The W.I.P Thread

I wouldn't want to give an opinion on your work, because sometimes words can be taken out of context and cause offence.

The most important thing is that you yourself is happy with what you have done, and I have actually said this before to you. Why should you care what Supla or myself or anyone else thinks about your car? I know I don't wonder about these things....if I'm happy with it, that's enough for me.

But just because someone wants to put a little bit more time and effort into a car or project......don't say "here mate want some tips to make yourself as quick as me?".
Exactly.I do how i like it.I rather do it slowly to make it perfect than messed up.I prefer the same opinion as you:)

McLaren speccop is to musch messy.... they got wrong color... etc so about editing whole picture to be purple gradient.... i didnt know at all how to do. So McLaren got Purple square.... may be its important but still not so bad in game.

But about photoshop, you may be need some tip to be faster ^^ if you have concern about it just ask in pm

What are you talking bout - its already a month that I've been working on a 2XHD Williams. I still am not rushing it to release it until its 100% alright. Every pixel has to be razor sharp and every design must line up perfect and must not remain anything from the original car.

You might be happy as long as a "renault" looks like a "renault". You don't do screws,nuts,sharp skin or even carbon. Its your style - i can't force you to change it.

And about the Mclaren specocc...what's so different about it? Couldn't figure out how to use a whiter specocc? Don't take it as an offense but looks like you are the one who needs some photoshop tips LOL.

Renault steering wheel
86664ea1fb68b.jpg

I'm agree but now, i never got complain about the quality of my car. Surely its not done carefully like you did. But people here look ok with what i have released.

If i got more complain or thing to correct, i will adjust it but its never happen and best modder like you, suppla, pebz never give me any opinion about i did.

Just Warok did it and he told me i've make a lot of improvement since my first car.

I took more time on helmet than the car itself and you cant say i did scrappy job on it. Nakano was the most diffulcult one to do and its look really good

Suppla? :roflmao:
To be honest, you do a lot of hemlets and cars here and they are very nice. Nakano truly is a difficult design, I know it, coz I painted that helmet for GP4. But Eric van de Poele is even trickier.
What I recognized on your helmets is, that you merge the logos and lines onto the template. That's the right way to do, but make sure, that the connections between the top parts and side parts of the helmet fit. It's very useful to repaint/adjust the edges on the template. For example, the Arai logo on the top. There's a little gap between the two logo parts on the top.
A suggestion is, to paint the textures in a higher resolution. My helmets are normally painted in 6000x6000 px. It helps to adjust the the little gaps and connections between the different shape parts.
Furthermore, it's very useful to add more details to the templates, such as vents or tear-off-visor parts. That will make the helmet look a way more realistic.

Concerning your cars: The 1997 ones look sweet and really cool. But in my opinion, the textures could feature a few more details, such as bolts, different carbon patterns or metal textures for the gearbox parts.

Don't take this as an offence, it's just giving some advices and suggestions and helping you to make your cars/helmets look even better.

And besides, it's not really about the speed of finishing a texture. There are some people here, including me, who work as slow as a turtle runs. But that's because those people pay a lot of attention to the small, sometimes even unimportant, details. This takes time, but this will lead to a accurate and well detailed result.

supla007

Thanks for the comments. Very usefull, Better than just said You did doing right... and give anythig else about it, like some good skinner did just before you.

So i considere everything you said ;) Thanks.

If every talented skinner can be like you and give real feedback to help new ones to be better.... May be we will get more guys working on car, helmet or complete mod !

Cheer !

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 252 34.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 199 27.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 139 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 60 8.2%
  • At a friends house