The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

The lambocars site also refers blue alcantara for the SE30 (link) probably like this ex Jay Kay car (link) where curiously the carpet is purple like in this article about #001 (link); while in that #150 pic with purple interior they refer it was a custom order (link). My purple Jota 1:18 model has in it dark blue, but given that its a cheap Maisto, it's the the same as their SE30.
Shame that manual roll-bar adjustment in-car isn't possible, as the seems to SE30 permit it.

I already made some color combos based on pics. Need to add more carpet variations, so I'll have to do some more research on that, at least to get 5 or 6 different skins to choose from.

Done rear grille, badges
Showroom_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_3-5-2017-20-56-49.jpg
Showroom_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_3-5-2017-20-56-33.jpg

Yep, I've definitely seen yellow ones. :)

One other option that was ordered on a few of them was normal windows that roll down, rather than the lightweight ones with the tiny little corner panel that opens up. They'd pretty much build you whatever in those days, if you paid for it.

On the ARBs, I've made them adjustable in the setup menu which is indeed the best we can do.

And there really is no difference between the SE30 and the Jota edition re: the interior. The Jota package was basically just an engine upgrade option for the SE30, nothing more grandiose than that.

Last edited:
Impressive work A3DR, as always, just notice a very small detail on the front rims, they
seem to be slightly to deep in your models.
:)

To aid development of the Group-C cars I'm doing with @The-IC, I've developed a full physics model of the Sauber Mercedes C11...unfortunately no one has much interest in modeling it, so I doubt it will see the light of day, but nevertheless it's already proving helpful to the development of the other cars (namely tire development). Pretty insane car. Drives incredibly well in high downforce trim (takes Eau Rouge flat as per real life) and can hit 230 mph at Le Mans in low downforce trim.
Might be worth asking mak corp for their C11.

Hi guys, I have a problem.

I use a lot of carbon on exterior bits, which currently reflects the same everyhwere, no matter the shadow and position, so I combined all of it on one UV and did a bake

This is how it looks with just UV Mult:
ey6lrTD.jpg

This is the bake, with the Alpha layer being a inversed diffuse to get the black bits to stay:
5EW2pmk.jpg

But now in the Editor changing it to MultiMap results in this:
1lAZg9I.jpg

the bits that should be transparent and let the carbon tiles through are absolutely black, no reflection or anything, no matter how I change the numbers around (I see on that screenshot I have detail still set to 0, it looks the same if I put a 1 there. Changign the UV Mult number doesn't do anything aswell
IxoAkFo.jpg

I tried just creating a 1024x1024 png with uniform 10% diffuse black on it as txDiffuse, same result, just pure black instead of carbon weave shining trough

To aid development of the Group-C cars I'm doing with @The-IC, I've developed a full physics model of the Sauber Mercedes C11...unfortunately no one has much interest in modeling it, so I doubt it will see the light of day, but nevertheless it's already proving helpful to the development of the other cars (namely tire development). Pretty insane car. Drives incredibly well in high downforce trim (takes Eau Rouge flat as per real life) and can hit 230 mph at Le Mans in low downforce trim.
Maybe you can get in touch with them? http://www.virtualr.net/mak-classic-cars-sauber-c11-previews

Yep, I've definitely seen yellow ones. :)

One other option that was ordered on a few of them was normal windows that roll down, rather than the lightweight ones with the tiny little corner panel that opens up. They'd pretty much build you whatever in those days, if you paid for it.

On the ARBs, I've made them adjustable in the setup menu which is indeed the best we can do.

And there really is no difference between the SE30 and the Jota edition re: the interior. The Jota package was basically just an engine upgrade option for the SE30, nothing more grandiose than that.

Well the body is the same as the SE, but the big difference is on the hood cover scoops and the intake upgrade.
Stock SE:
1994-Lamborghini-Diablo-SE30-V1-1080.jpg

Jota:
1994-Lamborghini-Diablo-SE30-Jota-for-sale-5.jpg

Impressive work A3DR, as always, just notice a very small detail on the front rims, they
seem to be slightly to deep in your models.
:)

Noted and adjusted:
Showroom_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_4-5-2017-9-50-27.jpg

Hi guys, I have a problem.

I use a lot of carbon on exterior bits, which currently reflects the same everyhwere, no matter the shadow and position, so I combined all of it on one UV and did a bake

If you want the carbon fiber to reflect only where it's supposed to, you can use an AO map into the blue channel of the map texture, to control the reflection intensity.

