The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Both front tires are way off where they should be.

I dunno how CM generates those previews so I can't comment.
Oh that's easy. Somehow @Brownninja97 set a value for the wheel turn in cm previews so high that it appears like that. I always set mine to 20 degrees(which i think looks better than pure straight wheels) I don't know how high it goes but it's gotta be at least 60 degrees in those preview pics. To make it straight, click on the tiny arrow next to the "update preview" button in cm. Should be in "misc". If it's not, keep looking until you find it :D (at work on a mac, so can't help more :( )

On another note how the bloody hell does this happen

8835921720b0d1a55a35abea5d9e1238.jpg

cfcaf596d73719f4c66c0a26b87a057f.jpg
is that the showroom or a geenrated preview? In teh shoqroom you can choose if you want to display the model "pure" or with physics data, maybe you have the latter chosen and not set up correctly yet?

is that the showroom or a geenrated preview? In teh shoqroom you can choose if you want to display the model "pure" or with physics data, maybe you have the latter chosen and not set up correctly yet?
lol if i asked it to use data the wheels would be way off where they should be. Incidentally is there an easy way to get the wheels to line up where they should be or is it always just throwing numbers into the inis and hoping for the best

The only way to offset them from center like that (that I know of) is in the graphical offset section in suspensions.ini. Otherwise the game spaces them using wheelbase and track, but always centered.

lol if i asked it to use data the wheels would be way off where they should be. Incidentally is there an easy way to get the wheels to line up where they should be or is it always just throwing numbers into the inis and hoping for the best
Assuming model has wheels at equal distances from the origin I think you can do:

CG_Offset = (50% - weightDist%)*wheelbase(meters)

The sign might be negative, forgot which direction is which in AC...

The offset will be negative when the CG is in front of the axle because positive is forward and the offset is how far you move the mesh from the CG (so it needs to go backward as far as the object origin is backward from the cg). I think the way you wrote it that'll happen naturally (eg. 60% front -> (-10%)*wheelbase = negative offset)

Same as BASEY in suspensions is negative if the axles are below the cg, cause negative is downward.

Last edited:
@Brownninja97 @aphidgod @Stereo @SunBro @AccAkut You can go into the CM showroom then click on Wheels-> "align using data" and then the wheels align using data. With that button a whole menu pops up allowing you to change the speed the wheels rotate, change camber and toe, move the wheels in they/z axis.You can change the wheelbase there as well. After you have aligned it as you wanted you press "Update model". This doesn't change data, just updates the car model with which the previews are made

Before messing about:
__custom_showroom_1505543407.jpg
After: As you can see I changed the y and z axis of the front and the rear suspension, added toe and could have added camber
__custom_showroom_1505543505.jpg

Ohhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this the Acura NSX S1 by Siim Annuk ?

Sure is! Siim was kind enough to make an Acura model for us with the NFS project in mind. I'm working on adjusting the physics for that one + an S1 upgraded version, which is the one shown in the post you're quoting.

MXNOVHZ.jpg

I'm doing the Acura version in 1994 spec, here it is in factory colors. (Yes, I know these are the early wheels.)

After that I'll sort out the few tweaks needed @ the Honda car + the R and we should be in business.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 39 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.2%