The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

4597c5fb3bea9a5e64c4bcf9b8d104f2.png

losing my mind here testing the ai(the reason its not out, they are banzai charging at T1 and flipping eachother).

Its worth the wait though, i want it to be perfect also spot the kunos employee

If you ask me that's awesome realism when it comes to that era of GT1 cars, even if they don't flip because of the aerodynamics :) Do you need a tester ;)
Sorry little too late to be asking. after feedback everything is pretty dialed in, just ai having the ability to avoid what makes this car hard to drive meaning they are very quick so a little bop madness to wip them in shape, sadly this bit takes long, its just so mind numbing especially as you have to tweak then wait 5 minutes to see results. my goal is to get them within 1-2 seconds of eachother very close but may have to do some odd things like getting ai to shift early or take longer to shift into gear or abarth 500 tyres :D

527b32d02703c0a98c894a7d6ddc9eec.png

oh nvm it seems to have sorted itself out, not sure why though but in every test Toshio san is off. seriously he needs to get it together or he is getting dropped, i hear Alan Mcnish is free after Porsche is leaving le mans.

Last edited:
More downforce, more balanced weight distribution, more advanced chassis....even looking at onboards you can tell it handles much more like a modern prototype than the other GT1s of the time.
drivers didnt seem to find it too stable well according to their quotes in a few things i read a while back but then again all of the cars of that generation were a little tricky.

Ukyo Katayama said "The engine of the TS020 in 1999 was 700 horsepower since the power rose about 100 horsepower than the previous year, so it was easy to turn around and control the power suddenly."

"Compared with the F1 car of those days, there was weight and power was small, but the downforce was so great that the sense of stability was outstanding. When I ran Le Mans' course about 3 minutes 37 seconds, it was completely extra drive."

http://ms.toyota.co.jp/jp/wec/special/wec-trio-talk-2015-0101.html
http://ms.toyota.co.jp/jp/wec/special/wec-trio-talk-2015-0102.html

Last edited:
Yeah i did read that before. Well regardless of it as it currently is the ts020 is slightly harder to drive compared to the 911, well not really hard just harder to recover if you mess up. With ABS(as the 911 has in ac) it becomes much easier though i dont remember seeing ABS being allowed in the ruleset ill check that again though

http://www.speedhunters.com/2010/04/retrospective_gt_gt_toyota_gt_one_unfinished_business_2/

"Roll on 12 months and Toyota were back with another three car entry. There were many detail changes to the GT-ONEs, some coming from the experiences of 1998, some mandated by the rules changes as the GT1 class mutated into LMP GTP. ABS and traction control were out, the fuel tank was 10 litres smaller and the sequential gearchange was backed up with a manual gear lever system."

So seems like the '98 cars had ABS and the '99 cars didn't.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%