The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

What a fun and crazy looking car.
I like it. Should be great to drive around some of these historic tracks that are being released for AC.
Good luck and have fun with the build.

What a fun and crazy looking car.
I like it. Should be great to drive around some of these historic tracks that are being released for AC.
Good luck and have fun with the build.

Thanks. Hopefully I'll get it to a stage where it's releasable, grappling with textures right now and there's a few modelling bits not quite finished. Don't know if you remember the cartoon Wacky Races but these strange old cars always bring that to mind :)

I started in on a Type 35 a few weeks ago and the solid axle thing has got me scratching my head a bit.

Spent days watching my model boing about the pit-lane trying to work that out, there's a thread here that explains it a bit https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/live-axle.138789/ As I understand it, for the front suspension you just have to compromise with wishbones or struts, which is a shame but I guess the AC engine wasn't really built with vintage cars in mind.

So I was wondering...

Do any of y'all know a solution for a car bouncing at low speeds? I've been trying to put together a physics update for one of the old NASCAR mods out there, but it's REALLY bouncy at low speed and I can't figure out why. At higher speeds, it's fairly stable for being what it is (live rear axle and insane hp) so I don't think it's the springs. Also, if you guys have any technical data about the Sprint Cup Gen6 cars (specifically suspension data, but any data would be helpful)that would be much appreciated.

Sainz done. Not too happy with some parts because of the different models (AC one and the real Schubert), but it doesn't look to bad, right?:D I will work on it again when I'll finish the entire pack. Get the updated pack here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-2018-helmet-pack-w-i-p.20448/
sainz1.jpg
sainz2.jpg

Guys i'm working on an A1GP mod, but i've occurred in a problem, as you can see in the GIF. I've updated the tyres on the 3D model (very small changes) and when i saved the .kn5 file it started to show this problem. It happens in-game also.

giphy.gif

I rewatched the movie to get some angles on the interior of the car and noticed something odd...
pFwkYuG.jpg

As far as I know this isn't a trim level that was offered in a 1974 Monaco.
xOBQkEw.jpg

Whereas this one is the base trim level, but they never offered a brown steering wheel in 1974.

I guess they mixed 74 and 75s depending on the angle, maybe the 75 car is a special camera cutaway one.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 402 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 254 43.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 272 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 121 20.9%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 161 27.8%
Back