The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Super excited, but curious as to what happened with the Transit and the old car?

Still in progress - I know, I know, I'm great at starting projects, less so at finishing them :rolleyes:

Though to be fair, this new one started as a completely different project - nothing to do with Assetto Corsa, more of a personal design project for my portfolio - but then when it came to the modelling phase I chose to do it in 3DS as apposed to something like Alias (mostly due to me being more comfortable with 3ds having been using it exclusively for the past year or so).

It made sense then to attach a few dummy's and have it work in AC - kind of an extra dimension for your designs to see them in motion instead of just standard renders. And it probably won't please anyone to know another project is the very early stages - just pen to paper now. Will be very different to anything else in AC so far.

Few laps at Barcelona showing of the animated suspension, with a variety of onboard and offboard shots. Lap 1 was just a warm up, 2 and 3 were with full power in Race Mode - you see me outbrake myself since the speed difference always catches me out :p

Full onboard lap starts at around 4:00min.

Playing around with spring rates and ARBs just now, still trying to solve the understeer, not done yet but still heaps of fun.

Last edited:
Pure awesomeness!!! Development looks like it's going really well, Gary. I find myself switching between the Lotus 49 and your F1000, both being as much fun as each other - love it!

Did you fix the mega-low reverse gear? Also, in your opinion would the inside of the cockpit cover show reflections? Sometimes I forget I'm not using a bumper-cam because there is no indication from the cockpit view that the scenery is moving past. Just a thought...

Pure awesomeness!!! Development looks like it's going really well, Gary. I find myself switching between the Lotus 49 and your F1000, both being as much fun as each other - love it!

Did you fix the mega-low reverse gear? Also, in your opinion would the inside of the cockpit cover show reflections? Sometimes I forget I'm not using a bumper-cam because there is no indication from the cockpit view that the scenery is moving past. Just a thought...

Ooh, I don't think I've ever used reverse gear in it... :rolleyes: not a very good tester, am i? :roflmao: I'll check it later.

At the beginning it had reflections in the interior, but I found it a bit unrealistic, since it reflects the road underneath you :p Its the same with Kunos cars, they don't have reflections on interior glass, but I could turn it on and see what others think.

I've had to use reverse gear quite a few times... :rolleyes: not a very good driver, am I? :roflmao:

Fair point about the reflections, if they look unrealistic or distracting.

Kunos cars use a prerendered reflection of the dashboard, I'm not sure there's any more to it than making that and using the special kswindscreen shader. It at least lets you know the glass is there although it's only really visible in sunlight (acting as if the sun is brightening the dash).
it works fine for just a windscreen but I'm curious if it would look good on a full canopy like he uses. I personally never quite figured out how to do the dash reflection in the texture file.

I've had to use reverse gear quite a few times... :rolleyes: not a very good driver, am I? :roflmao:

Fair point about the reflections, if they look unrealistic or distracting.

There we have full interior glass reflections :) Personally I think they add a lot of noise and are a bit distracting, but I'll see what everyone else thinks.

Checked reverse gear, just the same ratio as 1st gear - so was actually a very high ratio (you could do like 60+mph). Made it a bit lower.

This vehicle is super entertaining to drive, I know it, and the onboard shows it !

Reflections on inner windscreen here looks totally wrong. I have made that fake dash reflection for my Jaaaaaaag, but haven't really polished it very well, also I think it could be more visible.

I have simply taken a screenshot of dash from certain angle in game. Then toned it down and placed it on RGB channels, adjusted it. Then have made black and white version, with surfaces more visible=more white, obviously. And obviously placed in the same place in alpha channel and used ksWindscreen shader.

It works, but I find it very hard to actually make it look decent lol Photoshop painting skills would help a great deal lol.

Oh, I like it!! That feels loads more realistic to me. Possibly reduce the ksSpecularEXP to soften the reflections, but overall I really like it (sorry :redface:)

And you are quite right about reverse, sorry, my mistake. It just takes a while to get going...

Such a fun car though :thumbsup:

Oh, I like it!! That feels loads more realistic to me. Possibly reduce the ksSpecularEXP to soften the reflections, but overall I really like it (sorry :redface:)

And you are quite right about reverse, sorry, my mistake. It just takes a while to get going...

Such a fun car though :thumbsup:

I'll have two .kn5's, one with reflections one without. And yeah, with no low down torque and no electric power in reverse, its pretty sluggish.

Just updated the download, swap the kn5's to change reflections :)

The lack of interior reflections make it quite distracting, indeed. You could cheat that and find out what parts of the windshield (as seen from the driver's POV) reflect the interior and get rid of reflections for that part. Sort of like a mask for the reflection. That way you will get kerbs reflecting when you're near them, but will not wash out the reflections when you're over them (as in real life because it will be blocked by the interior).

reviving a stupid idea from last year:
czXdJAu.jpg

(Stereo's Blender Rig for Driver Position and Animation needs to be more known)

Last edited:
Very early WIP on a historic RSR livery originally created by fashion designer Mila Schön. I haven't seen it pop up yet, but I guess it deserves some love:
porsche-rsr-mila-sch-2_1280x0w.jpg Porsche-911-Carrera-RSR-3.0-59625.jpg723347.jpg97_bazaar_wip9.jpg97_bazaar_wip10.jpg
I haven't decided if it'll have the extra sponsors the car has currently, or to keep it simple as the previous owner did to better match rims, etc.
I don't have much experience on skinning, so I'm finding this car a bit touchy for lateral shapes as there are many separate bits to align, so it'll take some time.

Edit: I'll be updating this post with newer previews as they come. The paint scheme and decals are almost finished by now, so the next step will be to tweak the details ingame.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 481 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 292 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 145 21.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 188 27.3%
Back