Cars The Need For Speed

Glava Zete I guess

It is Glava Zete, the new version with all those insane details.

Been working on a suspension upgrade (springs, dampers, anti roll bars) as well as brakes for the 512TR. With the right setup it easily hits below 8:15 on the Nordschleife and you can shovel it around nicely on the stock semislicks. Will release it after some final testing. The Diablo SV got an 8:09.xxx in 1997 on Pirelli P Zeros.

COYHga5.jpg

That is such a beautiful shot of how much detail went into this car - I forget the person's name who supplied the textures for the speedo & tach - but he did an amazing job.

I really wish that more people took advantage of the ability to add a dirt/wear layer on the car's paint. It looks awesome.

Haha :D you`re seeing that person here from time to time. Thanks I tried to be as accurate as possible :)

Why not™
GTCHMhF.jpg
Let me know if you want the Michelin slicks textures I've already done for it

I really wish that more people took advantage of the ability to add a dirt/wear layer on the car's paint. It looks awesome.
True that, I don't care about damage on road cars (since AC it's horrible in that aspect anyway) but a nice layer of dirt is a must. Though sometimes I need to tone it down a bit, like this pre-release shot of the dirty Viper after completing a Northbound run at PCH:

Screenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_pacific_coast_18-3-118-17-26-52.jpg

It's easy to go over the edge... :roflmao: (also pre-release shots)
Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_ebisu_kita_29-10-117-18-48-17.jpg

Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_imola_29-10-117-19-4-50.jpg

True that, I don't care about damage on road cars (since AC it's horrible in that aspect anyway) but a nice layer of dirt is a must. Though sometimes I need to tone it down a bit, like this pre-release shot of the dirty Viper after completing a Northbound run at PCH:
How fast does it get dirty? I kinda like to have cars in pristine conditions at all times, kinda unrealistic, but oh well.. :)

How fast does it get dirty? I kinda like to have cars in pristine conditions at all times, kinda unrealistic, but oh well.. :)

I think it depends on how much you go offroading ;) From my observation it speeds up the process. Except from that it's rather slow.

You can always choose the default shader (ksPerPixelMultiMap) without the damage and dirt and it'll always be clean :) that's why the dirt layer must be subtle, it gets dirty even if you're not going off road but is not very noticeable after many km of asphalt, depends on the road surface as well.

@Some1 found these amongst my car manuals, forgot I've got these catalogs back in 2003 to use as reference to build the C3 I've modeled back then

IMG_20180404_151719.jpg

Has a lot of useful clean pics of parts like this:

IMG_20180404_152017.jpg

And interesting options
IMG_20180404_152159.jpg

IMG_20180404_152324.jpg

So if you're looking for a certain detail let me know, there are a lot of part catalogs as well as accesories and OEM parts with pics and good descriptions with some technical bits here and there.

@Some1 found these amongst my car manuals, forgot I've got these catalogs back in 2003 to use as reference to build the C3 I've modeled back then

View attachment 244968

Has a lot of useful clean pics of parts like this:

View attachment 244972

And interesting options
View attachment 244971
View attachment 244969

So if you're looking for a certain detail let me know, there are a lot of part catalogs as well as accesories and OEM parts with pics and good descriptions with some technical bits here and there.
3D Modelling before ebay was a thing, I can only imagine :D :roflmao:

3D Modelling before ebay was a thing, I can only imagine :D :roflmao:

Hehe that's how it was, having this kind of resources back then was gold :roflmao:

Amplified just released a great sound mod for the Viper. It should be included as the default sound.
The sound needs to be perfect to be included with the release of the car, otherwise I'd need to update it every time it changes, if ever.
Still needs a lot of work, so if it gets done I'll talk to him about it. For now I prefer to leave it as is.

Amplified just released a great sound mod for the Viper. It should be included as the default sound.

I'd argue it shouldn't as the external audio sounds nothing like a stock 1995 Dodge Viper's exhaust note. Better to look at this mod like a 3rd party exhaust modification, for the time being.

Perhaps the modder listened to a Viper with modified exhaust.

The Viper RT10 engine has a low end growl which the default sound captures. This mod is much higher in pitch.

Like I said, more like a 3rd party exhaust mod

I will gladly take an aftermarket exhaust sound over the monotone hum of the stock. Vipers have never been known for their awesome sound, and with good reason. It has a truck motor that didn't even sound good when it was in a truck.

I would too but that sound in its current version is almost unusable due to the volume differences. Try your headphones and then go to any of the outside views and your head will explode. It's a super cool early version but needs tweaking in volume and pitch as had been mentioned before.

I will gladly take an aftermarket exhaust sound over the monotone hum of the stock. Vipers have never been known for their awesome sound, and with good reason. It has a truck motor that didn't even sound good when it was in a truck.
The V10 was never a truck engine. It was originally based off the 360 LA engine family which dates back to 71 and was put in nearly everything. the 318 and 340 are also in the LA family. The LA family was basically their "small block" line of V8s. Yes it was primarily used in trucks in the 90s and early 2000s as most cars were no longer using V8s by then. But it was never specifically a "truck" engine. They added two cylinders and increased the stroke and it was originally an iron block. Lamborghini then helped them make the block and heads aluminum.

The actual V10 was put in one truck which was the Ram SRT-10.

I feel the need... The Need for Speed.... Thanks a ton Dan :)
View attachment 245103
View attachment 245104

Oh yes!! we might need to come up with some custom branding for them, work, work, work :D

View attachment 245116
Cosmic girl in California... I even tried to countersteer to no avail :roflmao:

That's usually how my runs end up on all of Phoenix77 tracks :roflmao::roflmao:

I hadn't noticed that, but even if fixed I can understand not including it with the car simply due it it not being 'period correct' or 'stock' sounding.

It's simply due to the fact that I don't like it at this stage, so it won't go with MY car. If the sound ever gets perfected to the point of being the same as a stock Viper and Kunos quality at least, I'd gladly take it.
Otherwise it'll remain as an option for those who consider it's worth it.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 482 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 294 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 147 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.4%
Back