The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

How do you get the AI working right? One of my cars has them just running off the outside of slow corners when they aren't behind anyone, but I can't really tell what needs to be tweaked. I guess put it at safe settings, run an AI at 100% and tweak until its lap time is the best it can be?

Last edited:
Screenshot_ks_lotus_3_eleven_bridgehampton_3-6-117-1-51-59.jpg

New entrance to T4.
Screenshot_ks_lotus_3_eleven_bridgehampton_3-6-117-1-55-27.jpg

Compared to the real thing. My tree line is a bit low. Need to expose more of the sand bank.
BridgeT4.JPG

Still some color tweaks needed and might even change the grass texture but you get the idea where this is going.
Screenshot_ks_lotus_3_eleven_bridgehampton_3-6-117-1-52-48.jpg

How do you get the AI working right? One of my cars has them just running off the outside of slow corners when they aren't behind anyone, but I can't really tell what needs to be tweaked. I guess put it at safe settings, run an AI at 100% and tweak until its lap time is the best it can be?

In this case all I'm really doing is setting up the new downshift logic introduced in 1.14 and giving the rest a once-over, but generally speaking I'll set ideal track conditions/clear weather/fixed 100% AI and then watch from driver's view and try to tweak lookahead/steering gain/brake/aero hints until it's as smooth and natural-looking as I can get it around a variety of tracks. (Which ones depends on the car in question. I try to use appropriate locations when I can.)

If you have a car running long without traffic in front I'd look at brake/aero hint - maybe cars braking in front causes them to slow down earlier than they do on their own, which is how they are OK in traffic? Stab in the dark really without seeing what they're doing.

I haven't been able to draw a lot the last couple of months. But the Formula Hybrid mod just needed some skins. So I'm finishing up my own car, before starting a complete new design.

- Gallery82 Motorsports fantasy livery
- My own helmet- design.
- Red Gloves "Superheroes always wear red gloves.."
- Driver Suit & Team Suit
- And the most important thing: The awesome Formula Hybrid :D

20170525165949_1.jpg

Looking very awesome all in all. Your reference picture for the interior shows a "150" in the middle of the dashboard. Guess it's the serial number for the last one produced. Will you include one too? :geek:

Thanks, the 150 indeed stands for the last one made, but the last of the SE30, this one I'm making is the Jota spec, the most powerful of the Diablos. Only 15 made it out of the factory and less than 30 kits were built to convert the SE.

To aid development of the Group-C cars I'm doing with @The-IC, I've developed a full physics model of the Sauber Mercedes C11...unfortunately no one has much interest in modeling it, so I doubt it will see the light of day, but nevertheless it's already proving helpful to the development of the other cars (namely tire development). Pretty insane car. Drives incredibly well in high downforce trim (takes Eau Rouge flat as per real life) and can hit 230 mph at Le Mans in low downforce trim.

The official color for the SE30 was that purple with I believe a blue alcantara interior, but it could be ordered in any paint/interior scheme the customer wanted. There are plenty of them out there in other colors. Black/red is perfectly plausible. :)

I'm ready when you are. (Just dropped the data folder in the google drive.)

Last edited:
The official color for the SE30 was that purple with I believe a blue alcantara interior, but it could be ordered in any paint/interior scheme the customer wanted. There are plenty of them out there in other colors. Black/red is perfectly plausible. :)

I'm ready when you are. (Just dropped the data folder in the google drive.)

Nice, I've thought purple goes with purple interior, I'm gonna have to check that.
Still got some things to do :

- Rear grille and badges
- Proper seat upholstery
- Some decals on the interior and "SE" badges on the rear window sill
- Visible intake details through the rear vents
- Blur for the new rims
- Adjust driver animation for new steering wheel
- Testing :D

The lambocars site also refers blue alcantara for the SE30 (link) probably like this ex Jay Kay car (link) where curiously the carpet is purple like in this article about #001 (link); while in that #150 pic with purple interior they refer it was a custom order (link). My purple Jota 1:18 model has in it dark blue, but given that its a cheap Maisto, it's the the same as their SE30.
Shame that manual roll-bar adjustment in-car isn't possible, as the seems to SE30 permit it.

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 276 34.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 223 27.8%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 149 18.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 66 8.2%
  • At a friends house