think doesn't mean anything. Just make yourself happy, good luck. :thumbsup:

Sorry, somehow managed to double post. Don't ask how I did it, because I don't know. Let's just go with "I'm not a smart cookie. I eat cookies, but do not harness their intellectual power."

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%