The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Was just driving it the other night in AMS, so took me about 2 seconds to get that one.

Nice. It's a really fun track, with some great corners. Looking forward to it. ;)

Not really a "What are you working on" yet, but I was thinking of trying out track modelling and this is my likeliest starting point:
map.PNG earth.jpg topo.PNG
I wasn't aware the WP was that long this year, I actually had the part until 2:53 in mind. (I grew up in the village at 1:25, so I know the roads there quite well - and always and still felt like the drivers could go way faster in some parts of the track :D)

What do you guys think? Could this be a fun track do drive in AC? Having mainly road cars and lower spec-rallye-like cars in mind. And is it a realistic starting project to learn the craft of modelling?

(for those who are interested, there are more videos as it was also WP 8 this year; moreover Rallye Fränkische Schweiz Brunn should give some more results; the starting point is pretty unique compared to the other starts of the rallye)

Last edited:
How well do you know it? I could use a tester :sneaky:

Made some laps (not many) in a couple different cars and I've been to the Grand-Am/Indy Car/PWC races there since 2009, along with the Superbike races 3 times. Seeing it in person really gives you an idea of the elevation changes around the track. It's hard to grasp just seeing it on TV.

to those of you using animated wings, is it possible to make an animation file that changes the wing's static..."position" according to the settings in the setup?

I don't want to make it move ingame, just to have different appearances according to the setup angle, like "30° in setup - wing at 30° angle ingame, 40° - wing at 40°" and so on.

to those of you using animated wings, is it possible to make an animation file that changes the wing's static..."position" according to the settings in the setup?

I don't want to make it move ingame, just to have different appearances according to the setup angle, like "30° in setup - wing at 30° angle ingame, 40° - wing at 40°" and so on.

Yes it works just fine, just make sure you don't have any wing controllers acting on it, as they will override it. Made a quick example (had to remove active controllers and add the wing section in the setup.ini):

pHlG1mbh.jpg

97gPQy7h.jpg

Xj2zB7wh.jpg

(Set the wing in the setup.ini to Clicks=0 to show actual angle, which I didn't do.)

Opens up a lot of possibilites, as you could have an option to open doors etc in the setup which is kinda cool.

opens up a lot of possibilites, as you could have an option to open doors etc in the setup which is kinda cool.
What I want to do is have three steps in the wing's setup, and according to this one or two foils of the rear wing should "disappear" completely, via keyframes "Scale=0"

What I want to do is have three steps in the wing's setup, and according to this one or two foils of the rear wing should "disappear" completely, via keyframes "Scale=0"

Hmm, i think you'd have to have the 3 stages equally spaced in the animation, then in the setup.ini set the 'steps=' to however many degrees represents a stage of the animation, so you can only choose a few wing angle settings.

Opens up a lot of possibilites, as you could have an option to open doors etc in the setup which is kinda cool.
Downside last I looked is setups aren't transmitted in MP so you won't see anyone else's settings. Wing animation logic is just calculated locally based on the same parameters (so if your client knows they are braking at 140km/h, it can flip the wing up for example)

Wings add to replay size (and aero physics calculations) so it's probably best practice to stick to the showroom animation loops for stuff that's not aerodynamically important.

Had a quick race with @Tberg on NJMP Lighting and man what a great layout for close racing. Had a good run going until Tberg had a little issue in T1 ;)

TV cams were just a quick thing I put together for the video.

Woah you just had to bring that last few seconds in the vid! Next time I´ll post your sundaytrip in the grass (the big one)! :roflmao:

Look so much forward to this one, already fun!

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%