The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Is there any way to get a glimpse at this without the spoiler on the rear lid? Either way thanks for sharing! Really cool project!

Yes thank you

5HXWKbR.png

Familiarizing myself with Onshape right now. The entire LMP1 is a quite hefty doc which takes some time to sift through.

Had a long chat with Nicolas Perrin, we're determined to get this project going and I have access to all necessary info right now. He's a really cool guy and very forthcoming. It could actually be that we have a working virtual representation of the car before it hits the track in real life - how cool is that?!

As for the model, the only proprietary parts worth mentioning are the brakes (discs and pads by Brembo), driveshafts and of course engine and transmission details. I'll take the Brembo system used on the 2016 R18 as a reference for now. It also has comparable wheelbarrels:

Driveshafts pretty much all look the same in LMP1 among the current crowd. I have a good reference of a 919 driveshaft which I'll use.

Engine will be a 700bhp V6 twin turbo non hybrid. That's not to say that that is the engine that will be used but it's no secret that non-hybrid LMP1s need at least 650 and more like 700bhp to be competitive vs. LMP2.

Will post updates as I get sh*t done :).

I've been getting more into LMP cars over the last weeks weeks, and this project is getting me quite excited!

Can't wait to see how it develops :thumbsup:

Me too man, ha! I find it super exciting and interesting. I'll for sure be back here with some questions when it comes to aligning the double wishbones etc in game :). Of course the guys at Perrinn are interested in how it would drive as no one so far as attempted to model this thing for a racing sim if you can believe it. Apparently some people contacted them over the years but no one's ever done it. Probably cuz they thought it was vaporware...

...as for LMP and WEC in general I think I've by now watched every single race in full length since 2013. It's the most exciting racing series in the world AFAIC. As the drivers say taking Eau Rouge at full throttle in an LMP1 is more hardcore than in an F1.

Last edited:
Me too man, ha! I find it super exciting and interesting. I'll for sure be back here with some questions when it comes to aligning the double wishbones etc in game :). Of course the guys at Perrinn are interested in how it would drive as no one so far as attempted to model this thing for a racing sim if you can believe it. Apparently some people contacted them over the years but no one's ever done it. Probably cuz they thought it was vaporware...

...as for LMP and WEC in general I think I've by now watched every single race in full length since 2013. It's the most exciting racing series in the world AFAIC. As the drivers say taking Eau Rouge at full throttle in an LMP1 is more hardcore than in an F1.
I'd be willing to do the physics for the car once the model is a good way into development (if you'd be interested). I've worked on a number of LMPs (all with a considerable amount of data) ranging from LMP1 to LMP2 to LMPC for AC, so I'm quite familiar with the cars in question.

I think I have managed to finalise the layout for my Feldbergring circuit. I have about as much info on this track as I did for Thomson Road (i.e. not much). There is no Lidar for this part of Germany (just outside Frankfurt), no StreetView either (?!) so I have had to work off 90m SRTM data, WW2 topographic maps and Google Earth.

1950-feldberg.jpg

I think it is going to be a pretty exciting track though, both for racing and hotlapping :)

There is no Lidar for this part of Germany (just outside Frankfurt), no StreetView either (?!) so I have had to work off 90m SRTM data, WW2 topographic maps and Google Earth.
Streetview was hindered state based due to privacy laws, and Lidar in Germany is really weird as well. IIRC only NRW offers it state wide for free.. we're quite behind all those fancy new digital toys

I think I have managed to finalise the layout for my Feldbergring circuit. I have about as much info on this track as I did for Thomson Road (i.e. not much). There is no Lidar for this part of Germany (just outside Frankfurt), no StreetView either (?!) so I have had to work off 90m SRTM data, WW2 topographic maps and Google Earth.

View attachment 203106

I think it is going to be a pretty exciting track though, both for racing and hotlapping :)

Oh wow...:geek::thumbsup:

Superfast, superdangerous... up and down the hill with cool jumps, following the landscape- just the way we like it, and quite the opposite of those boring,sterile Thielke tracks.

Reminds me of two another already gone german tracks Solitude and the already mentioned Suedschleife(would be coll to race it with the Nord together for endurance.). Or like Bremgarten in Switzerland, Clermont Ferrand in France and there was a track in Italy... Targa Florio,:whistling:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 53 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 34 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%