The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

What about the dif and the arms
and even the suspension ... dont i have to do them asweel ?
Kunos make nothing man ,
theres discs and hubs , and nothing else , just a flat floor on 80% of stuff , except open wheelers ,
do not worry too much about it ,
Unless ,
A = your obsessed and you want it doing ,
B = your obsessed like me and you want it doing ,
C = leave it has is and waste the poly on the door handles :D

Kunos E30 DTM
eccc332afca2421ed9e5018206a865c4.png

3cadf58ca959dd872870886f9aceb254.png

mainly its texture work on these cars man
38ca4994862581ab00dddc2f5243fd64.png

a50adf9ba1ed2582f8a596d66643d306.png

as you can see this toy model has more details than Kunos content on the floors ......
Same exact car E30 DTM
bmw_m3e30dtm18.jpg

But to make everything i need gary mushrooms and im out of them

But ok i see now i think im going to detail it a bit more than the kunos one ...

Btw i been trying to find a pic of the floor panel but i cant find it !

But to make everything i need gary mushrooms and im out of them

But ok i see now i think im going to detail it a bit more than the kunos one ...

Btw i been trying to find a pic of the floor panel but i cant find it !
yeah i looked too , i found a partial pan ,
would be nice in 3d and bake a texture from it using max ,

like you could model everything roughly , use the max NM scene bake it all in say 2k res ,
then it would look perfect , but not that many panels ,
Kunos have official data and pictures and sometimes scans ,
so they have the assets , to simply just use textures instead of 3D ,
we do not have that luxery of BMW support on tap ,
simply model it and bake a texture or model it and leave it ,
but anything than a flat floor is better than nothing , most cars dont have anything here at all :)

I'd just model silhouettes of the diff/suspension bits so you see the general shape from outside, and just texture it as said above.

For the Transit I'm modelling a lot of it becauee its quite tall with a lot of ground clearance, especially with some roll. For lower stuff like the Focus, it'll be much less detailed as its just not visible.

I would add a very basic dummy engine block and sump, gearbox and diff. Don't bother making any texture for it and make the material dark and non reflective. Something to see when you overspeed at Flugplatz ;)

I have rolled over just a few times in my total playtime of AC.... so I think underbody is totally unnecessary, if you cars are almost never rolling over.
I make a lot of open wheelers , and there pretty simply underneath ,
I do spend time there , and it his accurate , but most is done with NM and texture ,
3D is nice , but a nice car , there is nothing left to worry about the floor pan :D

Rather waste it on 3D rivets :roflmao::roflmao:

Yeah my consideration for what to model is stop when it won't improve the Showroom looks. So I skip details if there's no way to see them from that camera...
I started making more stuff in 3D , simply because the AC editor as 1000 bugs and no matter what settings you use everything looks like garbage , its a joke ,

so now all bolts , rivets and **** get made in 3D , as simply the Alpha settings are not to my quality I expect from my own work ,

but in saying this , except the showroom , and at a few meters distance , what I see as a bug is not visible ,
but the matter it is there , and I can see it and can not fix it ,
really bothers me , to the point where now its all 3D

Guys, this discussion is epic haahaaaa. I love the comment on the rivets. Big issue in modeling airplanes. I once calculated how much it would add to the geometry when I model the rivets on the F-14 Tomcat, it came out at around 1 million+.

One question though what about pit stops? If ever the crew change the tires you'll see everything behind it. Not relevant for now I guess but was always wondering about that.

Guys, this discussion is epic haahaaaa. I love the comment on the rivets. Big issue in modeling airplanes. I once calculated how much it would add to the geometry when I model the rivets on the F-14 Tomcat, it came out at around 1 million+.

One question though what about pit stops? If ever the crew change the tires you'll see everything behind it. Not relevant for now I guess but was always wondering about that.
planes I would make in NM obviously ,
But cars , nuts and bolts , now in my mind , 3D is a must lol , specially in AC , the sdk settings are really poor quality for me , specially regarding reflection ,

if you make a 1 polygon square , and add any setting you wish , at some point its visible slightly , from the sun at one angle or another , I dont like this bug , so simply make it in 3D :)

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 245 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 164 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 24 2.8%