The W.I.P. Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the love of all things internally combustible there must be at least one modder that loves the bandit trans am as much as me.....

Great work so far guys, I'm so jealous of your skills...can't wait until we get to try them in AC.

Hi, I started to model a basic Miata NA a few days ago, and I just found this topic :)
As I see the Spec Miata is about the NC car right?

Here is few pictures of my model of course still wip:

20_zpsfd6d904f.jpg

17_zps7ab89cb7.jpg

12_zps02a6e091.jpg

That is looking pretty good already! The MX-5/Miata is definitely a must have car for AC, whether it is the spec racing car or the standard road car. I will be following this topic, hopefully Wardez sees your message. :)

My man, that looks fantastic already!

We actually have switched focus to NA as it's a lot more pure in the sense of racing Spec Miatas.

Would you like to team up?

I have an excellent source for references of all type, interior and exterior right here in this gallery as well btw:

It's an NB but the only different to the NA in the interior is the dash, otherwise this is a great reference for the little details!

http://www.dannysteynracing.com/best-damn-spec-miata-period.htm

haha, great to hear.

A lot of us in the group actually just happen to have, or have had, Miatas, so it's destiny really :D

We also had a couple league series sponsored by Flyin' Miata. Which may come back again for the league we set up with this mini-mod.

Yeah, that'd be the way to go. It's gonna be so fun to race, can't wait.

I have all of the stat's we'd ever need for it as well, so just let me know if you'd need anything else. I have a friend, John Wilding, that runs Spec Miata at Sebring who can hopefully record sound for us. Then we have coders in our league already as well. We should be able to kick ass together. Looking forward to it, and getting to you know you more.

Cheers,
Eddie

Thats great to hear Hampus!
Yea this is my first try at this, I am studying architecture at Uni, and I had to learn there how to use photoshop and 3ds max, so I know basic modelling and how to paint a skin and now I utilize that knowledge :D

Great to hear you're both working together on this mod, It's looking really nice at this early stage! :thumbsup: If you're making the spec race version, please make the road car too - I would love to have both in the game. Best of luck with the project. :)

very good work,but looking at those scanning techniques saddens me.

to use a scanned data,you have to have a license as well,companies also license the use of miniuatures if they intend to scan them. (at least I know one,but they will not say the scan miniature instead of the real thing....)

It is not any better than a mere conversion from game to game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 413 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 261 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 282 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 165 27.6%
Back