The W.I.P. Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel free to ignore this (yes the article attracted critics -- hey, I like mods to be the best they can be)

It looks like the hood's a little too flat on top, to me. I traced what I mean on a photo:
yEHSRQm.jpg

The fender's a fair bit higher than the hood by the time it reaches the front of the car - I don't see this reflected accurately in your model, although it's quite possible the screenshots are just leaving it vague.
I also traced out the near-side stripe, since that gives a pretty good indication of the way the hood's curved.

Below the turn signal, the chromed bumper seems a little too straight-across as well. I stroked out the shape I see in the bottom left of the image - probably exaggerated slightly but only to give a better idea of what I'm talking about.

Feel free to ignore this (yes the article attracted critics -- hey, I like mods to be the best they can be)

It looks like the hood's a little too flat on top, to me. I traced what I mean on a photo:
The fender's a fair bit higher than the hood by the time it reaches the front of the car - I don't see this reflected accurately in your model, although it's quite possible the screenshots are just leaving it vague.
I also traced out the near-side stripe, since that gives a pretty good indication of the way the hood's curved.

Below the turn signal, the chromed bumper seems a little too straight-across as well. I stroked out the shape I see in the bottom left of the image - probably exaggerated slightly but only to give a better idea of what I'm talking about.

I`ll do my best to make it acurate,but i am not a proffesional modeller and so even if i use pictures and have all the info,my eyes might trick me...But i`ll do my best.:thumbsup:

EDIT*

Looks better now,i think...

Mini14_zpsc936dc45.jpg

This is the most difficult exercice, "detect fail and redo". :confused:

It's impossible thing to do not mistake shape somewhere, but update the shape is what that make a great model!

Now, I am more confident than I was already! Thanks Dinca for the great work :thumbsup:

This is the most difficult exercice, "detect fail and redo". :confused:

It's impossible thing to do not mistake shape somewhere, but update the shape is what that make a great model!

Now, I am more confident than I was already! Thanks Dinca for the great work :thumbsup:
Yep, fixing stuff that is inaccurate is a very slow and boring process, but it's great when you look at the result and it looks just like the real thing. :D

Thank you very much for that spot Stereo, it's something I hadn't noticed before, but now looking back on the old screen shots I can see what you were saying. Constructive criticism at its best. :D

Amazing stuff! Really its a pleasure to see this mod developing :)

Btw. how many polys this Mini will have? I'm asking because of optimization - I'd like to put whole grid of this lovely cars at once - and still be able to drive! :D

Amazing stuff! Really its a pleasure to see this mod developing :)

Btw. how many polys this Mini will have? I'm asking because of optimization - I'd like to put whole grid of this lovely cars at once - and still be able to drive! :D

The full model will have around same amount of poly as AC models thats between 50.000 and 70.000 polys.
Right now the model has 20.000 polys without the wheels.
One wheel has 5.000 poly...i think its to much but we will see.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 413 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 261 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 282 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 165 27.6%
Back