Meanwhile, correct Alcantara seats w/stitches:
Showroom_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_4-5-2017-9-49-50.jpg

If you want the carbon fiber to reflect only where it's supposed to, you can use an AO map into the blue channel of the map texture, to control the reflection intensity.
yeah, that's what I want to do, but when I choose the Multimap shader it turns the whole part 100% black, ignoring all settings

yeah, that's what I want to do, but when I choose the Multimap shader it turns the whole part 100% black, ignoring all settings
Strange, it works for me as I usually use that for the exhausts or chrome parts to avoid having the shadow parts all shiny.
Can you post the settings and show the R G B channels of the map texture?

If interested, there seems to be one SE30 Jota in blue with a combination of blue and white interiors. Probably an american model, given the leather instead of alcantara. (link)
Edit: Black with green interior is also interesting (link), a bit less flashy than red as it's almost the windows tint color too.

Last edited:
Smoothed some body lines and new AO baked, small adjustments but sure take time
View attachment 194763

Looks great! Interesting shade of red. Any intention to recreate this special edition of the Diablo?

Is the SE30 really more powerful than this? I had the chance to do a walk around of one of these GTs last week and the amount of carbon fibre and the exhaust system suggested serious power. Then again no clue about Diablos in general. Here's one for ya, same venue, guess it's a JOTA:

Last edited:
Pfft, an ugly Audi and no pop lights! :laugh: Quick look at w!: the SE30 Jota (595hp) is slightly more powerful and very slightly lighter (10Kg) than the later GT (575hp). But that figure should go along with it's open exhaust, the regular SE30 had 523hp (being road-legal).

Btw, the cool thing about the SE30 Jota, is that unlike the GT with its race car looks, it even looked more exotic than the regular model. The GT is probably faster on track though, as the more obtrusive aero should work better and a later model could have some enhancements.

Last edited:
Strange, it works for me as I usually use that for the exhausts or chrome parts to avoid having the shadow parts all shiny.
Can you post the settings and show the R G B channels of the map texture?
ah, your reply got me on the right path. Seems like the Editor does not like MAP textures that have an Alpha layer, even if I use the MultiMap_NMDetail shader, without AT. Deleted it and now it works as intended. Thought something was wrong with the Diffuse instead

If interested, there seems to be one SE30 Jota in blue with a combination of blue and white interiors. Probably an american model, given the leather instead of alcantara. (link)
Edit: Black with green interior is also interesting (link), a bit less flashy than red as it's almost the windows tint color too.

Jesus man that black one is incredible!! I have the strong feeling of having photographed that car during an event in 1997/1998, black with that green Alcantara. Doesn't get any better than this!

ah, your reply got me on the right path. Seems like the Editor does not like MAP textures that have an Alpha layer, even if I use the MultiMap_NMDetail shader, without AT. Deleted it and now it works as intended. Thought something was wrong with the Diffuse instead
Alpha channel on the Map texture is useless anyway, glad it helped!

Getting close to a first release, doing some testing, adjusting minor details. Added the option to use two-tone interior colors now, and that green Alcantara too :D
Showroom_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_4-5-2017-14-47-23.jpg

Showroom_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_4-5-2017-14-49-31.jpg

Added a little bit of detail on the engine bay, hardly visible even on replays, but it's there
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_skidpad05_4-6-117-12-25-14.jpg

Blur rims (not fully satisfied but get the job done)
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_ks_black_cat_county_4-6-117-15-36-29.jpg

No GT planned for now, maybe someday I'll decide to give it a go, but now I've got a lot on my plate :cool:

This is gonna be a stunning release! Some detail observations:

- If you're shooting for the Jota, there seems to be one little thing missing on the plaque:
diasej34.jpg

- And according to most of the pictures the switching backdrop on the shifter isn't as elevated as in your model. Have another look here:
diase104.jpg

or here:
phoca_thumb_l_diablo30serm_08.jpg

As for the "Jota" badge, I'm not sure if that's factory built or an aftermarket add-on, I only saw it on one car alone, haven't seen it in any other. Most of them seems to have the SE badge alone.

In regards to the shifter, not sure why they're different, might have been an option too:
2222.jpg

Nice attention to detail, but you missed the AC outlets and aluminum pedals and foot rest :D

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 285 34.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 230 27.9%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 152 18.4%
  • Watch party

Votes: 66 8.0%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 22 2.7%